Jack Monroe #229 Hold me closer Tony Danza

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Given how she's been recently I apologise if this lands in the middle of another atrocity but I just work up from a dream where Jack was trying to get a field full of horses to pay attention to her and I was trying to stop because they were all really obviously raging at her and circling and oh god

My family has owned horses since I was about 12 but this is the first time I've ever dreamed about them and of course it's Jack related.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I know there are other crypto fraus on this thread but you have to lol when Jack goes infosec with top tips such as two phones with the details stored in so you don’t get hacked versus the increasingly insane security measures available to protect ur wallets??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Just to say 'brexit' is my most hated portmanteau ever.
I refused to use it in conversation for a for a very long time as didn't want to give it credence.
it's a pet hate of mine how media engineered words (mengineered) are repeatedly used become part of our every day parlance, it's a very clear illustration of how easy it is to manipulate en masse and almost subliminally coerce us into changing something as fundamental as our language.
Especially those words designed to make an horrendous concept less threatening, trying to be light-hearted and pally with something that had the potential for colossal devastation.

I'm aware this makes me sound slightly tin hattish, (twattish?) and find it quite hard to articulate.
Thank goodness for the anonymity of the cabal 🤣
Maskhole is the worst

• Heart
Reactions: 31
The squig horribleness always baffles me. It's always in response to a genuine concern that a particular squig as.

Do people not realise that the concern is actually a good thing. It means they care.

All anyone's response should have been to the squig was I will bear that in mind. Thanks. That's all.

I hate the fact the general consensus is when someone questions someone is that they are a troll. No, in fact they are normally people who work in certain fields that deal with those issues and know the repercussions. Like baddiel doc calling us bored house wives, when in actual fact most of us ( if not all) are professionals working in various industries successfully. It's a deluded concept they use to make them feel better about the fact they are being called out.
Not just that but they attatch stigma to being a housewife (which isn't a free ride) which minimalises the fact that women have been giving (and are expected to give) unpaid work and care since humans existed. It's quite sexist and diminishes the role of women in society and that of our mothers and grandmothers.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
@Shawads
I did linguistics as part of my first degree. I totally hear you about portmanteau words/manipulation of language. I loathe that bleeping B word too.
Jack you are a twit (on topic mods)x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I’ve already done it, just waiting to post

ETA - I don’t mind though. Soz that sounded super rude.
It’s up - sorry Silv thought I was helping

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.