Jack Monroe #229 Hold me closer Tony Danza

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those pictures make me sad because Jack hates them too. I think that early summer 2020 is when she did have a genuine, somewhat Tattle induced, breakdown. Not because of us but because she finally saw the reality of the grift and how she couldn’t carry on that way. Mix (fold) that in with covid, her genuine MH issues and Louisa leaving and I think there was the beginning of self reflection. However the lifestyle just took a different shape and the patrons pay the rent regardless so she buried it. I think sometimes it does pop up and it’s overwhelming and she is reflective and hates it.

I’ve been following Jack for years and years and she’s never been this bad. I think she knows she has an expiration date for this phase of her career and is trying to maximise her earning potential.

TLDR. It’s xmas and I can’t help but feel aching sadness at another human hurting. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Agree completely. The latest public performance hasn’t driven any more Patreons, obvs we have no visibility on PayPal donations or gifts to publishers but it’s a sinking ship. I really don’t think she’s in a good place financially and whilst her parents are in a position to financially support her, she won’t be able to sustain the extreme consumption she’s shown us (directly & indirectly!) these last 2 years. I’d be shitting it too.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
A leetle to early for a thread suggestion but I'm going to bed and suspect that you will be on the next thread when I wake. Christmas song inspired and from JMs perspective

Jack Monroe: I Wish It Could Be Griftmas Everyday
Anyone else now have an ear worm? 🎶😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
When she says 'work' she means twitter.
I'm only slightly joking.
David Baddiel justified his excessive twitter usage as 'I need it for work' too.
Keeping up your media presence and networking or some tit like that.

It’s always ‘I need it for work!’ but there are plenty of people who work in the media who don’t tweet 24/7. I don’t see how arguing over gender politics or sharing memes about Boris does anything for a person’s professional profile

Turn that kitty’s head to the side a little and that is a classic Jack pose with the giant eyes and teeth on full display.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Agree completely. The latest public performance hasn’t driven any more Patreons, obvs we have no visibility on PayPal donations or gifts to publishers but it’s a sinking ship. I really don’t think she’s in a good place financially and whilst her parents are in a position to financially support her, she won’t be able to sustain the extreme consumption she’s shown us (directly & indirectly!) these last 2 years. I’d be shitting it too.
All that Patreon and Tip Jar money is taxable income too. I doubt she has considered that.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I can hear echos of “catch yourself on, now! Quit the pity party!”
If I am honest my mum is a bit like Bernard. Lol you don't get much pity from herz especially if she knows your not putting any effort in.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
So Jack has given her new kitten 15 nicknames in the one day she has been 'working' from home has she? Sounds legit. Definitely hasn't made that up for Twitter likes.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
If that cat story is made up, it’s genius because I can completely see this happening.

ETA I hope Pam isn’t on Twitter because the story is trending and someone will know her but I think it was dealt with very sensitively and sensibly by HR (which doesn’t always happen).

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Once again can anyone point me to the nutrients available in this that she needs so desperately for her conditions but are unavailable to her on her vegan diet? She got paid in 2016 to write an article promising to become vegan and even during the time of these threads promised to buy vegan bacon.

As the 13th most important vegan on this hellsite I don’t care what anyone does or doesn’t eat but to have a paid preaching article published in the Guardian and make money off a book about veganism yet drop it so quickly and shout at vegans who question it saying ‘poor people can’t be vegan’ - she can duck off.

Ps I do understand about food deserts and I do think that being vegan is a privilege for some but not for her.
I think her attitude to veganism would be a lot less annoying if she would just be bleeping honest.

A lot of people try a lifestyle change, then change their mind. Fine.

But when you go in all guns blazing, screaming about slaughterhouses and torture, and within a couple of weeks you're sharing non-vegan food on your Insta...

For a couple of years she would always lie and claim that her non-vegan dishes were for friends, or Mrs J, or SB, or recipe testing. First, what kind of cook doesn't try their own recipes as they go, to check for seasoning or whatever? Secondly, why does a vegan always have a load of eggs and tinned fish lying around the place just in case a friend pops by?

There were some vegan comments that were quite nasty on her non-vegan dishes, but the vast majority were well-meaning of the "Oh! How did you make that vegan?" or "What milk substitute did you use?" variety, and she was, without fail, a total bleep to them because she couldn't admit she'd given up on veganism.

I can really see why she became persona non grata in the vegan world.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
So Jack has given her new kitten 15 nicknames in the one day she has been 'working' from home has she? Sounds legit. Definitely hasn't made that up for Twitter likes.

I'm surprised she's had time to name her at all, considering she got her on Sunday evening, spent all of Monday away from the crappy bungalow, spent all of yesterday dyeing her clothes then posting the results, and filled the remaining time with sadfishing and 16 hour dino naps.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Even veganish as a title is offensive as I understand it. You are either vegan/plant based for ethical or health reasons or both, or you enjoy vegan food as part of your overall food selection but you aren’t a vegan. You can’t be a bit vegan, it’s all or nothing. The uncompromising approach means that vegans are given a hard time but I understand why they might feel that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.