Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Forgive me for suggesting something sensible, but surely the best course of action is for her to use the notes app on her phone, seeing as it is surgically attached to her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Forgive me for suggesting something sensible, but surely the best course of action is for her to use the notes app on her phone, seeing as it is surgically attached to her.
But the notes app is free and the Moleskine notebooks she uses are at least a weeks budget worth of shopping. Too sensible.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I had to skip a few pages because I just can't deal with the new addition. It's a beautiful day here in MC Town and I don't want to be full of hate today. I just wish Jack had properly researched how to introduce pets to one another, it saves a lot of stress if you can do it properly the first time. My pets come first though, not my dopamine hit. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 58
She’s a total head the kitten is clearly terrified and I put my Russell’s together to pray 25l and 21k viggles catch wind of this

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
I had to skip a few pages because I just can't deal with the new addition. It's a beautiful day here in MC Town and I don't want to be full of hate today. I just wish Jack had properly researched how to introduce pets to one another, it saves a lot of stress if you can do it properly the first time. My pets come first though, not my dopamine hit. 🤷‍♀️
hope you are OK MCM, I am more than happy to offer snark at JMs appalling recipes but as a pet owner other things are too concerning. Plus we all have things to deal with

• Heart
Reactions: 34
If she loves all this food, why does she never make it? Maybe I'm a crazy maverick, but if I enjoy eating something, I cook it, and not just write about it.

We'd love another dog, but it just wouldn't be practical right now. The dog is 12 now, and doesn't need much by way of care and attention that a younger dog would. He's happy with various comfy cushions to dino nap on, his food, and the odd fuss (too much weirds him out 😂) I loved the dog we had in England, but it was so bloody hard trying to look after him on top of everything else when tit hit the fan. Whilst it was devastating to rehome him before we moved, seeing him on FB, living his best life, I'm so glad he got the chance to be number one with someone.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I got marinated porcini mushrooms, woohoo! Now to line them atop the radiators to dry them out, ready for a lovely new batch of cabal favourite - mushroom dust! Thanks, Slopbot 🎅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Posting again but I've got the bit between my teeth. JM is so the reverse of how you should cope on a budget. The best thing you can do is plan. I am simplifying here but putting all the things in your fridge that is nearly or perhaps expired into a "ribolitta" is what the likes of posh blokes like Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall do to avoid food waste, not a plan for those on a budget

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Slopbot's only gone and come up with the perfect Christmas menu for Jack - seafood for every course! (I meant to say it would be perfect if she ate a lot of fish, which of course she absolutely doesn't - don't want to open myself up to costly legal action here).

Screenshot_20211212-234815_Samsung Internet.jpg

I got marinated porcini mushrooms, woohoo! Now to line them atop the radiators to dry them out, ready for a lovely new batch of cabal favourite - mushroom dust! Thanks, Slopbot 🎅
Darling, don't forget to reserve one for grating (just be prepared for the disappointing yield).

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I don’t know if dear heart Silvery-L has to be up for work in the morn, but Mackie clearly doesn’t. Boy must know his own way to school by now. In the dark.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
😲
Either the Boris Toffee Apple hair comment is quite common, or someone has been reading other threads here.
A poster said that of him on the Secret Celeb Gossip thread last year 🧐
It’s as common as David Cameron looks like a sentient ham or Jacob Rees Mogg is a haunted Victorian coatrack

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.