Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 920369

That tells you all you need to know about Oirish Jack.

When I lived in Ireland, people found it quite funny that American tourists would always be looking for corned beef, as it's just not really eaten there. It's popular with Irish Americans, so it's one of those things that Americans mistakenly think of as Irish (like green milkshakes or "Happy St Patty's Day!").

Of course Jack, in her quest for "completed it, mate!" has no bleeping clue...
I'm Northern Irish and I hate corned beef

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
No shade on slopbot but what's happened to the smol robot guy?
He was all up in jack's niche when I first joined the cabal, I got the sense he was more than slightly smitten with our plucky heroine

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Just the thought of going around to Jack's for a meal has made me think, what are the guests coping strategies? Something like this.

"Were going to Jack's for dinner tonight" " No we can't get out of it, but I'll make us all a sandwich before we go. The portions will be tiny, just try and get a few forkfuls down. What shall we pick up on the way home, kebab or pizza? "

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Slopbot gave me a fetching tartan shopping trolley when what I really wanted was cold hard cash. 😕 I've left it with my agent, I'll pick it up in a couple of years.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
"Bread that tastes like Bonfire Night."

Surely that's just every loaf that comes out of her (what I am convinced to be, opinion m'lud) filthy oven.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
"Bread that tastes like Bonfire Night."

Surely that's just every loaf that comes out of her (what I am convinced to be, opinion m'lud) filthy oven.
Nah, even her bread is sloppy and slimy out of the slow cooker. I've lived to tell the tale!

Annoyingly, it smelled good. So betrayed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I would hope she wasn’t snapping away literally 10 seconds after introducing the new kitten to Cooper. It’s like she’s not telling the truth to overcompensate for the non-cuteness of how the kitten doesn’t look very settled.

Probs best not to take any photos of them meeting until they’re both comfortable with the new situation. Not great.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.