Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
7C1EFCB8-640B-4095-8E73-D644B9DA3E18.jpeg
A6B14452-6537-4AB1-A617-0A100E064DA8.jpeg

Is it bloody bright enough in that room?! Must be surrounded by pink curtains.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
297A6D8C-02FB-44BA-A9E8-DE268E36F680.jpeg
8A0EBF70-3CD3-4502-9F6E-EFCAF838C195.jpeg

I know she just hasn’t put the watch back an hour, it must have taken her 15 mins to think of terrible puns, which seem to be the only reason for that name.

'The runt'?
Oh no. Another really vulnerable little kitten 😢
Even if the kitten was the biggest and strongest she’d say it was the runt. It has to be smol and special like her to really hammer home the metaphor. So she gets to be mummy saviour on one hand for the ‘bootstrap’ fans yet also code herself as the plucky kitten for the enablers determined to infantalise her and not see that she’s actually done alright for herself.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
I got a hammock! I'm going full ungrateful smol pixie and pouting as I have no garden to hang it in.
Maybe we can do swopsies within the cabal? I will have to wait till I get off the train, as wifi is crap, and rarely loads images

• Haha
Reactions: 27
So she has the runt... Is this the one that they can't sell for money then? Breeding sickens me, as if there aren't shelters full of homeless pets already and greedy people still breed more.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
I hope Cooper doesn't get jealous of the new bebe. My oldest liked to sit on the younger ones and push them out of their baskets. They're fine now but I really hope Jack can keep a proper eye on the pair of them.
1418FD8D-722F-4346-B705-E53F28AB7854.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 42
If it is from SB's dad then God knows. He has a nasty little sideline in breeding litter after litter of Mainecoons.
(BTW all of this is very publicly and proudly broadcast on his SM, all advertised by Jack)
Definitely remember Jack making an arsey statement about only ever having had rescue animals. Sure she’d never get a kitten from a breeder much less a crappy BYB one. Unless she was... lying? No, that can’t be right 🤔

I know it’s kind of fashionable to call people narcissists right now but she reminds me so much of my narc mother it’s unreal. Right up to the getting new pets as a source of attention and ‘supply’.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
The kittens eyes are rather dull in closer inspection. They are supposed to be bright, shiny and clear. Has she gotten the kitten vetted to check for underlying health issues. With it being small and possibly interbred it could have a heart murmur. Also does she realise the cost of spays now, they are not cheap.

She better pay for its care herself or she shouldn't have taken it in. Part of owning a pet is knowing you can cover vet bills.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
This has all been a rinse and repeat in the Jack-a-verse. A squiggle even predicted it.

She said something wholly vile on Twitter.
Delete spree.
MH baiting.
Food list.
Deploy cat.
Act like the nation's sweetheart (when you're in fact; a bleep. I love facts).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
The kittens eyes are rather dull in closer inspection. They are supposed to be bright, shiny and clear. Has she gotten the kitten vetted to check for underlying health issues. With it being small and possibly interbred it could have a heart murmur. Also does she realise the cost of spays now, they are not cheap.

She better pay for its care herself or she shouldn't have taken it in. Part of owning a pet is knowing you can cover vet bills.
As brutal as it sounds, an ill kitten would garner sympathy for her. I hope that it’s well and that it thrives, because I don’t want to consider the alternative. She’ll go begging if she needs the vet bills covered.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
As brutal as it sounds, an ill kitten would garner sympathy for her. I hope that it’s well and that it thrives, because I don’t want to consider the alternative. She’ll go begging if she needs the vet bills covered.
Runts can be ok, but they do have a host of underlying issues and obviously not knowing it's background it may have been bottled fed. This means it didn't get it mother's milk to boosts in immune system

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Thanks Slopbot for my fake dangly plant, now to put it somewhere causing a fire hazard

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Runts can be ok, but they do have a host of underlying issues and obviously not knowing it's background it may have been bottled fed. This means it didn't get it mother's milk to boosts in immune system
True, and I know I’m being a tad over-optimistic. I just want the best so I’m sticking my head in the sand, tbh. I wish it wasn’t so.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.