Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even without all the other tit...

Just imagine getting your new pet home for the first time and spending the whole evening tweeting about coddle and Taytos.
Everything is a performance. It is so tedious. If you are having so much fun bonding with your kitten, you wouldn't be tweeting about anything, full stop.

I feel like we've covered this ground a thousand times, but we all remember the heady early days of Facebook and social media, when many of us were guilty of oversharing. That was 15 years ago! There was a huge turn in the tide about 10 years ago, when people started questioning whether posting pics of their kids on the potty or hilarious anecdotes about drunken escapades so publicly was a good idea. I have about 1 friend left on social media who still gleefully overshares, but everyone else I know just uses it to sell bikes, check out local events and follow their favourite musicians/artists/chefs.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
It was the kitten that brought me here and I am really struggling to see she has another. I can’t have pets because I RENT but my family have always had loads of animals and pets and I know what an important part of your life they are, but they take up your time and your money. I fear for the kitten. I know Dash much have gone to the special farm. They haven’t a clue - they aren’t just a fashion accessory for insta likes. They can’t stick with anything. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt but I can’t.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I'm sorry did you get a new kitten and keep it up til 2am posing it for internet points?

How is that going to settle her into a new household? She's got absolutely no idea whatsoever about animal behaviour or care it's actually painful to watch.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
Everything is a performance. It is so tedious. If you are having so much fun bonding with your kitten, you wouldn't be tweeting about anything, full stop.

I feel like we've covered this ground a thousand times, but we all remember the heady early days of Facebook and social media, when many of us were guilty of oversharing. That was 15 years ago! There was a huge turn in the tide about 10 years ago, when people started questioning whether posting pics of their kids on the potty or hilarious anecdotes about drunken escapades so publicly was a good idea. I have about 1 friend left on social media who still gleefully overshares, but everyone else I know just uses it to sell bikes, check out local events and follow their favourite musicians/artists/chefs.
The issue with Jack is that she's used oversharing as a basis for her 'career' (such as it is). And even now, she can't stop doing it, otherwise she'd very very quickly fall out of public consciousness, which obviously to her would be a fate worse than death.
In other news, my tender heart can't take much talk of the kitten. Of course she's the runt because Jack's never going to pay cold hard cash for it (even though it's a false economy because she'll have to shell out more in the long run on vet's fees). And her backstreet breeder babydaddy probably wouldn't be able to charge as much as he'd like for it.
And thank you so much for my Christmas pressie, Slopbot, you're an angel! With my new rowing machine, I'll soon be able to benchpress the Queen ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 46
My Slopmass gift was a Call4Fish delivery. Whilst I am grateful for any gift I lack the three freezers to store them in. Also, I have no idea how many months I need to keep them locked away in a frozen tomb before discarding.

Perhaps next year I should provide the puddle with an Amazon wish list, it seems to be all the rage for grifters this year.
As for that poor kitten, least said soonest mended. :mad:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
I can't remember who originally posted about her always having the big light on, but now it's been pointed out I can't unsee it. Proper makes my teeth itch. Especially posing with a poor wee anxious kitten at half 2 in the morning. Wee scone will be overwhelmed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
My Slopmass gift was a Call4Fish delivery. Whilst I am grateful for any gift I lack the three freezers to store them in. Also, I have no idea how many months I need to keep them locked away in a frozen tomb before discarding.

Perhaps next year I should provide the puddle with an Amazon wish list, it seems to be all the rage for grifters this year.
As for that poor kitten, least said soonest mended. :mad:
Santa must hate me, I didn't get anything. 😥😥😥😥

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
the thing is, she's incapable of looking after herself at the moment. To take on responsibility for anything else is foolhardy. AA and NA are pretty clear about what you need to be doing particularly in the first year of sobriety.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Thank you Father Slopbot....
Screenshot_20211213-102605_Brave.jpg

Hope it's full of tinned fish...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.