Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can we add things to the puddle? 🤔
I have found the perfect pressie for mackie 😇
View attachment 921387
I can already imagine the chain of events around her getting this gift.

A chain of 50 tweets about digital detoxes and how 2022 she’ll be offline more and engaging with life, touching grass etc. Lots of support from incredibly irrelevant minor blue tickers (but I repeat myself).

Two minutes later, howling and clawing at the thing because she’s got a notification and can’t read it. Heading to the hoarded garage to dig out the tool belt from the days of Butch Jack to find something to break it.

Then about five or six days later, a beaming column in the low traffic area of the Guardian website about how she’s beaten her phone addiction once and for all and is ever going back folks. Luckily, comments will not be open for people to point out she is still tweeting seven billion times a day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Just a reminder for any of you ninnies who signed up for the 2 months free subscription to Readly to see Titmas - it’s almost time to unsubscribe so you don’t get charged 😘

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Grunking from a few days and did new kitten/Irish mega mix/midnight smelly burnt bread all happen in the same evening?? It’s all so manic?? Not one of those things is getting proper attention and the tweeting surely gets the lions share. Jack of all trades, master of none in every thing she does sheesh.

Also I hope it’s ok I got a wee present from the puddle (I’m not a regular poster in these threads but I’m a regular lurker!) and it’s Call4Fish! Thou SHALLT have a fishie!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Thank you Father Slopmas for my Tiggy and Bo bag. It's perfect for me to put things in and is somehow different from other bags so costs more. Can't wait to take it to A+E on a sadfishing expedition.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Exactly, let new arrivals settle in before allowing them to meet the existing pets.

Jack knows nothing about pet ownership or doesn’t care and once again, this little new addition is just for likes.
Still grunking but you're spot on. We have four cats, initially we had two that are sisters from an unexpected litter a friend's cat had, then we inherited two from my mother in law who could honestly warrant a thread of her own and I wasn't having her take them to a shelter or abandon them. They were also sisters, tho around 11 years old at the time. We rehomed one with a friend because she was bullying her sister, always had and preferred to be alone and the old girl we kept got her own room with litter tray and food until she was comfortable coming out on her own. She now gets on with the two little uns, but it took a good month or two and there's still the odd fight (she gets on way better with my baby than my wife's) and then when we took on the useless ragdoll (I love him but he is) we repeated the process again. They all get on now for the most part and all have their own parts of the house/garden but it's a long process and Jack doesn't have a bleeping clue, just like with everything else she does.

That kitten looks petrified and Coopsy looks like he's ready to go for it.

Jack, you are a bleep of the highest order. Pet Jack is the worst Jack, at least Slop Jack only hurts whoever eats the stuff and reinforces stereotypes of whatever nationality she's decided on on that particular day.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I’m sorted now for all my festive activities thanks to Father Slopbot.

C2B09871-7A0A-4823-8A1E-6BA64AC51E5A.jpeg

As for the kitten, it’s all been said I think 🙁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Hang on just a second. Gin

@colouredlines provided the receipts on sobriety, and here's Jack saying she never drank gin
She never stops lying. Ever.
correct me if I am wrong, but I thought if you suffered from issues surrounding alcohol addiction then there are certain terms you referred to yourself as?

Such as “I am an alcoholic” or “an alcoholic in recovery” or “a recovering alcoholic”.

Not, “I was an alcoholic.”

Again, signs that she uses this term flippantly and without due care to those who are actually suffering with these issues.

❤

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.