Jack Monroe #227 Between major and priest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely this. Plus dead cat? Like Sophie the kitten :( I'm not a tory fan but I am a mum, let the new mum and dad enjoy their new baby Jack.

The induction thing is triggering :( Some babies sadly pass away during pregnancy and induction is the only way to help the mother give birth to her dead child. It is every bit as tragic and distressing as it sounds.
Also, me rail but my youngest child was diagnosed with a serious lung condition in utero with predicted survival 10%. I had to continue my pregnancy knowing I might lose her at any time. I had to be induced because the consultants wanted her to be intubated for the ventilator at birth. So I went through a long and traumatic labour after being induced, gave birth and could not hold or see my baby. She was intubated by a crash team and whisked away. Baby was in Nicu for months, had major surgeries, ventilator, ECMO, she was the sickest baby in the hospital at one point. It was the most stressful, worrying time of my life. Thanks to the NHS and the absolutely dedicated, kind staff, my baby survived. Not without complications and she is disabled but she is 3 now and wouldn't be here without the wonderful people who saved her. I had ptsd for over a year after it all happened. Couldn't sleep as had to check through the night is she breathing, are her SATS ok and that is despite having oxygen and SATS monitors. The worry is off the scale. You worry a lot as it is with healthy children but it's amplified when you have an ill child. I'm grateful every day for my precious wee one but I still get emotional on her birthday because I can never forget what she went through.

Jack takes motherhood for granted despite her son being a wee bit early in in Special care for a bit. In that one tweet, she dismisses the reality of what so many women and children go through. Pregnancy and birth is still very dangerous for mum and baby even with good medical care. Induction isn't a luxury, often it is a necessity and sometimes it can save a life.
What a treasure our NHS is, and all the best to your wee one. I hope all this chat hasn't been too distressing for you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Well I’ve been to work and I KNEW there had been chaos by the number of pages (I know it’s early but Dead Cat for next thread title!).

Im glad she’s done it. She can try and delete it but there are screenshots and of course it’s archived on here. This tit stops you getting jobs Jack when you start moaning about ‘your forever home’. twit.

Reactions: 45
We all called it lads.

She's only better when she's getting paid/needs to prove something.

She's only worse when she needs to wriggle out of something/dodge responsibilities.

Same old same old.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
If tinned fish can cure your mad head full of screaming puppies, couldn't, by that rationale, diet also cause your depression?
You reap what you sow.

Disclaimer: While I think a healthy, balanced diet is of course the cornerstone of good physical and mental health, I HATE the oversimplifcation of 'eating eggs made my hair fall out in clumps' and 'not enough anchoiade gave me palpitations'.

Reactions: 55
bleeping hell, Jack.
It’s obvious that she’d only just learned about this “dead cat” analogy and thought she was being so so clever giving it an airing. No doubt she expected all the blue tickers to be fawning over her wit and erudition. Trouble is, she’s thick as mince, extremely unpleasant, and clearly learned nothing from the David Cameron debacle.
It’s not that long ago that Carrie Johnson said how stressful she found her latest pregnancy, having previously suffered a miscarriage.
On the plus side: Jack is getting absolutely slaughtered on Twitter for this.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
did that tweet make anyone hum the tune of the 12 days of christmas?

16 weeks of rehab...9 qualified professionals.....4 gentle but firm doctors...3 therapists on speed dial...2 curious psychiatrists...and one Jack who's very cu-uu-uun-tyyyy

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
And re the squig commenting on mercury in fish: I guess Jack must not have got up to that bit in her Nutritional Therapy course yet. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 47
We all called it lads.

She's only better when she's getting paid/needs to prove something.

She's only worse when she needs to wriggle out of something/dodge responsibilities.

Same old same old.
Rinse and repeat

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.