Jack Monroe #226 “Sticky Brown Pooâ€

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been to Miami! While we were there me and my sister were approached by some party promo guy who was attempting to get us to go to some event with the promise that Donald Trump Jr was going to be there. We were like ...

If you ever find yourself in Miami, my advice is to hire a car and boost down to Key West, it's a really fun place!
If I ever find myself in Miami, I will hire a car, boost down to Key West, hide from the US government and forget that I lived in this country run by fools.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
She needs to submit accounts in full.
Omg so from this comment it sounds like there’s some joined up thinking from CH/HMRC, does this mean she won’t get away with this tit as much for the juicy year accounts that @Falkor flagged are actually due AT THE END OF THIS MONTH (not end of March as I thought?).

This is such a needless mess!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Omg so from this comment it sounds like there’s some joined up thinking from CH/HMRC, does this mean she won’t get away with this tit as much for the juicy year accounts that @Falkor flagged are actually due AT THE END OF THIS MONTH (not end of March as I thought?).

This is such a needless mess!
Yes!

I'll put it under a little hidey thing because this is boring tax chat.

Tax year ends in March and you are supposed to file a confirmation statement soon after. She seems to have managed that every year, but only just. Honestly, it takes maybe 5 minutes.

For a company out of its first year, annual accounts are then due nine months after the end of your company's last tax year (so tax year ends March 31, accounts due Dec 31).

The last accounts that Jack has filed are for up to March 31 2019, and were filed in June 2020. Those were due by December 31st 2019 (so she was 6 months late).

The accounts for up to March 31 2020, which were due by December 31 2020 are absent.

The accounts for up to March 31 2021 are due by December 31 this year.

So she's almost a year late in filing 2020's accounts.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Yes!

Tax year ends in March and you are supposed to file a confirmation statement soon after. She seems to have managed that every year, but only just. Honestly, it takes maybe 5 minutes.

For a company out of its first year, annual accounts are then due nine months after the end of your company's last tax year (so tax year ends March 31, accounts due Dec 31).

The last accounts that Jack has filed are for up to March 31 2019, and were filed in June 2020. Those were due by December 31st 2019 (so she was 6 months late).

The accounts for up to March 31 2020, which were due by December 31 2020 are absent.

The accounts for up to March 21 2021 are due by December 31 this year.

Thank you for this, what happens if you’re late on two years accounts at the same time?! Do they double the doubled fines?! Do the tax police get involved?! Do they send Paul Shamplina round for a welfare check?!

C4467B97-1363-4081-BF33-D9E3D766F969.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Yes!

The accounts for up to March 21 2021 are due by December 31 this year.

I feel that this needs putting on the wiki.

Perfect summary (although I have forgotten it as soon as I read it).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Christ love. What a mess. I don't envy her at all at the minute, not that I did..... Good luck

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Can’t wait for the DKL/five figure Hellman’s partnership/Linda McCartney financial year accounts to finally be published (so that someone else can interpret them for me because I have absolutely no idea what they mean). She definitely made an absolute packet that year, all the while claiming that she couldn’t afford rent or butter.

I’d love the Daily Mail to have ignored all of her “keep your noses out of my business, tabloids!” pleas for attention over her shot girl photos or the for sale sign chaos but then go in hard once the accounts emerge. “Six figure poverty activist in dairy long con”.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Thank you for this, what happens if you’re late on two years accounts at the same time?! Do they double the doubled fines?! Do the tax police get involved?! Do they send Paul Shamplina round for a welfare check?!

View attachment 912206
Omg Paul! Built like a large, in-bred bulldog.

Re: double failure to file, I'm not really 100% sure. There are things considered to be "reasonable excuses" like a partner dying, your house burning down, HMRC's website crashing etc. that can get you out of fines or notices to strike off. Your accountant being a charlatan and not filing them isn't a reasonable excuse if you're named as a director because it's your responsibility (pre-empting that "My accountant ran away with my money!!!!").

They are taking into account COVID in certain cases, but as with HMRC being the cross between an angry gorilla and an android, it's always a case of "pay your fine and we'll pay you back if we're wrong".

Her up-to-March-31-2021 accounts aren't due until the end of the month, but if those aren't filed, I assume a vortex opens in the system and she will simply be eaten.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Having seen her house, I'd hate to see the state of her accounts. I know she says she has an accountant but surely you have to pass them information, receipts, data that actually makes sense and is in order? The longer you leave it the worse it gets trying to sort it out too. I'm not a Maths person at all so finance stuff legit terrifies me.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Having seen her house, I'd hate to see the state of her accounts. I know she says she has an accountant but surely you have to pass them information, receipts, data that actually makes sense and is in order? The longer you leave it the worse it gets trying to sort it out too. I'm not a Maths person at all so finance stuff legit terrifies me.
My partner hate tax season he always manages to do it on time but it's always very last minute and a mad dash.

If she knows she got issues with finishing stuff as well as other issues, she needs to do a bit every time she gets an invoice and rather than printing off tattle or nosense pictures she would be better saving the expensive ink to print off her returns, invoices and etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Yes!

The accounts for up to March 31 2021 are due by December 31 this year.

She would have got a three-month extension on the ones for up to March 31 2020, everyone did due to Covid, so those weren't due until March 31 2021.

I assume she will get fined separately for each set of late accounts if the ones due on December 31st this year go over as well, but I suspect both sets may get filed together.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I'm looking over my tax return now before my accountant submits and even that makes me anxious, and I've got everything in order.

That big chunk of change in Jan is like a gut punch and I'm sensible. Can't imagine what it's like to ignore stuff like this. I would feel sick 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Crikey for someone who said she's scared of brown letters she likes to mess around with them.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Yeah you do - I’m not a finance person either but I used to have to log into a million different places to download months and months of bank statements & invoices for re occurring payments like web hosting or insurances or whatever & then you’ve got to track down ad hoc receipts like for a laptop or stamps and envelopes (and you then think why did I buy them on this card ffs the agro is never worth it) etc. We never claimed back for our WiFi or utility or phone bills which Jack does so hers will be even worse! Oh and she’s got an employee AND furlough AND whatever those loans/grants to company directors were called to consider 😳

2 years of going through bank statements line by line for a compulsive spender? Also remembering she puts anything through that company from AirPods to £200 plates from John Lewis. Lord have mercy on that accountant!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
She would have got a three-month extension on the ones for up to March 31 2020, everyone did due to Covid, so those weren't due until March 31 2021.

I assume she will get fined separately for each set of late accounts if the ones due on December 31st this year go over as well, but I suspect both sets may get filed together.
Oh yes, I'd entirely forgotten about the extension!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Crikey for someone who said she's scared of brown letters she likes to mess around with them.
A) as a PAYE person this kind of thing terrifies me.

B) every time HMRC have contacted me it is through a white envelope

#envelopetruther

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
If she had an accountant, surely her tax would be paid, else what's the point? more lies?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I feel that this needs putting on the wiki.

Perfect summary (although I have forgotten it as soon as I read it).
Just added it to the Wiki so the poor tax Frauen don't have to continuously explain this to us mere mortals. All I know about tax is that I'm self-employed, I file my self-assessment each year before the deadline in December and I pay my tax every year in January and July. It's not difficult, but quite apart from that, it's the law. If you believe in the welfare state, why would you NOT pay your taxes?

A) as a PAYE person this kind of thing terrifies me.

B) every time HMRC have contacted me it is through a white envelope

#envelopetruther
Dear heart, as a self-assessment Frau, my letters come in brown envelopes. What does it all mean? Am I Jack?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
If she had an accountant, surely her tax would be paid, else what's the point? more lies?
In our experience the accountant “just” instructs you, like they tell you to provide xyz, you do, they do a lot of work and their output will be a schedule of payments with details like deadline, account details, reference codes & they’ll file any statutory stuff for you (once you’ve paid the £20 or whatever it is).

Can you get accountants that’ll go into your bank and do the admin bits for you…? Would suspect you’d need a secondary accountant independent from the first to do that? Would they even want to take on that work as they’ve not run the numbers themselves? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Plus it feels excessive for what is like 10 minutes of (v stressful lol) work every month or so? As it always was - duck knows!

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.