Jack Monroe #226 “Sticky Brown Pooâ€

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg, 😂. The tweeting and retweeting of the desperately ill thing had to be for a work-shirking reason. She was off down the shops in her ghost of Jacob Marley Primarni boots but couldn't stop by the Post Office?
Essay deadline. We predicted it.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Companies House has just issued a first strike off notice.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Please remind me

A) what this is
B) what this means
C) what happens next if she does nothing
D) what happens next if she pays up
She hasn’t filed something/paid something on time
she will be fined
her company will be struck off and any monies in the company go to hmrc
she will still be fined

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I thought there had too, but it had been settled? is this another?

there's too much stuff to remember!
She has 2 months from a first notice to action something that'll stop the company being dissolved (which at this rate will be early Feb). Last time her strike off notice was discontinued because she filed her confirmation statement (it's literally the quickest thing to do omg) but that won't fly this time around. She needs to submit accounts in full.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I thought there had too, but it had been settled? is this another?

there's too much stuff to remember!
It might be tax lingo. What a terrible time for this to happen, though, just in the run-up to Christmas. If only she had done literally anything about it in the past year ☺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
The barmiest thing about this is that she might not even have a big tax bill. She literally just has to submit her accounts. My suspicion (opinion, m'lud) is that the accounts will perhaps show something contrary to the narrative put out to followers/social media etc. and they're a matter of public record...

Also, still can't get over 1978. (ETA: I know it's an HMRC typo, and Lord knows they're bloody useless, but it's just so amusing to me)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Late to the party but I flew to the US in economy with United Airlines in 2015, the same year as Jackie. I did not get an enormous snack box for sustenance; I got a cheese croissant and an ice cream (but I am 90% 100% vegetarian, whether very unwell or otherwise).

• Heart
Reactions: 31
If you fly economy plus with Virgin (FANCY) then you do get a pick of snacks that you can have throughout the journey. You are also just a curtain away from first.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
If you fly economy plus with Virgin (FANCY) then you do get a pick of snacks that you can have throughout the journey. You are also just a curtain away from first.
I remember the first time I flew to America and they fed us honestly about every 90 mins. I was so charmed by the fact they gave us tiny calzones to prepare us for landing (??). The charm wore off when I bit into mine and the tomato sauce inside was hotter than the surface of the sun, but that short lived dream was lovely.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
So Miami was 2015. Didn’t she say last year she hadn’t had a holiday in 7 years?

I obviously know that is bollocks (Lakes, the other Edinburgh trips etc) but this is then another barefaced lie.

Miami is a bucket list place (along with Yosemite, Seattle, Tokyo etc etc. None of these will likely happen, but we can wish can’t we?). She actually has no idea how privileged she is.

Here for the tax chaos.

edit- my dwight gif no longer exists. Who is removing dwight gifs?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Oh yes I did this years ago! The brands were all known in the UK though, pringles and lily o’briens. Those in the picture seems USA brands.
FWIW I think she was on an internal/domestic US flight like a Ryanair where you can buy a box of snacks.

ETA I am HERE for the tax chaos, how much of the assumed 30k/ 2% of a big mansion will that eat up?

Reactions: 27
She has 2 months from a first notice to action something that'll stop the company being dissolved (which at this rate will be early Feb). Last time her strike off notice was discontinued because she filed her confirmation statement (it's literally the quickest thing to do omg) but that won't fly this time around. She needs to submit accounts in full.
Yes, exactly this - sorry, didn't mean to post and run.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Miami is a bucket list place
I've been to Miami! While we were there me and my sister were approached by some party promo guy who was attempting to get us to go to some event with the promise that Donald Trump Jr was going to be there. We were like ...

If you ever find yourself in Miami, my advice is to hire a car and boost down to Key West, it's a really fun place!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I remember the first time I flew to America and they fed us honestly about every 90 mins. I was so charmed by the fact they gave us tiny calzones to prepare us for landing (??). The charm wore off when I bit into mine and the tomato sauce inside was hotter than the surface of the sun, but that short lived dream was lovely.
We were given Magnums. The entire plane settled down to watch their film of choice. It felt really nice.

surprised that Redcar Jack has absolutely nothing to say about this continuing political shitshow.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.