Jack Monroe #226 “Sticky Brown Pooâ€

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title from a @Marmalade Atkins post quoting the stellar marketing team of the Bristol Sport Foundation. Those lucky chaps cowered at the gravitas of ChefA Jack Munroe and have royally ballsed this launch up. Nommed by @HotesTilaire

Anyhoo, sticky brown poo.

After some investigating the recipe video was found and looks complicated and dangerous but Jack is engaged and looking well. If it hadn’t have been for this week’s light going off and on she would seem to be doing so much better.

wiki is the pink button for newbies. Pls keep thread title noms to the tail end of the thread and include ‘thread title’ or ‘thread suggestion’. No swearing in them please and thank…you.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
@saintclemmie

Buddy Oliver would have been perfect. A child cooking for his peers and doing it well.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Have we found out who is her character is in the film.

I was in a really big block buster once. Seriously!

I played the invisible woman....

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Fantastic thread title! I love it that a marketing Frau or Herr has unwittingly contributed. Praise beans.

The ED stuff is upsetting. And once again she's lying. If you have a SEVERE sore throat and fever, you don't eat much and would, for once, want soft texture aka slop. She's either lying about how ill she is, or about what she's eaten or both.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
When the children go to the sports hall/stadium to learn how to make Jacks pudding. Is this the video they will see? Is it aimed at children or family members who want them to eat dried fruit? I almost feel it deserves its own thread. Talking about blending and hiding flavours is reminiscent of her hiding vegetables in spaghetti sauce to fool SB. I wonder if she was given points to cover in the commentary, and then added her own stuff. I am not going to be able to let it go and I would really like to see a reaction video from the children.

Just bung it in a mug and stick it in the microwave.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
When the children go to the sports hall/stadium to learn how to make Jacks pudding. Is this the video they will see? Is it aimed at children or family members who want them to eat dried fruit? I almost feel it deserves its own thread. Talking about blending and hiding flavours is reminiscent of her hiding vegetables in spaghetti sauce to fool SB. I wonder if she was given points to cover in the commentary, and then added her own stuff. I am not going to be able to let it go and I would really like to see a reaction video from the children.
Won't they show the children making it. I feel sorry for the clean up crew, lots of puddings just abandoned when the kids see the end results.

Dried fruit is full of sugar. My old dentist told me to give my son raisins and stuff sparingly when he was little as they ruin your teeth as much as sweets.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I really don't think she has an ED. She's certainly not purging; there are lots of physical signs, and she displays none of them. Plus, people who binge for ED reasons tend not to advertise it - during my many, long years of bulimia, I would NEVER have boasted about how much I ate. I think it's a combination of:

* wanting to be the cool girl who's always eating loads of tit without gaining weight
* not eating her own recipes, so being indifferent to the portion sizes
* her weird obsession with wanting people to think she's ill
* attention seeking
* being a raging bleep

On a lighter note, let's not miss the fact that her "secret" to perfect pastry is...butter. In other words, one of the two main ingredients in standard pastry. Well done Jack.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 86
Won't they show the children making it. I feel sorry for the clean up crew, lots of puddings just abandoned when the kids see the end results.

Dried fruit is full of sugar. My old dentist told me to give my son raisins and stuff sparingly when he was little as they ruin your teeth as much as sweets.
If there is any video I think it will be like the GQ one where they kept cutting away and showing snippets. I think the main 'reveal' is to be the children making the puddings over the holidays and uploading the results.

Reactions: 22
Thanks for the new thread Silver and once again our thread title puts others to shame.

So she’s up, liking and tweeting about mince pies already.

If I hadn’t just watched S4 of Selling Sunset I would have thought it was 2020 again.

She is back exactly where she was a year ago- posting filtered pictures for likes, light flickering on and off, tweeting incredibly quickly about one thing as though it is about to be destroyed forever by an asteroid (trifle/mince pies/tanks), on Twitter all hours of the day and night, being ill because she works soooooo hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
If there is any video I think it will be like the GQ one where they kept cutting away and showing snippets. I think the main 'reveal' is to be the children making the puddings over the holidays and uploading the results.
I just hope it's not met with radio silence. 😳

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I really don't think she has an ED. She's certainly not purging; there are lots of physical signs, and she displays none of them. Plus, people who binge for ED reasons tend not to advertise it - during my many, long years of bulimia, I would NEVER have boasted about how much I ate. I think it's a combination of:

* wanting to be the cool girl who's always eating loads of tit without gaining weight
* attention seeking
* being a raging bleep

On a lighter note, let's not miss the fact that her "secret" to perfect pastry is...butter. In other words, one of the two main ingredients in standard pastry. Well done Jack.
I don’t either- I think she wants people to think she does. That is the point of all the little hints.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
I just hope it's not met with radio silence. 😳
I think its circulation will be that of the parents Whatsapp group, given how hard the clip has been to find. Jack herself seems more interested in making references to Netflix movies and tagging Gillian Anderson. There is still the video of her other leftover recipes to look forward to though :).

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I don’t either- I think she wants people to think she does. That is the point of all the little hints.
When I read that she is potentially attention seeking it upsets me. I have read and I know people who have suffered and almost died from eating disorders she needs help.

Everyone who apparently rallied around her when she was at her lowest ebb seems that have apparently LEFT. I wish someone would intervene before she goes to far.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Just to go back to previous thread for a mo, if you order food in £££££££, you wouldn’t waste time and create washing-up laying it out to take photos, whilst it gets cold

• Sad
Reactions: 29

* attention seeking
* being a raging bleep

Re pastry, she's also wrong (surprise!). Flaky pastry is flaky because it's short, I.e very little liquid, barely kneaded, well rested. I make AMAZING vegan pastry and it contains 0% butter, because I'm a 100% vegan. #maths

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Christmas Eve 2018. Yes. 2018.

Mince pie pancakes. This thread is going to go on F O R E V E R.

BC0B83EA-E5C4-43F6-8164-451F458B0D4A.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.