Jack Monroe #221 She is the antichrist of nourishment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something that I have just been picking up on recently are certain vibes. I was in a relationship with someone a lot older when I was younger from about 2002-2006 and when you have no confidence you just go along with the relationship and act and believe the relationship is right. Why would you break up with that person because they are sensible and older? But then being with them could involve some things that could make it difficult.
thinking back on something that was over 15 years ago and I had forgotten. I was18 and going out with a35 year old who was emotionally abusive. He was smart and used to throw water in my face. It was a horrible tactic thankfully I left him 13 years ago and I had blocked most of it out.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Love checking this thread it always feels like home. Came here to ask wtf that bowl of “food” is?!
Celestial plug hole hair and sautéed
woodlice is my guess, but i’m no chef 👉👈

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Just thinking about JMs recipes and the squiggle over-praise for things like the pigs in blankets Mac and Cheese (available at an Iceland near you!). Does she ever Google to see if her ideas are indeed unique? If they are unique chances are nobody else came up with it because it would be unpalatable?

Last year I came up with what I thought was a genius idea for Christmas dinner. Pigs in blankets mini toads in the hole. They were great and two sides in one. Have just checked Google to see if I had come up with something first, no!

Several offerings, here's one from Waitrose (mine looked better!)

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Dear heart @Marj24 Jack is unable to use google or “search” the internet and as tribute to their leader, neither do the squiggles. Under her eye.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Just thinking about JMs recipes and the squiggle over-praise for things like the pigs in blankets Mac and Cheese (available at an Iceland near you!). Does she ever Google to see if her ideas are indeed unique? If they are unique chances are nobody else came up with it because it would be unpalatable?

Last year I came up with what I thought was a genius idea for Christmas dinner. Pigs in blankets mini toads in the hole. They were great and two sides in one. Have just checked Google to see if I had come up with something first, no!

Several offerings, here's one from Waitrose (mine looked better!)

Jack lies by omission. I imagine she knows all too well that pretty much all of her 'recipes' have already been done, but she won't tell her squigs that. That way they will clap and cheer and tell her she's a genius, but anyone who is brave enough to point out that it's not an original will be met with an 'I NEVER SAID IT WAS!!!!'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
A food bank , not sure which one, stated they included a copy of JMs recipe for tuna and sweetcorn pasta with the simple ingredients which were a cans of tuna, mushroom soup, sweetcorn and dried pasta.

The recipe to me was overly complicated. She suggested heating the soup, adding water, cooking the pasta in the soup/water mix stirring regularly until the pasta was cooked and reducing until the soup had returned to a 'soupy' consistency. Then add the tuna and sweetcorn.

I'll make it far quicker and easier. Boil a lot of water, add pasta, cook to however long it says on the packet (10 mins?), then drain and set aside.

In same pan warm up mushroom soup, add sweetcorn, add back the cooked pasta and drained tuna, once all heated up, serve!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Something that I have just been picking up on recently are certain vibes. I was in a relationship with someone a lot older when I was younger from about 2002-2006 and when you have no confidence you just go along with the relationship and act and believe the relationship is right. Why would you break up with that person because they are sensible and older? But then being with them could involve some things that could make it difficult.
thinking back on something that was over 15 years ago and I had forgotten. I was18 and going out with a35 year old who was emotionally abusive. He was smart and used to throw water in my face. It was a horrible tactic thankfully I left him 13 years ago and I had blocked most of it out.
yikes - glad it was a long time ago and I hope those memories stay where they are supposed to be - in the past. I don’t think Allegra was necessarily controlling or even a bad person, but she had all the power and wealth in the relationship and when it ended Jack was adrift and probably in a worse headspace because of being exposed to all that privilege. On age gaps relationships, it’s not the gap but the stage someone is at. No 30 year old should be with a teenager, even 19, their brains are totally different in development. A 35 year old with someone in their 50s - they are both actually adults.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Just coming here to say “new pet incoming” - I had a cat called Cassie so she had just better not.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Due to tattle rules I can’t tweet my suggestions to Jack, so here they are

Cod Roe
Call4fish
Capers
Chaos
Completed it, mate

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
This is exactly what someone not addicted to social media would do.
Has Jack still not found the Google search engine?

It took me seconds to type in "girls names beging with c" and a mahoosive list came up.

As an aside, how gender normative of non binary Jack to want a girls name for a female cat. It's almost as if females can't have male gendered names such as, oh I don't know....Jack? Surely in Jack's world any name is suitable for a girl.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
For a minute there, I thought our favourite poverty fan fiction writer was writing a novel.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.