Jack Monroe #221 She is the antichrist of nourishment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe she is getting another pet. This has actually made me really sad to think about how little she cares for them

• Sad
Reactions: 34
The litter her backyard breeder baby daddy had will be ready now I guess then 🙁 Pretty sure he's who she got Cooper and the kitten from

• Sad
Reactions: 37
There's those two kittens named after Labour leaders (Harriet and Miliband?!) that had to be rehomed following one of her many disruptive house moves, at least one guinea pig that died in a gasleak (it may have been more), the poor kitten that lived the most cruel and sad life against vetinary advice before dying on her bathroom floor and I'm pretty sure there was an another rabbit before Dash?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
Due to tattle rules I can’t tweet my suggestions to Jack, so here they are

Cod Roe
Call4fish
Capers
Chaos
Completed it, mate
The name ‘Completed it, mate’ has had me 🦉🍾. Properly finished me off. Mainly because in my head I have that viral video of the guy with the dog called Fenton but imagining him shouting ‘Completed it, mate’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I really hope she is naming the soon to arrive brand new @russellhobbs kettle and not a new pet.

(Jokes aside, not sure how I feel about a new pet. On one hand, with anyone else, an animal can pull you out of the darkness, give you a focus, make you get up in the morning - if you are able to that is- it isn’t a good idea if you are too ill. But with Jack? She already has two pets who should be fulfilling that purpose. Another would surely put extra strain on her MH?)

But is it all a rouse?

Reactions: 29
Of course it’s one of the kittens that she was visiting the other week. How about Cabal, to always remind her of us.😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Have these blue tickers not got anything better to do on a Monday morning than dick about spouting girls names for an undisclosed reason?

I thought all blue tickers were too "busy doing a project" or "chillin with mates" to be responding to a z lister on Twitter.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
A food bank , not sure which one, stated they included a copy of JMs recipe for tuna and sweetcorn pasta with the simple ingredients which were a cans of tuna, mushroom soup, sweetcorn and dried pasta.

The recipe to me was overly complicated. She suggested heating the soup, adding water, cooking the pasta in the soup/water mix stirring regularly until the pasta was cooked and reducing until the soup had returned to a 'soupy' consistency. Then add the tuna and sweetcorn.

I'll make it far quicker and easier. Boil a lot of water, add pasta, cook to however long it says on the packet (10 mins?), then drain and set aside.

In same pan warm up mushroom soup, add sweetcorn, add back the cooked pasta and drained tuna, once all heated up, serve!
Got to confess I don’t trouble myself with her recipes or techniques after watching DKL, but surely to cook pasta properly the water needs to be at a rolling boil, but you never boil soup. It’s such basic cookery knowledge, or I should say, lack of.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
shall we look to the list for inspo?

20211115_110245.jpg

not great is it? Camp Kitchen Monroe? Christmas Condiment Monroe? Comic Filter Monroe?

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I’m just trying to enjoy my Monday morning having broken my addiction to these threads, when I see she’s trending at number 14 on Twitter. Here we go 😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.