Jack Monroe #221 She is the antichrist of nourishment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate food served in or on 'quirky' things. Especially mouldy old light fittings from goodness knows where 🤢

The dog has only one name (surname for vet visits), and my mum gets annoyed if I lengthen it from Fred to Frederick 😂 He did choose it himself though, after coming to her as a twice returned rescue pup who they assured her, 'knew his name' - he did not! She called out various things and got no response until she said Fred and his tail started going mad, so that was that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I already thought she was a cheeky wee troglodyte for daring to critique some gorgeous looking trifles while she was flashing about that bowl of dream-topping-capped sadness, but this grey asbestos nightmare is an abomination. The absolute gall of someone who makes food both hideous and tasteless sneering at the creations of chefs, food writers and home economists, all with more training, knowledge and passion than a narc like her could ever hope to achieve. The lack of self awareness is just…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Cover. Blown.
I mean Harry did tell us on the thread, gosh the giddy thread chaos is just ongoing today!

On topic, back in the 90s we made a “Yule log” in home economics it was a choc Swiss roll with some rubbish ganache type coating and icing on. I say ganache I think it was cocoa powder buttercream. My mum complained to the school “that’s not teaching cooking” they were like “it’s home economics it’s more budget friendly to buy it” then we had a conversation about what a “false economy” was

• Haha
Reactions: 35
It's three years ago since this trifle
View attachment 865725

What I want to know is what the actual duck is that bottom layer? It looks like tofu in vinegar.. defo not her Dad's Dogmatic Birds Trifle.
And on my closer inspection, that bowl/lampshade has a rusty rim 🤢
Could it be the original version of the fifteens/rocky road monstrosity?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I loved my cat, but we only used a surname when he went to the vets and I have NEVER heard of anyone giving a pet a middle name.

Sometimes she is really confusing.
Grunking so this will land late but my vet uses the cat’s full name to call you in, so it would be “Cooper Monroe, Room 3 please”. It always makes me chuckle.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
All 4 of my cats have/had the same middle name of Edward 😬😬😬 I don't like having things in common with Jack

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Grunking so this will land late but my vet uses the cat’s full name to call you in, so it would be “Cooper Monroe, Room 3 please”. It always makes me chuckle.
My vet sends post in the animals names. I love it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
My dog's middle name is Wilbur - he's a Staffy that snorts like a pig when he's excited, so it seemed appropriate. My cat Bob doesn't have a middle name but he does have a title - His Lordship Sir Bobert.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.