Jack Monroe #219 Why you sob? Russell Hobb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this has already been said but she could be going to an AA meeting? Even in Aberdeen, where there is a comparatively small amount of meetings in comparison to other large cities, there is one at 6pm on a Saturday.

Face to face meetings are on again and she might be chumming a fellow to a meeting in a different area, or maybe online? This is something I would give her the benefit of the doubt for, in the hope that she’s telling the truth and is around people who will tell her the truth whether she likes it or not!
I assumed that was what the meeting was, and I really hope she didn’t miss the meeting due to tweeting slop prune delight, or use puppybrain cooking inspiration as an excuse to “forget” meetings

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Afternoon ninnies. Let me take you back to a sublime comment from the trifle posts… ‘Good light’ 🤣🤣🤣

681B0BDB-B8F9-4EBB-B1C6-5B674E68E31C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
We are currently isolating as a family my eldest is bored and loves baking. I suggested making her cake from yesterday and showed him a picture.

He honestly said, " eww no mum that looks like slime and poop combined."
Slime + poop = SLOUP!!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Some of my friends are from Southend. One of their relatives used to date Jack (apparently she was a nightmare and an inconsistent liar - don't know any more details than that and I've never met or spoken to the relative myself)

Anyway, my boyfriend hates Jack with a passion and the most interested he's ever been in Tattle is when he went through these threads with me last night. He got me to help him navigate the 200+ you lot have written and patiently went through the Jackisms to get acquainted with the lingo. His personal favourite post was the ranked list of Jack's personalities lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
The trifle situation really showed how odd her tastebuds are. The enemy ones were made with lovely, fresh ingredients, combined with thought, taste, and consideration for aesthetic appeal. Hers was a Bird's packet mix trifle full of goodness knows what and tasting like chemicals from the vague memory of the one I once ate.

It's absolutely fine to have family traditions - a gracious food writer would've said 'They're all amazing, but in my family it's just not a celebration without our Bird's trifle' or something along those lines. Not be horrible and start fights on Twitter about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Afternoon ninnies. Let me take you back to a sublime comment from the trifle posts… ‘Good light’ 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 851773
I wish she would photoshop her food, i guess its good but not that good.

I might write to the maker of photo shop and suggest a filter for 50 shades of tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I know you all love eggs, so here we check the Times of India's recipe for Chettinad (South Indian) Egg Curry versus Jack Monroe's South Indian Inspired Egg Curry

First we have to wade through assurance that Jack's HOMETOWN is Southend on Sea, and she dines out many times in it. Presumably all the locals clap

She is at pains to point out that she's only BASING her recipe on the local Southend on Sea South Indian restaurant's recipe. Since their recipe is probably adapted for local English tastes, Jack keeping the "basenotes" without straying too far from that recipe takes the bus in a different direction from anything authentic, but that's okay because she's going to explain that!

You place eggs in already boiling water
The $£energy you lose there is returned to you when you again start the oil and spices and onion in the coldest pan possible. (I recommend placing the pan in the snow for a while for maximum benefit)

The Times of India recipe doesn't use onion, by the way, but another verbose blogger does (along with coconut milk like Jack and lots of exclamation marks)

Earnest Jack tells us x 10 that cultural appropriation may be bad, but too complex for now. Jack will write an essay on this another time because it's out of her usual jurisdiction of poverty and austerity, and proceeds to add a teaspoon of English mustard, along with jumbled instructions worthy of an Ikea assembly pamphlet, which will have you leaping about the kitchen so confusedly that I'd advise you to move your kettle first in case of breakages. Jack still calls it South Indian Inspired Egg Curry, but it's NOT! It's a trick! It's Southend on Sea South Indian Restaurant Basenotes Kept Similar Not Culturally Appropriated Egg Curry!!!!

Here are the recipes side by side

Jack's recipe features the line:

I try not to tinker with other cuisines too much if I can help it

🤔🤔🤔 I don't even have to add anything, do I?

• Haha
Reactions: 57
did anyone else squeal when Krish mate read the t and c on strictly last night ?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Grunking so not sure if already shared Trifle Defender was at a foodie Christmas fare yesterday and they were 💯 throwing shade with this Christmas tree decoration
31FC9C71-7600-46FF-B1BB-FBC878CDABFC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Can anyone remember which thread #triflegate took place?

I have vague memories and really want to read back and laugh at what a gobshite she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I wish she would photoshop her food, i guess its good but not that good.

I might write to the maker of photo shop and suggest a filter for 50 shades of tit.
The photo setting on Mom's foodie app has been specifically developed to photograph food at its best. You should try it, Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Can anyone remember which thread #triflegate took place?

I have vague memories and really want to read back and laugh at what a gobshite she is.
Thread 121...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Fahrenheit 106 was allegedly her temperature when she had Covid. The most Covidy Covid that anyone has ever had.

Whilst in the grip of the virus, she went to the chippy for a chippy tea and the paper shop to buy multiple copies of the Daily Express. Anyone new to this thread would think us mithering ninny bullies made this lot up. No, dear readers - the receipts are here in these threads.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Fahrenheit 106 was allegedly her temperature when she had Covid. The most Covidy Covid that anyone has ever had.

Whilst in the grip of the virus, she went to the chippy for a chippy tea and the paper shop to buy multiple copies of the Daily Express. Anyone new to this thread would think us mithering ninny bullies made this lot up. No, dear readers - the receipts are here in these threads.

I hate trifle. Its foul all of it.

I normally just eat icecream along with the children or a bit of chocolate cake. Christmas puddings are all not or me.

I usually just have starter and main course.

Someone should really tell her if your chocolate cake looks like a case of norvo virus then you should not judge others.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I hate trifle. Its foul all of it.

I normally just eat icecream along with the children or a bit of chocolate cake. Christmas puddings are all not or me.

I usually just have starter and main course.
I am not a fan of traditional trifle but this!
is fab

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Some of my friends are from Southend. One of their relatives used to date Jack (apparently she was a nightmare and an inconsistent liar - don't know any more details than that and I've never met or spoken to the relative myself)

Anyway, my boyfriend hates Jack with a passion and the most interested he's ever been in Tattle is when he went through these threads with me last night. He got me to help him navigate the 200+ you lot have written and patiently went through the Jackisms to get acquainted with the lingo. His personal favourite post was the ranked list of Jack's personalities lol
He’s a keeper ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.