Jack Monroe #219 Why you sob? Russell Hobb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lying in bed having a lazy Sunday morning (the best!) and showed Mr Barzie last nights chocolate prune delight, asking him “what’s that?” The look of abject horror on his face confirmed the cabal’s feelings as he muttered the words “Wtf is that? Shite wi’ sugar on top is real?”

(For context, as a child of Scotland, if you annoyed your parents with constantly asking what you were getting for dinner, shite with sugar on top was meant to shut you up!)
We were told air pie and a walk round

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Oooooh, @MooBelle how can you tell?
Jack had a tantrum about it. TD doesn't have a huge following but is very well respected by professionals. From what I can gather Jack tried to be get BFF but TD saw right through her.
When Jack started slagging off other people's trifles on Twitter by retweeting the pictures and putting nasty comments on them TD hit back. The majority of them weren't professional, just home cooks proud of their puddings and Jack just slagged them all off in a snobby way because she is a 'literal food expert'.
TD got her name because she defended trifles!
Jack got huffy when a Squiggle suggested TDs blog and said TD had blocked her ages ago.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Mommy has asked if she can 'borrow ' a recipe of TD's in a tweet just under this one.
Jack would be furious but she won't be able to see it as TD has blocked her.
She’ll soon find out when she grunks here. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Lying in bed having a lazy Sunday morning (the best!) and showed Mr Barzie last nights chocolate prune delight, asking him “what’s that?” The look of abject horror on his face confirmed the cabal’s feelings as he muttered the words “Wtf is that? Shite wi’ sugar on top is real?”

(For context, as a child of Scotland, if you annoyed your parents with constantly asking what you were getting for dinner, shite with sugar on top was meant to shut you up!)
My Leeds born grandma used to say it too 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
When jack was slating other people’s trifles is when I realised how truly awful she is as a person. I read her tweets in horror as she casually told everyone how their trifles were wrong and then had the bare faced cheek to make a packet of birds trifle and not even use the whole packet of dream topping (pretty sure she saved some for another dish!)

Ps. I’ve nothing against birds trifle
Pps. Unless jack makes it

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Trifle thread is still there - then just dozens of squiggles sending trifles.
What a self righteous prick who cannot cook.
Same energy. And it’s not way harsh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm on a delightful pre breakfast grunk. Someone probably beat me to it but this reminds me of when the baby's head is crowning
Yes, well one may defecate simultaneously so that all checks out (sorry to any mealtime readers)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
We are currently isolating as a family my eldest is bored and loves baking. I suggested making her cake from yesterday and showed him a picture.

He honestly said, " eww no mum that looks like slime and poop combined."

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I have only just noticed that Twitter has a search function under each individual account. TD was quite the fan back in the day.

ETA then again so was I! I was bordering on super fan 😬

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I thought that a traybake is very popular in Northern Ireland @Lanie ? Do you know?
So is a vegetable roll if I recall correctly and that was a sloppy but at the same time dry squib.
She makes my head spin

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The whole trifle saga was ridiculous. Most of the trifles Jack decided to criticise looked like works of art or they dared to be different by using variations on ingredients or toppings. She came off as such a snob and then brought out her crappy 70s vomit avec glitter plus cockatiel hairstyle. What a bleep!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
"Thank you ma'am, on behalf of a grateful nation" wasn't it? 😂
Yes - something like that.😂

I’m excited to see a sad looking leathery chicken sprayed with fry light again. Really says Christmas to me (not really 🤢)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.