Jack Monroe #219 Why you sob? Russell Hobb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, it isn't slop for once so kudos there. More of a sort of mash. Progress!

Genuinely quite like the idea of the vinegar if she's being honest about the origins.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She never seems to have a fridge full of things ready to be made does she? It’s always a scrap of this and a husk of that.
She also never seems to cook with fresh veg. It's always a solitary, manky withered leek/carrot/potato etc that she's found in the fridge and turned into dinner.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
I mean, it isn't slop for once so kudos there. More of a sort of mash. Progress!

Genuinely quite like the idea of the vinegar if she's being honest about the origins.
I kind of thought this too but the way she’s written the Greek characters on the label give away the fact that she’s nicked it straight off google translate rather than being the multilingual polymath she wants people to assume she is. And so even an apparently sincere idea gives me hateful feelings 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 41
You're always very pleased with whatever tit you serve up. I've never seen you not pleased.

Good grief.
That's it isn't it? I follow loads of chefs on Insta and not one of them is as self satisfied as she is with every single recipe. Most just present the food and a recipe summary. Not a smug "aren't I amazing" every single time.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Have no idea how big a grape vine is but surely that’s a big old garden? She forgets she was meant to have grown up in a one bed flat with the kitchen surface a bit of mdf over the bannister & her doing shifts in the local chip shop for the family to make their rent!
A cutting of a grapevine would take a long time to grow and mature enough to fruit, they also take work and knowledge

Reactions: 27
She never seems to have a fridge full of things ready to be made does she? It’s always a scrap of this and a husk of that.
But there was that one time she said she does a full inventory every Saturday. There was labels and everything. They didn’t make any sense but there was definitely labels.

I’m assuming this organisation lasted all of two minutes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I kind of thought this too but the way she’s written the Greek characters on the label give away the fact that she’s nicked it straight off google translate rather than being the multilingual polymath she wants people to assume she is. And so even an apparently sincere idea gives me hateful feelings 🤷🏻‍♀️
Exactly what I thought. My writing isn’t great, but that’s literally like a stencil of a font!

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.