Jack Monroe #219 Why you sob? Russell Hobb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh!!! Why is it all so totally horrible? Who eats like that? Who seriously thinks...lets mash up bacon and beans and anchovies and loads of other weird stuff. It's.... it's a joke, isn't it?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Er the best Protestant traybake is hands down 15s and anyone who says otherwise is a big spidey liar.
Ummm. Where has that thing that was meant to be 15s gone?

Was that real life?
Was that just a fantasy?
Caught in our screenshots, no escape from Jack’s catastrophes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Words that do not belong in a food description
Goop
Nosh
Smattering
Hoof
Scrabble
Twang

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
My Sunday night distraction rather than completing my Uni assignment is ‘can you actually taste anything in that dish or will it just be the POBP’. I’m sure a more knowledgeable Frau will be along soon but surely strong flavours like those shouldn’t go together?

Bacon? With anchovies? What’s wrong with a bacon and tomato sandwich in olive bread?!!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
My Sunday night distraction rather than completing my Uni assignment is ‘can you actually taste anything in that dish or will it just be the POBP’. I’m sure a more knowledgeable Frau will be along soon but surely strong flavours like those shouldn’t go together?

Bacon? With anchovies? What’s wrong with a bacon and tomato sandwich in olive bread?!!
I like a Caesar salad with snipped up anchovies and crunchy bacon bits but that’s more seasoning than substance.

Reactions: 26
I mean, it's solid. the ingredients are identifiable, yet it's still one of the worst things she's ever produced 🥴

and why do the words "homemade vinegar" fill me with dread?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Yeah yeah so wonderful that she 'noshed' it straight from the serving side plate, barely pausing for breath.

Almost passing out at its sheer deliciousness.

Keep yakkin' Monroe.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
I'm fairly sure (and was hoping) that the cursed fifteens she made the other day was actually a cursed version of rocky road - and if we go by yesterday's tweet to her ma - she's foisted it onto her

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Does she never just fancy whacking some oven chips and a frozen pizza in the oven? It’s a straightforward tea, offers flavour and texture and a couple of oven trays, plate and cutlery isn’t a massive amount of washing up to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I'm going to quietly assume that the 'quick-pickled beans' are not the ones that take four days

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.