Jack Monroe #219 Why you sob? Russell Hobb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to know who all these bum-lickers are who rhapsodise about her clearly revolting food. Do they have no eyes, no taste buds? Or are they just raving poshos being patronising to someone they see as a pet pov who needs a bit of encouragement? Would any of them be caught dead actually tasting her food (I suspect not)? It’s completely baffling when most of her food looks like actual tit.
(Although at least I don’t see Nigella commenting on any of this stuff - she may be a bit soft but she’s not stupid).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I want to know who all these bum-lickers are who rhapsodise about her clearly revolting food. Do they have no eyes, no taste buds? Or are they just raving poshos being patronising to someone they see as a pet pov who needs a bit of encouragement? Would any of them be caught dead actually tasting her food (I suspect not)? It’s completely baffling when most of her food looks like actual tit.
(Although at least I don’t see Nigella commenting on any of this stuff - she may be a bit soft but she’s not stupid).
I feel that they are raving poshos to be honest.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Screenshot_20211107-232113_Brave.jpg

Also, is 😌 the new 🥰 ? If so, 😤😡😠🤬

Screenshot courtesy Silver Linings

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
"keep your eyes peeled" always gets right up my 🐐 goat. The arrogance!!

Like... I'm sitting waiting, 👀...like a coiled spring, for dozens of "coming soons".

• Haha
Reactions: 39
She always says she’s just drifting off when she claims to have done something she’s not actually done and needs time to suss the lie out!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Have I… actually… just grunked all the way here? 🐟

Hello! long-ish time lurker and I must say this is the most interesting thread and very, very funny. As you were, praise beans! 🙏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Jack: “Food is my love language*”

*except when I refuse to make roast potatoes on CHRISTMAS DAY, instead serving grey carrots and sprouts from the slow cooker and SmartPrice Yorkshire puddings from the freezer.

Seriously, she needs to admit that food isn’t her love language, it’s a mechanism to control, manipulate and punish people around her. I don’t know how she’s come out of this huge stint in therapy with this commitment to self-care through food without a therapist actually questioning why a person with a clearly disordered relationship with food is clinging onto a career in it without any evident enthusiasm other than for the social media engagement that food in particular garners. Like, these therapists have just not done a good job, sorry.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
Jack: “Food is my love language*”

*except when I refuse to make roast potatoes on CHRISTMAS DAY, instead serving grey carrots and sprouts from the slow cooker and SmartPrice Yorkshire puddings from the freezer.

Seriously, she needs to admit that food isn’t her love language, it’s a mechanism to control, manipulate and punish people around her. I don’t know how she’s come out of this huge stint in therapy with this commitment to self-care through food without a therapist actually questioning why a person with a clearly disordered relationship with food is clinging onto a career in it without any evident enthusiasm other than for the social media engagement that food in particular garners. Like, these therapists have just not done a good job, sorry.
Food might be her 'love language' but she is a very very poor cook. She has no concept of even the basics in terms of technique or taste. I wouldn't trust her to cook an onion properly.
DKL and Matt Tebbutt had her measure. He saw/tasted the rubbish she served up first hand and no doubt had a say in her never being invited back.
How many times can she keep offering up old odds and ends she found in the fridge, serving them up greasily and calling it a recipe?

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.