Jack Monroe #213 Something for nothing is her USP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If it was the 1970s she would be the person who shouldn’t be in charge of the Christmas/holiday club money.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
No, bikini wearing dusty alcohol shots Jack is still afraid of those photos being given to the press, or she won’t let the press get their hands on them or something. Also Jack posts public pictures of herself all over social media so it remains filed under “who bleeping knows”
The truth for me is i dont think the press wants them?!

She publicly made a statement last week that under normal circumstances the press would be all over, as an avid news paper reader i have seen zilch reported. I find that odd shes a "celeb," in her own right and had relationships good and bad with various prints yet not a word said. Odd,?!

Reactions: 20
The truth for me is i dont think the press wants them?!

She publicly made a statement last week that under normal circumstances the press would be all over, as an avid news paper reader i have seen zilch reported. I find that odd shes a "celeb," in her own right and had relationships good and bad with various prints yet not a word said. Odd,?!
Oh I meant to say posts pics of herself in underwear all over social media!
Of course the press isn’t interested, what clout has Jack got? Stephen Bear is a one man content generator, the tabloids are featuring hot young things and eastenders not Fack and her mental elf ishoos. The broadsheets feature her when they need to and that’s trailed off.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Anyway it’s probably time to get the sprouts in the slow cooker in time for Christmas
Careful, if you use up your slow cooker with the sprouts, you won’t be able to hug it for warmth, or make bubble bath in it, or swamp soup!!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I'm actually reading The Woman who Fooled the World, about Belle Gibson at the moment - is it too much to hope that this might finally be Jack's downfall? People are way more savvy to this particular form of snake oil now.
Theres a doc on the iplayer about her
Was v interesting had never heard of her before

Reactions: 9
They signed up in Aug 2020, didn’t post til 5 March 21 and have not been back since. They also dropped a smiths reference and video 🤷🏼‍♀️
In my defence I had just recovered from covid around that time and I made upside down chicken with pears as all ingredients are the same. Looking back I’m wondering what was going on in my head!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I don't believe anything she says tbh. Not the selling of lightbulbs, not the starving child, and not any of the more sordid stuff (especially not that actually)

The hidden autism diagnosis is definitely absolute crap. Twenty or so years ago, it was difficult for a boy to be diagnosed with autism unless they were high on the spectrum. A friend who has a son now living in residential care couldn't get him diagnosed until he was 6. Moderate/low presenting boys will have been missed simply because we understand the spectrum more nowadays. Girls present differently with both that and ADHD too, and the diagnosis process even now relies heavily on the 'male' criteria, which makes it that much harder to even get to that point. It would have been basically impossible, with the understanding of the times, to have diagnosed a girl like Jack, with autism. She'd have had to be at the high end of the spectrum to even get a look in. And if that was the case, we'd never have heard of her. It's not a simple process even now, and certainly doesn't involve a casual chat with someone coming to your house!

• Heart
Reactions: 56
In my defence I had just recovered from covid around that time and I made upside down chicken with pears as all ingredients are the same. Looking back I’m wondering what was going on in my head!
You must have been in a fugue state! Everyone knows it’s mussels and pears

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I'm a man of about the same age as Jack and I was diagnosed with ADHD aged ~9 and Aspergers aged ~17, so that would have been in 1995 and 2003 respectively.

It's not *impossible*, but as has been said, the diagnosis of both those conditions in girls in a crapshoot at best.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

All the bleeping bullshit in this!!! Oh my days, another retelling of the poverty story for bonus points, completely different to other retellings. She apparently didn't want to be famous, that's why you held out for the famous gig rather than get a proper job to feed your kid?!

• Sad
Reactions: 35
I agree that she thinks normal jobs are too good for her. It’s not like she has childcare issues any more (or since SB started school), she has experience in cafes, bars and coffee shops: she will never be out of work if she wants to work.

Reactions: 34
It’s worth revisiting that tale...

Jack, using the pseudonym “Sam” describes... things don’t add up.

Two years after the Buzzfeed article she decides to mine the story again - putting her own name to it this time.

The dates don't make sense. Buzzfeed article in March '16 she was 27 turning 28, not in her early 30s. The buzzfeed refers to transgender most of her twenties, when in she's not even close to her 20s finishing.

Then we have this Guardian article from July '16 which refers to a referral to a gender clinic in approx 2013 or 2014, which led to her October '15 twitter announcement that "Yes, she's transgender". So maybe 2m5 years of gender identity discovery, not most of her still two years to go twenties

It's this type of thing that makes everything else hard to swallow. I'm talking about her food, obvs

I thought Jack threatened to unleash the sexy photos on the tabloids recently? Was it to get the money to get people fed? Have I just made that up? I definitely have a memory of a great wave of revulsion and horror rushing through me like the incoming tide at Southend but tbf that could have been any number of things she's done.
Are there 2 sets of sexy shots? I recall her twitter 'Flashback photo last year with saggy fishnets and a Cabaret vibe. I thought those were the sexy shots. The tabloids surely wouldn't care about those anyway? Young slim doe eyed white women dressed as Liza Minelli in Cabaret is hardly shocking(?)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Some random musings:

When was the police officer fiancée? During the fire service days or when SB was young? In one article screenshot in the receipts, it says that Jack had to rent cheap flats when she had a break up and could no longer live with that person at their home. This was the time when she was trying to earn a living with crafts, refusing to apply for benefits etc. Yet she gives the impression that she went straight from her executive flat with three showers to Rising Damp.

I'm sure that I saw something on documents, possibly to do with her father, that shows a Jonathon Hadjicostas (Grandfather H was simply John according to his obituary). Did SB ever have his father's surname name, I wonder?

Dad H has a picture of himself with Jack as his profile picture but she - interestingly - doesn't appear in any group photos that I could find, despite living close by. There's one of him with his two sons, a few of the two younger children with Mum and Dad H, and one of the two children at a younger age and a younger SB with what looks like two more grandchildren. Jack is never included, though I can maybe see why she isn't around when her elder brother is around 😉.

I wish I knew more about linking databases because I'd love to put together a great big timeline with every item linked to a screenshot of her tweet/interview/article/etc in the database to show up all the discrepancies. I'm sure that there's a psychology dissertation there about the creation and monetisation of false lives, and narcissisism.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
@Blurp totally agree, so much doesn’t add up and it’s frustrating that fiction is reported as fact. The biggest clues are the blog from the way back machine. Lots in the wiki, but so many sources. Maybe we should make a podcast.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I googled "Jack Monroe chickpea peaches curry" to find its origin.

I chuckled a little

First, Jack remembered a "chicken curry she used to have", so swapped chicken withchickpeas, and apricots with peaches. It's apricot chicken, minus apricots and chicken. You can use an onion if you want to spice it up!

Jack received those peaches in food bank box (repeat for all versions)

The tin of chickpeas is only sometimes in the food bank box with the tin of tomatoes. Sometimes Jack just had to use those three things together. Sometimes she just needed to sub in the peaches

Jackused to use a turkey drumstick to serve 4 (using posh words on Nigella's website) and also used a cheap turkey leg to serve 2 (her own website).

Jack uses dried chickpeas for Nigella's audience, and notes they're more expensive than buying a tin, which she uses on her bootstrap website

In addition, it's all part of Jack's Method, when established chefs and cookbook authors expressed surprise and delight

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

All the bleeping bullshit in this!!! Oh my days, another retelling of the poverty story for bonus points, completely different to other retellings. She apparently didn't want to be famous, that's why you held out for the famous gig rather than get a proper job to feed your kid?!
I have given up trying to timeline her lies in my mind. I had to pause Vera the other day because I lost track of the storyline (Mrs T makes us watch it to criticise the NE accents and location naming).

However, your article made me think of this when Jack says she doesn’t care about the money. In fact, this film surely is the source of almost as many gifs as The Office (US) to express our ~feels~ about her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
OMG! She held out for fame 😮 I’d somehow never seen it this way.
See, it’s this ☝ It just doesn’t make sense. If what you wanted to do was help people who are struggling, why not take the money for your ‘life story’ (and I can’t even imagine how many versions they’d be able to make with all the different timelines), make sure you and your son are secure, and then go on to help people. Make it make sense!

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.