Jack Monroe #213 Something for nothing is her USP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really sorry that it upset you. But that’s the thing about Jack - she seems to share these awful stories not to make something good out of it (to “raise awareness” or encourage women in similar situations to seek help without shame) but to shock and to self-publicise. I mean, her main income stream even now is speaking engagements in which she mines The Poverty. Such a narc move.

And, equally, I believe women when they say they’ve been raped. Which is why, like I said, it makes me feel so grubby pointing out all the inconsistencies.
The problem with Jack is she comes out with things no decent person would ever wish to question, but then peppers it with so much inconsistency that the person that looks just a little deeper can’t help but question.

Ultimately she’s made money out of these tales, and that’s the sickening part. You shouldn’t trade trauma for cash. You should only share to benefit others and encourage change. Not to profit.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I’m really sorry that it upset you. But that’s the thing about Jack - she seems to share these awful stories not to make something good out of it (to “raise awareness” or encourage women in similar situations to seek help without shame) but to shock and to self-publicise. I mean, her main income stream even now is speaking engagements in which she mines The Poverty. Such a narc move.

And, equally, I believe women when they say they’ve been raped. Which is why, like I said, it makes me feel so grubby pointing out all the inconsistencies.
Omg no I’m sorry as didn’t want to make you feel in the wrong for taking the time to compile #factual sources for us, it’s very much appreciated and is the life blood of the threads! Don’t apologise my love x

You’ve nailed it - it’s so triggering because it is JUST trauma and nothing else. The stuff she writes about is more at home in the judge’s closing statements of the Rose West trial than a magazine, it’s shocking it gets published.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
The problem with Jack is she comes out with things no decent person would ever wish to question, but then peppers it with so much inconsistency that the person that looks just a little deeper can’t help but question.
That’s exactly it, and I’m glad you took my post in the spirit it was intended.

You know what else? I want those stories to be untrue. I don’t want Jack to actually have suffered that much. The main reason I’m so keen for Jack to be a liar isn’t to score points, but because I don’t actually want it to be true, for her sake.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
That’s exactly it, and I’m glad you took my post in the spirit it was intended.

You know what else? I want those stories to be untrue. I don’t want Jack to actually have suffered that much. The main reason I’m so keen for Jack to be a liar isn’t to score points, but because I don’t actually want it to be true, for her sake.
Totally understand what you meant, I’d say a lot of us feel similarly. We would also never wish such deep trauma on anyone which is why I understand your latter point too. We don’t wish Jack any harm, we just want her to stop the grift. For her own sake.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
There's also the claim that they essentially kept her autism diagnosis from her and did nothing to get her appropriate support - as Jack said, it was just "shut away in the box of things we don't talk about in my family." That seems at odds with the approach expected of experienced foster carers who may have been looking after children with complex needs?

Her various tales don't cover them in glory at all. But as we've all observed many times, there seems to be so much resentment towards them on her part that it's impossible to know how much of it is bullshit.
I've always thought that such an odd statement. You can't hide that from a child. One of my sons is autistic and it has taken years of assements in school, at the clinic and at home to get the diagnosis. They are reluctant to effectively label a child for life when it could be something else or behaviours down to trauma. So there is a lot of back and forth, appointments and so on. A child would be aware of all this and have questions, rightly so. The school has to be made aware of the diagnosis and put measures in place. The paediatrician and psychologist communicate with the school, the parents and the child to some extent. There is no way you can hide a diagnosis from a child. Why does she has to lie about everything?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I thought jack's sex work was this bar job she apparently did in 6 inch heals and underwear - https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...dessicated-olive-and-grape.15760/post-3998578

Although I think the truth was she did one shift in spoons and put on some lippy, but that got sexed up into sex work.
No, bikini wearing dusty alcohol shots Jack is still afraid of those photos being given to the press, or she won’t let the press get their hands on them or something. Also Jack posts public pictures of herself all over social media so it remains filed under “who bleeping knows”

• Haha
The thing that gives Jack away to me is her sneering attitude to the things she claims to be or was.

From her own ramblings; she clearly thinks single mother's are nothing but scum, watching trashy TV, eating junk, and dragging up their kids. She thinks poor people are inept, unable to help themselves. She thinks transgender & NB status is a bleeping joke. She uses mental health issues for sympathy during temper tantrums and is duly soothed by all the fawning. She thinks sex workers are disgusting and shameful. She makes a mockery of the term 'hard-work', unless we're talking about her personality.

All in all, it's like her version of propaganda against the working class poors, spreading her rhetoric of how she ain't like the others, she pulled herself up by her bootstraps, yadda yadda ya. She's a scam artist. An imploding one at that.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
I thought Jack threatened to unleash the sexy photos on the tabloids recently? Was it to get the money to get people fed? Have I just made that up? I definitely have a memory of a great wave of revulsion and horror rushing through me like the incoming tide at Southend but tbf that could have been any number of things she's done.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I'm a few pages behind so not sure if this been mentioned, or also if I shouldn't mention this please delelete lovely Poca - but i also found SBs dad out of curiosity and he has twitter too - there's a tweet he posted saying about a mother changing his child's name without him knowing with a hashtag selfish people or something similar - wonder if this was SBs surname being changed to Monroe? Remember his surname was suggested as being odd being that when she posted his school project on twitter?
Aye it’s been mithered about.

I’m watching Maid on Netflix and it’s making me angry about Jack.

Reactions: 20
I thought Jack threatened to unleash the sexy photos on the tabloids recently? Was it to get the money to get people fed? Have I just made that up? I definitely have a memory of a great wave of revulsion and horror rushing through me like the incoming tide at Southend but tbf that could have been any number of things she's done.
No you haven't made it up. It was ? around Roadside Mum time IRIC. x

Reactions: 15
I don't think we owe too much grubby-feeling or guilt at calling out someone for potentially lying when she would lie about the time of day. And I don't think anyone who doesn't believe the rape story should feel bad about it, when she has literally lied about her entire life story, every hour of every day since she first had a newspaper article written about her.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
Omg no I’m sorry as didn’t want to make you feel in the wrong for taking the time to compile #factual sources for us, it’s very much appreciated and is the life blood of the threads! Don’t apologise my love x

You’ve nailed it - it’s so triggering because it is JUST trauma and nothing else. The stuff she writes about is more at home in the judge’s closing statements of the Rose West trial than a magazine, it’s shocking it gets published.
And the other astonishing thing is the process it has to go through to get published. It goes through a journalist and a sub-ed and whoever all else signs off on it (assuming not a fact checker) and it gets published and no-one stops to say, er hang on a minute...
And no-one steps in to say, hey Jack, this stuff's a bit much, are you sure this is what you want to have floating around the public domain? It's one thing to think that tweet and delete is a safety net, but newspapers are around for ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I've always thought that such an odd statement. You can't hide that from a child. One of my sons is autistic and it has taken years of assements in school, at the clinic and at home to get the diagnosis.
My kids are autistic too. Why would parents go to the trouble of getting their child assessed for autism (Jack has described having someone assess her at home IIRC) and then be so appalled by the result they sweep it all under the carpet, never to be spoken of again?

They wouldn’t.

I see enough parents, online, so afraid of their kids being “labelled” they simply never allow their child to have an autism assessment. If you’re so against your child being diagnosed, you wouldn’t let them be assessed. That’s how it goes.

Reactions: 39
Many of these revelations are in paid articles. That’s where the issue for me lies. Her poor son.
Yes, I feel like that makes it even worse. Whether these stories are true or not they are out there, and her son will see them eventually if he hasn't already. I know I would definitely be Googling my parents if either of them were known figures just out of nosiness (they're not but now I kind of want to just in case they're serial killers or something and I never knew 😂) .

Personally I do not believe the sex work stories because they're incredibly inconsistent, and she has REALLY dialled that side of her poverty memoirs down in recent times iirc. It seems like one of the many many things she's said once or twice to shock and make a Big Point about poverty, and then never really gone into again now that she's more of a wholesome figure.

With the proviso that I'm going from memory and my own interpretation, I think the sex worker period has never been fully explained, only alluded to.

However, the timing of it being alluded to is around the timing of the references Jack made to working as a 'shot girl' or in revealing clothing as bar staff. So the two have become strangely crossed wires in my brain where it makes me wonder whether Jack thinks that wearing skimpy outfits in a bar for the titillation of others (primarily the male gaze) and receiving payment and/or tips for thus doing falls under the banner of sex work, or if it is all just your standard classic Monroe obfuscation for which we need the most useful .jpg known to humanity.
🎵🎵 You may be right, (I may be crazy) 🎵🎵

Spoiler: I think you’re right.

Reactions: 16
I know I would definitely be Googling my parents if either of them were known figures just out of nosiness (they're not but now I kind of want to just in case they're serial killers or something and I never knew 😂) .
Quoting myself to say I just remembered, my mum shares a name with someone who was in the news once in our city briefly for a very small thing, and we woke up one day to SHITLOADS of paparazzi and journalists outside our house and all down the street because they thought it was her and she was just coming home from stacking shelves in Tesco overnight and had nothing to do with it 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Why would parents go to the trouble of getting their child assessed for autism (Jack has described having someone assess her at home IIRC) and then be so appalled by the result they sweep it all under the carpet, never to be spoken of again?
This is same person who was classed as 'gifted' by duck knows who, yet only managed 4 and a half GCSE's.

I really think she doesn't even know her own truth anymore, it's lie after lie after lie. So tangled up in her own victim complex she's forgotten what is real anymore. Just reset-repeat-rinse those beans.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.