Jack Monroe #213 Something for nothing is her USP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title by @Captainmouse nom by @Boyo

Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a suggestion as it’s easier to search. Also, please hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.
New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki (pink button).

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I really struggled toward the end of the last thread. I dreamed about an ex-friend last night who has similar looks and almost the same size ego and capacity for BS. Ugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Who wants to even attempt a recap after the past week's fuckery? 🤣
Jack was, once again, a triggery twit who upset some of our lovely cabal members. Special shout out to the AA and MH crew in particular. Hope they feel safe enough to venture back soon ♥

Also, selfies. So many selfies.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
In our last thread...
-Jack was having a tough time after mining her own personal trauma at conference. After writing a thread which got over 2m impressions she decided to mine her current trauma for material over the next few days on twitter.
-Twitter Jack is in the depths of despair but Insta Jack is having fun bothering small baby cats.
-Jack carried out yet another “then and now” exercise, in order to illustrate how she had got the light back in her eyes this time she posed sulking in black wearing a hat, compared to wearing a colourful shirt, smiling with hair and make up. The cabal suspects both pics were taken on the same day.
-In an effort to make a timeline of how many times Jack has declared she has magically emerged from the worst most awful of anything, the Fraus happened upon A LOT of public thirst trap selfies.
-Worryingly, Jack has declared sobriety a number of times during the time she has said she wasn’t sober. Fellowship Fraus are becoming triggered by the oversharing and inconsistency, as they value the Fellowship.
-Did you know Jack has a part time job? She won’t say what it is and we don’t care.
-Send the Patreons their postcards, file your accounts and pay your taxes Monroe.

• Heart
Reactions: 104
That's a LOW PAID part-time job Hotes! Our Jack would not take highly paid work. Apart from Sainsbo, Hellmans, DKL, Del Monte. Or are they classed as low paid too?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
That's a LOW PAID part-time job Hotes! Our Jack would not take highly paid work. Apart from Sainsbo, Hellmans, DKL, Del Monte. Or are they classed as low paid too?
I think she confuses low paid with low recognition. These jobs didnt really get her the fawning or adoration she thinks she due.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
This is from Maid. It's basically how Jack should have described her upbringing, rather than all the pretence. There's no shame in being middle class, and growing up actually poor isn't something most of us celebrate.

Screenshot_20211014-124248_Libby.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Who wants to even attempt a recap after the past week's fuckery? 🤣
Hotes has done a fine job

The only thing I could think of was this gif:

Which I know made an appearance during the highly chaotic Comrade Corbyn thread when time and posts got sloppy and now whenever I think of our threads I see this and my own heart eyes

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
This is from Maid. It's basically how Jack should have described her upbringing, rather than all the pretence. There's no shame in being middle class, and growing up actually poor isn't something most of us celebrate.

View attachment 809816
That would, largely, be my experience of a working class upbringing, we had periods when money was tight and we couldn't always afford to replace cookers and things, but all of our basic needs were met. Whereas Jack's upbringing seems much more inkeeping with proper middle class. Her family could afford to send her to ballet lessons, they could afford big fancy cars, they could afford big fancy watches and they owned hotels and houses etc... Also, they could afford a house big enough to house two extra children permanently.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
The growing up in poverty thing was only a later addition wasnt it? To embellish the ‘POV’ as it was a temporary blip.

Prince Lumpys parents worked on and off in poorly paid jobs. His dad would frequently be laid off in the 80s and he talks about cheap food and not being able to afford things.

Jacks dad had a regular income and then chose to bring more children into that. Doesn’t sound like poverty to me at all. In fact I’m getting more offended by it. Cos playing poverty to make money is so very low.
I have friends who work with some of the poorest people in the country (NE) and the poster girl for poverty is someone from the south coast who didn’t get a pony.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 75
That would, largely, be my experience of a working class upbringing, we had periods when money was tight and we couldn't always afford to replace cookers and things, but all of our basic needs were met. Whereas Jack's upbringing seems much more inkeeping with proper middle class. Her family could afford to send her to ballet lessons, they could afford big fancy cars, they could afford big fancy watches and they owned hotels and houses etc... Also, they could afford a house big enough to house two extra children permanently.
This! She's solidly middle class. Jack had access to a lot of things genuinely working class families wouldn't. Ballet lessons? More than one property? I mean that's the stuff working class people dream of.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
That would, largely, be my experience of a working class upbringing, we had periods when money was tight and we couldn't always afford to replace cookers and things, but all of our basic needs were met.
Pretty similar here. Couldn't always afford to run a car or pay for new appliances, but never any issues with food or housing, and we always got decent Christmas and Birthday presents.

I'd consider myself now to be solidly middle class. I'm also not great with money, but housing, council tax, debts, utilities and food will always get paid (mostly in that order). If the rest is spent on video games, alcohol and gambling, meh.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
thread title's got me singing that "i turned nothing into something" song from the hellmans ad! how perfectly apt

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Totally off topic but as I was reading the replies to my comment my partner needed me for something so I shouted I'M BUSY, reader, he did not get the joke 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.