Jack Monroe #213 Something for nothing is her USP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am sure broadcasting your house is empty will give the insurance company a get out.
Yup. Same as putting a countdown on your holiday like doing a post saying 'can't wait, we fly out two weeks today' etc.
Also, tagging yourself at a certain location repeatedly in a pattern, like your work or church.

Reactions: 23
What the hell is a "sentient meat-sack" as she mentions in her Twitter bio? Wouldn't egg sack be more appropriate? #90%vegan
It's a disgusting phrase isn't it? Why refer to yourself like that. I'd have more respect if she actually put grifter in her profile as at least it's honest.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
@Miss Anne Thrope How did she pronounce envelop? 😬 Is it going to make me cringe like when she called us a cable not a cabal?
I always thought it was one of us that autocorrcted cabal to cable. Didn’t realise it came from Jack!

Correct me if I'm wrong, don't most estate agents require you to prove you have contents insurance? everywhere I've ever RENTED has made me provide a policy number when handing over the keys. I remember desperately calling up Churchill in the car outside the office on moving day after I'd forgotten. I guess she could have let it lapse and not renew, but to claim she's never had it cos poor is ridiculous.
I’ve used a few different letting agents and never had to prove I have contents insurance. I do have it though because as others have said if you don’t have loads of money you want to protect your stuff! Just contents is so much more cheaper than contents and buildings too, Jack has no excuse not to have it.
I’m sure I’ve heard you need insurance for a mortgage though?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Her wording of "People who have been poor" really bugs me
It's not that she doesn't have insurance because she's currently poor, it's because she was previously poor. Somehow being poor a decade ago means that she can't organise herself to get content insurance

Also, is contents insurance a luxury? You can certainly live without it but for someone who gets £1k+ a month through Patreon (if she still does?), surely she can pay for it to protect all of her actual luxuries (bikes, stoves, Smeg fridges etc)

Reactions: 46
Man it’s all bollocks, again. No way is a national tv presenter, author blah blah blah … struggling to pay for home insurance. It’s like what, according to Google, on average a little over a tenner a month. She’s either totally irresponsible or is just after some fresh donations.

The lack of insurance also points towards how naive and unprepared someone could be in even wanting the so-called utopia that is owning a home. The big thing she goes on and on about. It betrays the child like assumption that one buys a house and everything must therefore be amazing - of course, if she did have a home then insurance would be imperative, the expense of which factored in. If she can’t afford insurance now, after 10 years of opportunity (and the apparent need to seek anonymity in the Lake District from time to time) then she’s either lying or is stupendously bad with money. .
This is an excellent point. She seems to be under the impression that once she becomes a homeowner, she'll have financial security and won't ever have to worry about paying for things again. Possibly an assumption born from the privilege of having a property empire to inherit. But as anyone with a mortgage knows, that's far from the truth.

Can you imagine her being faced with repairs she has to stump up for herself? She'd just stamp her feet and whine about how unfair it is that she can't just ring the landlord to sort it. And if she doesn't pay her mortgage for six months like her rent and expects the bank to be as understanding as her landlady...well, kiss the forever hydrangea goodbye, lol.

Reactions: 38
She popped through the windows for cables so I’d be surprised if it even had a door left on it! 😳
Hard agree. The state of that door in the DM pics, any amount of wild animals including rats, mice and foxes (who can and do chew wood) could get in and wreak havoc on her tacky shite. Then there's the inevitable damp. I wonder if the shed was already in disrepair when Jack moved in or if its condition is due to Jack's laziness.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Can you imagine her being faced with repairs she has to stump up for herself
We’ve seen her reaction to the unexpected, namely at the beginning of the pandemic. She stamped her feet, pleaded victimhood and as good as demanded that her followers (who were all in the same boat) make up the difference. See no evidence that the tactic would be any different in the event of a house issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
You can certainly live without it but for someone who gets £1k+ a month through Patreon (if she still does?)
Last month someone made the v valid point that £6 could be too high an assumption (can’t remember ur @ sorry but thank you ❤) and agree that putting an assumption into our model could indeed be mithering about duck all. So just using #facts alone, assuming 100% of her subscribers are on the very lowest tier of £3.50 & she’s being charged the very highest platform fee of 12% she’d have received £804 last month end.

But she has tiers priced at £3.50, 7, 10, 12, 24, and 44 so the reality is it’ll be higher than £804. Plus I would imagine the platform fee to be lower in reality just sadly Patreon don’t have any documentation on this?!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
And she also seemed to enter a new iphone contract which I would find too fancy for me and I wouldn't call myself poor.

Seriously, does she ever feel embarrassed?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Her wording of "People who have been poor" really bugs me
It's not that she doesn't have insurance because she's currently poor, it's because she was previously poor. Somehow being poor a decade ago means that she can't organise herself to get content insurance

Also, is contents insurance a luxury? You can certainly live without it but for someone who gets £1k+ a month through Patreon (if she still does?), surely she can pay for it to protect all of her actual luxuries (bikes, stoves, Smeg fridges etc)
FFS I grew up “middle class with no spare cash” and even though I’m in an ok financial position now and have bought a laptop, phone, have a pet (insured!) etc I still clip my bag zippers together as a deterrent to pick pockets as although there’s never much cash having to replace my cards, licence, and buy another monthly travel card would be a ball ache and in the case of the latter a further couple hundred quid I cannot afford

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Also, weren’t there some fairly horrific goings on in her home town lately? Bit tasteless to take to insta first thing Monday to moan about some bikes being pinched and how crappy her luck is
It's probably what triggered her to write her nonsense. Me-me-me-Monroe strikes again.

As other Fraus have said, with her family in the property game, she def would have had insurance. It's just more stupid lies and playing victim from our plucky hero.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Do we think she is using insta because maybe her family aren't on there to see all her lies. Whereas Mum and SB dad are definitely on Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
And she also seemed to enter a new iphone contract which I would find too fancy for me and I wouldn't call myself poor.

Seriously, does she ever feel embarrassed?!?
+ surely with a penchant for Apple she’d buy Apple care for her devices? It’s insanity not to, especially for MacBooks / iMacs where even the basic repairs are £800+!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.