Jack Monroe #213 Something for nothing is her USP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
+ surely with a penchant for Apple she’d buy Apple care for her devices? It’s insanity not to, especially for MacBooks / iMacs where even the basic repairs are £800+!
Just replacing a broken phone screen is a couple of hundred, God bless insurance with my clumsy arse!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I just don’t understand the thought process Jack’s allegedly gone through to arrive at the conclusion to not insure her valuables? When I was a student, even though it was a not insignificant amount of my monthly income from part time work, I got insurance because I couldn’t afford to replace items in a oner if they were stolen. Now I’m earning well, it’s just as important to me to have comprehensive insurance in place because really who wants to pay out for everything in the unfortunate event that you get burgled? Then again I’m very risk averse and in my house if any potential risk can be mitigated then it is 🤣

I think the only thing I’m forgetting in the above rant is that we can’t apply logic in the Jackiverse, which is frustrating as this situation (should it exist) could have been avoided

Just replacing a broken phone screen is a couple of hundred, God bless insurance with my clumsy arse!
Clumsy Mediterranean arse? Or just regular? Wondering if I need to adjust my insurance!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Clumsy Mediterranean arse? Or just regular? Wondering if I need to adjust my insurance!
Regular I'm afraid.

A few years back I went to get my phone screen repaired in the Apple store, after they handed it back to me I thought I had put it into my hoodie pocket. Nope. Stood up and it fell off my lap and cracked again, right there in the store. After much laughter the lad sorted it again, and fudged the paperwork to hide my clumsy shame.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Regular I'm afraid.

A few years back I went to get my phone screen repaired in the Apple store, after they handed it back to me I thought I had put it into my hoodie pocket. Nope. Stood up and it fell off my lap and cracked again, right there in the store. After much laughter the lad sorted it again, and fudged the paperwork to hide my clumsy shame.
Nooo! Thank god he sorted it for you.

With as many phones as Jack has I imagine the insurance cost would be mega £££

• Haha
Reactions: 29
"People who have been poor aren't in the habit of having luxuries like insurance."

That sentence doesn't make sense. Most people have had periods of poverty somewhere along the line. When they are poor they have few possessions so insurance doesn't seem worth it. However when you finally manage to get a job, become more financially solvent and start to buy possessions, surely you want to ensure they are protected. I live in a rented housing association studio flat, and I have insurance, I pay monthly and it is just a few pounds.

Insurance is not expensive when you have had a six figure sum for just one of many contracts you have had in a single year. It is certainly less per annum than a single trip on a sleeper train to Edinburgh, or a Smeg fridge freezer, or an aparthotel in Shoreditch, or....you get my drift.

This is just another attempt at begging to pay off the tax bill she has no money left for. It is obvious she spends the whole lot when she gets paid, without putting any aside for her commitments. Without doubt Jack was banking on Louisa and her comfortable income to help with the tax bill when it needed to be paid.
She makes me so cross! You do not get to speak for all people who have been poor. I have been poor and I’m not far off it now - I RENT! And I can assure you that contents insurance is top of my list as I wouldn’t be able to replace everything I own in a hurry. I don’t have a tip jar or public facing PayPal that I’m ready to dish out at a moments notice tho! Call me cynical but seems funny that this might be happening right before Christmas or right before she may or may not have a tax fine to pay!
I rent a 2 bed bungalow. My insurance is *just checks* £8.87 a month. A couple of patreons. Sorry I have no sympathy for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I just don’t understand the thought process Jack’s allegedly gone through to arrive at the conclusion to not insure her valuables? When I was a student, even though it was a not insignificant amount of my monthly income from part time work, I got insurance because I couldn’t afford to replace items in a oner if they were stolen. Now I’m earning well, it’s just as important to me to have comprehensive insurance in place because really who wants to pay out for everything in the unfortunate event that you get burgled? Then again I’m very risk averse and in my house if any potential risk can be mitigated then it is 🤣

I think the only thing I’m forgetting in the above rant is that we can’t apply logic in the Jackiverse, which is frustrating as this situation (should it exist) could have been avoided

I don’t think there was a thought process, it just didn’t occur to her. If she’d come clean and admitted she’d been an idiot for forgetting or not realising home insurance was necessary then I’d have some sympathy. However blaming the poverty for her seeing insurance as a luxury is just immature deflection.

“You can’t be mean to me, I’ve been traumatised by the poverty and therefore can’t buy insurance.” Can you imagine getting into a car prang and going to swap details with the other driver, only to have them trot something like this out?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Grow the duck up, Jack. She's a grown woman responsible for a child. She's got a big house absolutely packed to the gills with her tat. Lots of pricey tit as well, tit I wouldn't be buying in a million years as I 'used to be poor' and am careful with spending. Its just ridiculous. Why don't you just post the PayPal link like you used to and be done with it? All this beating around the bush.

• Heart
She makes me so cross! You do not get to speak for all people who have been poor. I have been poor and I’m not far off it now - I RENT! And I can assure you that contents insurance is top of my list as I wouldn’t be able to replace everything I own in a hurry. I don’t have a tip jar or public facing PayPal that I’m ready to dish out at a moments notice tho! Call me cynical but seems funny that this might be happening right before Christmas or right before she may or may not have a tax fine to pay!
Sounds as if the thieves got their hands on quite the haul - one that must warrant reporting it to the police... 🤭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
She was lucky the didn’t take all her expensive tech whilst she advertised she was 40 miles away in her aparthotel for many many weeks

Reactions: 33
They are some smart arse crims who can pick the precise hour Jack is asleep in her 23 hour working day, gain entry to her garden and swipe all that stuff. #mastercriminals

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I wonder if the police have searched all the muddy puddles in the area just case they have migrated home?

• Haha
And even if she doesn't have insurance it better have been reported, wouldn't like something like that to go unreported only to happen to elderly people when the resale of such stolen items could help catch the perpetrators

ETA - www.police.uk is a great source to check on crimes in your area ;)

Reactions: 25
They are some smart arse crims who can pick the precise hour Jack is asleep in her 23 hour working day, gain entry to her garden and swipe all that stuff. #mastercriminals
We need these people to help us with all the timelines if they've cracked the working day conundrum.

In a rare serious moment for me, I hope she is ok. Must be upsetting to have had people that close. But Instagram isn't as effective as the police for reducing crime...

Reactions: 31
And even if she doesn't have insurance it better have been reported, wouldn't like something like that to go unreported only to happen to elderly people when the resale of such stolen items could help catch the perpetrators

ETA - www.police.uk is a great source to check on crimes in your area ;)
Great link, thank you! Fascinating to see that the area I live in has lots of sirens and flashing lights but very little actual reported crime. On topic, it is quite hard to buy stuff from John Lewis without them insuring it.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm trying to feel sorry for her but I can't find my violin to play on account of it being microscopic. The accursed thing wasn't even insured! Good thing I was able to fence those camping stoves so I can buy a new one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Just posted to Instagram
Is Jack about to bring out the begging bowl the tone deaf twunt.

Too much to unpick, but I thought the Shed was a kitchen. Or was that another shed?

Two Sheds Monroe has a sort of ring to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.