Jack Monroe #213 Something for nothing is her USP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have just had a look on streetview, the house opposite has cctv. I doubt it is the only one on the street either, looking at the amazing properties on that road.

...Isn't she a lucky duck? Now the police will be able to identify the vehicle that took away such a massive hoard.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
Just posted to Instagram
Is that the faint sound of a rattling tin I hear?
How can she not afford insurance but was ready to waltz into Neil Fitzpatrick’s veterinary surgery. I’ve never been but I can imagine it’s in the thousands just to be able to walk through the door
I don’t mean to sound like a nobhead but my insurance is like £12 a month that’s not exactly breaking the bank, and that’s with bits added on so you could get it cheaper than that. I totally understand there will be people who genuinely can’t afford that but she’s got a bleeping Patreon on the go.

Reactions: 32
Southend to get city status in memory of Mr Amess. The silence from Jack about the whole thing is just bizarre. No compassion for anyone, but expects everyone to show her sympathy and understanding.

She is just awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
How can she not have insurance? My home and contents is like 20 quid a month, and we got two free CCTV cameras with it. I'm absolutely useless at home admin tit but it's one of the first things I got, photographed everything I own that's worth something (spoiler alert: it's all obscure videogames and my wedding ring) and uploaded it all to drop box. She's got an Emin in the bog, a billion side boards, and documents basically everything else she buys for all to see, and a few Patreon payments would sort her for monthly payments or even a one off yearly payment if her credit is less tit than mine.

Being done over sucks, happened when I lived with my parents but they're insured so it was just the trauma we had to deal with! And my rage that I'd kept telling everyone the security lights had been moved but apparently I was just 'high' and 'being ridiculous' so that was a small and very questionable victory.

• Heart
Southend to get city status in memory of Mr Amess. The silence from Jack about the whole thing is just bizarre. No compassion for anyone, but expects everyone to show her sympathy and understanding.

She is just awful.
I'm glad she hasn't commented on it all tbf. She'd only make it about herself, like how she dropped out of politics because of death threats etc.

Although, she may be saving up her gold stars to go full moon chaos this weekend.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
So was that all she was blessing her little dears with today. A rant about how she got robbed probably because she left a load of expensive tit in a broken down shed.
Fair enough?!

Also shes now a city dweller. Well done southend.

How can she not have insurance? My home and contents is like 20 quid a month, and we got two free CCTV cameras with it. I'm absolutely useless at home admin tit but it's one of the first things I got, photographed everything I own that's worth something (spoiler alert: it's all obscure videogames and my wedding ring) and uploaded it all to drop box. She's got an Emin in the bog, a billion side boards, and documents basically everything else she buys for all to see, and a few Patreon payments would sort her for monthly payments or even a one off yearly payment if her credit is less tit than mine.

Being done over sucks, happened when I lived with my parents but they're insured so it was just the trauma we had to deal with! And my rage that I'd kept telling everyone the security lights had been moved but apparently I was just 'high' and 'being ridiculous' so that was a small and very questionable victory.
My husband set up our insurance he has insured the value of my wedding dress. I told him i don't need it now but he said it was expensive and important.

My husband set up our insurance he has insured the value of my wedding dress. I told him i don't need it now but he said it was expensive and important.

Will a more knowledgeable frau or herr know if now that southend is a city will that push the house prices up further. Will this squash further dreams of the forever home at least in that area?!

Will a more knowledgeable frau or herr know if now that southend is a city will that push the house prices up further. Will this squash further dreams of the forever home at least in that area?!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She popped through the windows for cables so I’d be surprised if it even had a door left on it! 😳
See, she can't get enough of us.

I always thought it was one of us that autocorrcted cabal to cable. Didn’t realise it came from Jack!

Me too!

I’ve used a few different letting agents and never had to prove I have contents insurance. I do have it though because as others have said if you don’t have loads of money you want to protect your stuff! Just contents is so much more cheaper than contents and buildings too, Jack has no excuse not to have it.
I’m sure I’ve heard you need insurance for a mortgage though?
Is it the landlord's responsibility to ensure that they have buildings insurance in place? Just wondering.

ETA Yes, you have to have buildings insurance prior to completion. They don't give a toot about contents.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Didn't she post pics of SB mowing the grass over summer? I don't think she mentioned it as a brand new mower then.

Reactions: 23
Maybe put a tile on the next lawnmower?
Don't know why she bothered buying a new lawnmower. She never uses it.

Hmm, thought her Dad popped around to do the mowing for her, iirc.

ETA - I see that while she might not have use the mower, SB has.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

She is just awful.
I have just seen the UK news and was wondering about this, for someone who has recently been invited to both the Labour and Conservative party conferences this is decidedly odd, and un Jacklike.
The woman is totally self-centered, selfish and has no idea about society unless she can benefit from it.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Thinking further about this surely her dad would have had lots of dinner table stories about people losing everything and not having insurance in a fire. I would have thought that would have not been seen as a luxury. Something isn’t adding up here!

Anyway I can’t wAit on my full moon notification prophecy tomorrow.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Why is she so depressing.

I struggle with the fact people call her a beacon of hope in poverty. Shes bleeping miserable about it. Shes always triggered or hiding or unable to function because she was once so poor.

Ive never had much money, i have a rough monthly budget that i try and stick to and i save for rainy days and odd treats. This all comes from a small pot of monthly income.

What we don't do is duck all our money away come pay day on shite, as much we often want to, we wait and save and buy) do it when we can afford to.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I have previously worked for a high street bank and I was the home insurance lead in branch and had also been a mortgage advisor so 'sold' plenty of policies. Contents insurance alone started from as little as £6 per month provided no previous claims and non-smoker. This was even taking into account there were quite a few previously flooded areas nearby. One of her many sideboards would potentially pay for 4 or 5 years of cover.

I was constantly astonished though at how many people would not take out insurances of any type except where obliged to as a condition of the mortgage. The amount of people with children who had no life cover, critical illness cover or income protection was shocking. I would often hear 'i'm never ill' or 'my family will help me out'. Insurance is one of those things that nobody likes paying for, particularly if you never need to claim, but can be life changing when it does pay out.

I have previously mentioned on here that I have recently finished treatment for cancer. I had a critical illness policy that cost us £77 per month (expensive as I had other pre-existing conditions). The policy paid out on the last day of my treatment and it has changed our lives. My work sick pay is about to be cut to half pay but I am not concerned in the slightest and I do not need to worry about rushing back to work before I am ready. Our mortgage is now paid off and we will able to finally get rid of our 1970s yellow kitchen!!!!

Not sure where I am going with this but I am so annoyed that her son will now have to be without his bike just because she put buying fridges, sideboards, Burberry scarves etc above contents insurance. I don't buy the whole 'too traumatised ' to buy insurance.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Why is she so depressing.

I struggle with the fact people call her a beacon of hope in poverty. Shes bleeping miserable about it.
She is the true opposite of aspirational. I mean, if she has indeed pulled herself up by the bootstraps, what on earth was the benefit?

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.