Jack Monroe #213 Something for nothing is her USP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe Jack is hoping for a gig on the next Verisure alarm advert. I think she's got the skillz

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Surely with a dad as landlord she would know about insurance? Mine is about £15 a month for buildings & contents, and I have a high level of cover for my art collection (no Emin's here) and bikes. Never had insurance when I rented but I had nothing worth taking.

Seems Twitter is still restricted but the gram (stories) isn't locked.

Is this a plea to get a gig advertising insurance for the poors? Similar to the octopus one. Not the best time for engagement with potential employers!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I’m sure she said she had one of those video doorbells. Wouldn’t that show someone approaching the house?

Reactions: 29
Appalling that Jack still uses poverty as a shield to mask the real reason why she doesn't have contents insurance: because she's disorganised, selfish* and irresponsible with money.

* SB's bike has also been stolen, poor kid, but Jack shows such little care towards his things - putting up selfies of her wearing his clothes, he couldn't even have a nice dinosaur-shaped biscuit from the greengrocers without her taking a huge bite out of it first.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Ugh, the phrase "luxuries like insurance" - I know it's been pointed out but insurance isn't a luxury!! If you can afford the high end stuff you can afford insurance! It's not just about your own health and safety, it's about the health and safety of your community! Merail: My dog has been having health issues and it's been a very distressing time for us - but it's been made so much easier by the fact I've got decent insurance which means I don't have to stress about paying for his treatment at all. How much more can she blame on her year of ~poverty~ a decade ago??
She doesn’t have pet insurance does she - wonder if those animals ever see a vet.

• Sad
  • Sick
If you are in the habit of spending thousands on sideboards you have the money to spend on some contents insurance.
stop making out that people in poverty are feckless.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
She doesn’t have pet insurance does she - wonder if those animals ever see a vet.
Probably wouldn't matter if they saw a vet or not, given the way she completely disregarded the advice of THREE vets during kittengate #jackknowsbest. In all seriousness (though off topic!) I wasn't sure whether to get insurance for my boy when I got him, because when I was growing up with dogs it wasn't really a thing. But vet fees are so expensive nowadays, and I always knew he was the unlucky/hapless type who would end up with a broken leg or something (though I wasn't prepared for a lifelong, chronic condition 😭, the likes of which would all-but bankrupt me without insurance. Petplan FTW!) (Non-spon post).

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Really, not bothering with insurance is a luxury - because presumably you're not worried about the cost of replacing something should there be a fire/flood/theft, or you're willing to risk it.

It was always a priority for me when I was **poor**, I worried horrendously that I was insured correctly, because I couldn't afford to replace my things. Moving days I would get in a right state panicking which flat was insured - what if something happened in transit.
Funny looking back because the value of my stuff was so low, but it all meant so much to me.

Now, not to brag, I could afford to replace a fair bit, so I don't get my knickers in a twist if I'm not covered for a few days because of poor life admin/procrastination etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
She makes me so cross! You do not get to speak for all people who have been poor. I have been poor and I’m not far off it now - I RENT! And I can assure you that contents insurance is top of my list as I wouldn’t be able to replace everything I own in a hurry. I don’t have a tip jar or public facing PayPal that I’m ready to dish out at a moments notice tho! Call me cynical but seems funny that this might be happening right before Christmas or right before she may or may not have a tax fine to pay!
Insurance should be something everyone should have, how would she replace her cooker?! ( I know she rich or has about six) i also bet all her phones are insured to the hilt. Never mind her kids bike.

I have no sympathy, if she bought one less sideboard one less viv( RIP) dress she could cover a basic insurance for a year.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
And the grifting continues.

I suppose as the tv companies have stopped knocking and the book writing has ground to a halt then rather than get an actual job, Jack just cobbles together another POV sob story to con unsuspecting kind people out of their cash.

I honestly don't know how she can face people she knows never mind family when she does this sort of tit. She obviously has no shame.

ETA another who had insurance even as a student, not because I had emins and more sideboards than I needed, but because the little I did have, I wouldn't have been able to afford to replace if/when it got stolen.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Ahh that takes me back to being a student nurse on cardiac surgery and having to check the sputum pots. My mentor would laugh as my eyes watered and I fought back the urge to boak.

Good times, thanks for the memories Jack.
Hey nothing wrong with Sputum! As an ex cardiac patient myself when you have to give samples you have to give samples!
It might be vaguely nauseating but who knows when they will ever be in the position of having their various bodily functions and fluids examined?
Happens to the best of us! (y)
If your working as a cardiac nurse I salute you it's hard work not for the faint of 💓 heart on the other hand you are helping to save lives and believe me it's the nurses who make a difference in recovery.
Oh sure surgeons get all the attention but it's the nurses who cheer you up when you are low.
Help you with your medication have a chat to take your mind off things, talk to you like a human being so that you can actually imagine a life outside of hospital.
Share the gossip which is going round the hospital wards so you feel included, help with your dressings and don't make a big deal out of helping you to the bathroom or mind you asking for a cuppa when your throat is parched!
So it's a hands on job but it's all the more appreciated because of that!

As for Jacks green soup/stew/thing...mmm...you know great. ...but why the secrecy ( about what it actually is)?
It doesn't make it anymore interesting 😛!
Or delicious 😋. Even if she says it is!
She can keep it!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
She won’t bother reporting it cos…… no insurance 🤷‍♀️ And no doubt the police will treat her badly and that will trigger something.
The police will probably call her a Muppet for having no insurance and it will trigger the white trash shouldnt breed hate.....

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Maybe she learned how to do roundabouts.
Yes I remember her saying that LJC took her out for a bike ride but her ADHD brain can't do roundabouts. She'd surely have been better giving SB the bike instead of buying him a separate one (coz she RENTS) and they are the same height now.

Reactions: 21
Man it’s all bollocks, again. No way is a national tv presenter, author blah blah blah … struggling to pay for home insurance. It’s like what, according to Google, on average a little over a tenner a month. She’s either totally irresponsible or is just after some fresh donations.

The lack of insurance also points towards how naive and unprepared someone could be in even wanting the so-called utopia that is owning a home. The big thing she goes on and on about. It betrays the child like assumption that one buys a house and everything must therefore be amazing - of course, if she did have a home then insurance would be imperative, the expense of which factored in. If she can’t afford insurance now, after 10 years of opportunity (and the apparent need to seek anonymity in the Lake District from time to time) then she’s either lying or is stupendously bad with money. .

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Absolutely this; not one, but two good camping stoves sound like luxuries to me! She’s not poor and has a house crammed with fridges and sideboards - make it make sense, Jacko!

And yet again, there was the twinge of sympathy, because being burgled is awful. But a supposed ally throwing the n-word out there in an interview? No. My black backside says that word is NEVER to be spoken. 😡
When does she ever go camping?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She obviously makes a good income from Patreon money but is this really a sustainable source of money for the future, especially given that she wants to buy her forever home soon.

When does she ever go camping?
Did they take the bulletproof vest that she wore to Glasto/Bestival too?

• Haha
  • Heart
Man it’s all bollocks, again. No way is a national tv presenter, author blah blah blah … struggling to pay for home insurance. It’s like what, according to Google, on average a little over a tenner a month. She’s either totally irresponsible or is just after some fresh donations.

The lack of insurance also points towards how naive and unprepared someone could be in even wanting the so-called utopia that is owning a home. The big thing she goes on and on about. It betrays the child like assumption that one buys a house and everything must therefore be amazing - of course, if she did have a home then insurance would be imperative, the expense of which factored in. If she can’t afford insurance now, after 10 years of opportunity (and the apparent need to seek anonymity in the Lake District from time to time) then she’s either lying or is stupendously bad with money. .
Oh she can afford it, what she's saying is that the TRAUMA of her little stint in poverty somehow renders her incapable of actually sorting it out. Not sure how the logic of that works but hey ho. Also, yes, good point about the 'forever home' and how much of this ties into home ownership and the essential bills which come with that.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Its her kid i feel sorry for, imagine your mum caring so little for your stuff.

Kids dont have alot of expensive things a bike and a games console are usually about it. Shea got fuckloads of expensive tat, so who cares if she doesn't care enough to look after it, however she should have been more thoughtful towards her kids stuff. My kids scooters and bikes are actually locked in the cupboard under our stairs in the house, because we dont have an adequate place outside too keep them.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.