Jack Monroe #212 Oh shhh, grenaaaaaade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
C657F2F0-70C9-43FB-A5D5-D9B67595B3DD.jpeg

Aww thanks mate. Who’s this for? (ETA I see now it’s for a private account, my bad)

C1C8CD7D-DF74-460C-AC24-57BAD157B6F0.jpeg

How can she afford a new tattoo in her (low paid) job. Is there room for one in her basket?

F74FD4B1-A07D-408C-A46D-E5779743F47D.jpeg
To be serious, Jack, as you are obviously reading here, set boundaries. You can’t be these people’s friends. Do one of your big threads with support information and state that while you wish them all the best it’s not good for you to be reassuring other people. It’s not good for either party.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Her 'breakdown' pictures don't mean anything. My regular face looks like that tbh, one of the joys of Resting witch Face.

On of my favourite pictures of my husband is of him standing smiling in the sunshine, surrounded by his son's toys, leaning against one of his beloved motorbikes.

You don't know that this man is already using heroin, in an abusive relationship (absolutely toxic from both ends but she was, and still is, the violent one who put him in hospital more than once) and about 4 months away from absolutely imploding into the homeless drug addict he would remain for the next few years.

Photos used to be called 'snap shots' because that's what they are. They capture such a brief moment they can never tell the whole story. You just see a woman who looks like she might kill you (but is really thinking about cake) and a smiling man in the sunshine (who wants his next fix)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 86
I think it’s nice of Jack to demonstrate that she didn’t actually learn all the stuff she listed 🙃
Plenty to go over with therapist and sponsor for step 4 and 5

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I think it’s nice of Jack to demonstrate that she didn’t actually learn all the stuff she listed 🙃
Plenty to go over with therapist and sponsor for step 4 and 5
Surely to goodness it must have been drummed into her during all this therapy to stop oversharing online? She took to her bed for 15 hours after mining her backstory again at conference(s).
And why the sniping at That Man again? This grudge against him is quite bizarre.

• Sad
Reactions: 43
Sorry to quote myself like a head but just doing a quick mummy tidy thinking about this cos it’s an interesting question - it kind of transcends fault in some ways too? Like… is it my parents’ fault I have low self esteem and a plethora of sub MH issues? Probably in some way, they were the origins of it, but that doesn’t really matter because I’m responsible for myself - my life, actions, health, so I’m the one that has to deal with that? What productive good does attributing blame do? Like when you get well it’s less about pointing fingers and HE did this!!! And SHE did that!!! It’s just about getting on with life?
I absolutely love your posts. I always look forward to anything you have to say.
On this note, there’s a song on Crazy Ex Girlfriend which makes me think of this ‘Nothing is ever anyone’s fault’. Also another song that is very relevant to her “activism” is ‘This is my movement’

System? Sounds more like you have an unhealthy relationship with Twitter. Even say… an addiction perhaps?

Her 'breakdown' pictures don't mean anything. My regular face looks like that tbh, one of the joys of Resting witch Face.

On of my favourite pictures of my husband is of him standing smiling in the sunshine, surrounded by his son's toys, leaning against one of his beloved motorbikes.

You don't know that this man is already using heroin, in an abusive relationship (absolutely toxic from both ends but she was, and still is, the violent one who put him in hospital more than once) and about 4 months away from absolutely imploding into the homeless drug addict he would remain for the next few years.

Photos used to be called 'snap shots' because that's what they are. They capture such a brief moment they can never tell the whole story. You just see a woman who looks like she might kill you (but is really thinking about cake) and a smiling man in the sunshine (who wants his next fix)
I don’t think you understand though, she’s wearing all black. That means sad. But now she wears colour so that means happy!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Has anyone else seen the stuff about Elizabeth Haigh? Her publisher has just withdrawn her recent book Makan (a Singaporean cookbook) following claims of plagiarism. Seems she lifted not only recipes (down to the last comma) but also personal anecdotes from Singaporean chefs and bloggers. It’s all over twitter etc. but has got remarkably little press attention. I think that’s what started the Telegraph lady off on her tweet about plagiarism, which Jack responded to.

[ETA: looks like the Mail has now picked up this story.]

But Jack can hardly take the high ground here, since I suspect much of her stuff is “borrowed” from blogs etc. Some of her Del Monte stuff, for example.

As for tonight: she’s obviously on a narc high from all that LOVELY ATTENTION. And the chance to post lots of selfies. Here’s a picture of me, and another one, and another one, look at me, look at me!! Quite how this self-obsessed display is meant to “help” anyone else, as she appears to be claiming, is anyone’s guess. Still, I’m sure her therapist advised her that the very best thing to do would be to splash this all over social media and lap up the likes. A therapist would definitely think that was a good idea. No? 🤔

On reflection, it looks like we were right after all about her turning up drunk to certain things. And if she was also abusing pills, as she says, that does rather paint her recent interactions with her GP in a different light. I’m not sure her timeline adds up, but then she’s never really told the truth about anything so there’s bound to be inconsistencies.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Has anyone else seen the stuff about Elizabeth Haigh? Her publisher has just withdrawn her recent book Makan (a Singaporean cookbook) following claims of plagiarism. Seems she lifted not only recipes (down to the last comma) but also personal anecdotes from Singaporean chefs and bloggers. It’s all over twitter etc. but has got remarkably little press attention. I think that’s what started the Telegraph lady off on her tweet about plagiarism, which Jack responded to.

But Jack can hardly taken the high ground here, since I suspect much of her stuff is “borrowed” from blogs etc. Some of her Del Monte stuff, for example.

As for tonight: she’s obviously on a narc high from all that LOVELY ATTENTION. And the chance to post lots of selfies. Here’s a picture of me, and another one, and another one, look at me, look at me!! Quite how this self-obsessed display is meant to “help” anyone else, as she appears to be claiming, is anyone’s guess. Still, I’m sure her therapist advised her that the very best thing to do would be to splash this all over social media and lap up the likes. A therapist would definitely think that was a good idea. No? 🤔

On reflection, it looks like we were right after all about her turning up drunk to certain things. And if she was also abusing pills, as she says, that does rather paint her recent interactions with her GP in a different light. I’m not sure her timeline adds up, but then she’s never really told the truth about anything so there’s bound to be inconsistencies.
Totally agree, apart from the rinsed spaghetti hoops cacio a Pepe or whatever. Rinsing hoops is all her own work.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
It's all a big bizzarro pile of shite, that's why none of it ever adds up. All of it, just for content. Just really feel bad for the kid.

• Sad
Reactions: 35
When was the really long thread about her stalker and the subsequent abuse? That felt very similar to tonight. We had a cathartic outpouring of ~feelings~, a scattering of blame levelled at us and a definite “before and after” impression about it.

I don’t doubt either incident took place, but this big, announcement-style posting on social media, simply by the fact she keeps repeating the action, cannot be working. It is merely for likes and not part of her therapy at all.

For those of us who find this thing traumatic and draining, at 3am when the world seems even more tit than it is at 3pm, seeing those unspoilered posts and pictures from last year can easily set one off on a cycle that really needs not to be set off.

All for likes and attention.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 54
It was mid March this year, can’t recall if before or after birthday, probably after. Is it Jack or SB has a birthday on St Patrick’s day?

Reactions: 19
She’d obviously been told to keep off social media for a reason. And that reason has become very clear tonight. Back to square one.

It was mid March this year, can’t recall if before or after birthday, probably after. Is it Jack or SB has a birthday on St Patrick’s day?
I think Jack’s birthday is in March. I think her son’s 11th was more recent.

Reactions: 30
It is just so repetitive and deceiving.

Even though it was obvious she was ill last year, there were “happy, light in my eyes” posts way before March.

As others have said, and why I hate befores and afters, MH issues cannot be seen in photos.

Jack cosplaying in a black tracksuit= Jack in a bad way. Jack smiling and in a flowery shirt= Jack on her way to recovery, happy to hand out advice to all and sundry.

She is being reductive and on a day like yesterday that is possibly the worst thing she could be. Jack, as with everything else she does never sees the nuance in an issue, never realises that actually there are many ways to express MH (or NB - Guardian article with her dressed in two different outfits is a case in point).

Sorry for disjointed, rambling post- she has really hit a nerve.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Also didnt many people comment at the time and since what she announced in that post. So in fact possibly being factual?!

I am glad shes doing good. Honest. I dont wish her ill just wish she'd stop cooking awful food and being nasty, other that. 😌 Its all good!?
I don’t care if she cooks awful food, I do care about her lying, scamming, grifting, conning and gaslighting, especially as she often targets those much much worse off than herself,
and don’t get me started on the kitten and that poor poor bunny 😥

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
We’ve seen all this before.
The long rambling self indulgent waffle thread about recovery and trauma.
All the ‘brave’ comments she laps up for the attention and dopamine high.
Then off on a wild Twitter convo with any random bestowing advice and prose and promising all sorts of things.
Then something goes a bit wrong, doesn’t get the correct attention and the nasty response happens and we are with car crash Jack. Potatoes/stalker/conference/THATMAN

I don’t believe a word. This isn’t how you do recovery properly. It’s an internal process not a performance and if you treat it as a performance it won’t last. Not funny today.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
The stalker posts were around the time of Sarah Everard’s abduction and murder.

That says it all for me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
The stalker posts were around the time of Sarah Everard’s abduction and murder.

That says it all for me.
She made those posts on 13 March - it was actually the very same day as the Sarah Everard vigil. Because she simply had to make it about herself.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 66
This is why I think it’s all so contrived. I know recovery isn’t a straight line, etc etc, but she basically made a mini version of the posts we’ve seen this evening back in April, complete with ”before and after“ pics.

View attachment 804248

screenshot originally from @Marmalade Atkins
Personally think that it's bleeping hilarious that she's forever taking staged photos of herself in her many guises, to be saved on file and rolled out to suit the latest Twitter character she's inhabiting, all to satisfy her narc-craving for attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.