Jack Monroe #212 Oh shhh, grenaaaaaade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What were we (Manc Bee?) saying about blue tick responses?

Twitter obviously wasn’t working so off she went to try Instagram.

The high she will be getting off this will be nauseating.
I always want her to do better and stop making herself a victim. No one is bullying her- tattle doesn’t engage with her directly.

yes these are unvarnished opinions of her, her behaviour, her grifting, her letdown Patreon and her questionable food. No one wishes her ill.

we worry about her son and how he will develop as a teen with a mum with no internet boundaries who plays the poor single mum schtick for engagement even though that time of their life was nearly a decade ago and I’m sure he loves having to relive the trauma pub

she clearly is an addict not just to substances but also social media and being liked for TB e high.

she needs better thereapy because clearly she’s learnt sweet duck all tbh.

Jack is the sort whose teachers would try and give constructive criticism (I.e- has potential but needs to try harder!) and would have run home accusing them of bullying her.

oh and I haven’t forgiven the irresponsible CSA accusation she chaosed against a teacher.

grow up Jack. No one forces you to read here Or even be in the public at at all. You could find a private job and stop plastering yourself everywhere you possibly can.

ETA- typos due to being crap at using iPhone keypad!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

1. There is a lovely new big book full of big photos about women in the food industry which got a shout out from big J in the Observer yesterday. Jack is not in it.
I'm not sure who Jack's talking about, but I'm fairly sure the OP did not mean Jamie Oliver. I *think* it's James Martin.

• Wow
Reactions: 34
All I can think is that everyone who cares about her and has put effort into saving her is doing a big 🤦‍♀️ 🙈🤦🤦‍♂️🤦🏽‍♀️ This isn’t recovery. This is same ole tit another Sunday.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Personally think that it's bleeping hilarious that she's forever taking staged photos of herself in her many guises, to be saved on file and rolled out to suit the latest Twitter character she's inhabiting, all to satisfy her narc-craving for attention.
Hardest working tripod in Essex.

• Haha
Reactions: 75
All I can think is that everyone who cares about her and has put effort into saving her is doing a big 🤦‍♀️ 🙈🤦🤦‍♂️🤦🏽‍♀️ This isn’t recovery. This is same ole tit another Sunday.
Can imagine that those long suffering and exhausted family and friends never really imagined that they were saving her, merely playing along with the latest fabrication. To say, for all of the hot air, wellness bollocks in the world, it's hard to miss when someone is still as ever, so unfailingly self-absorbed.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Lost track of who said it, soz, but the thread was tooo long and I was panicking. If it was you, claim your beans. Nom by @Lionel Richtea

Jack wrote a massive and later deleted thread that was more triggery than an NRA conference (😉) and then disappeared only to reappear as Instagram Jack complete with kittens climbing all over her.

Silence again and then Jack dressed as a burglar stood next to Jack as a Motherland character popped up to tell us her ODAAT story…..

Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a suggestion as it’s easier to search. Also, please hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki (pink button).
I hereby claim my beans!!! I’d also like to note that my incoming grenade predictions have a 100% success rate - don’t toy with me, ninnies! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Is she now present for her THRIVING son every min of the day, or is she sleeping 15 hours a day? This is what I cannot stand about her, everything is a contradiction, nothing makes sense, lie after lie.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Why is she eating biscuits in bed?

Why is she being a twit.

I was having a think with my morning coffee about things i have said on here,

when the kitten was around i remember saying it has a neurological disorder and would probably needs pts... A few days later after 3 vets or whatever she confirmed all of the above. So not lies.
People on here speculated her drink issues and or subsequent treatment on here the last lot or months. Tonight she confirmed this....so not lies.

How are any of us lying when she posts things plain too see, it baffles me. Also i hate being called a liar when i was trying to help.

The only liar i see on any sm platform is her.. she has made up alot of tall tales.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I hereby claim my beans!!! I’d also like to note that my incoming grenade predictions have a 100% success rate - don’t toy with me, ninnies! 😂
All beans to you!

I’m struggling to think of a job where Jack would actually be ok, and just fine at doing. Not even asking for excellence.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The comedown from this will be unpleasant. Although she may get some real journalists sniffing around as stuff like this would be (vom) inspirational to some people. To the people it makes feel utterly hopeless and despondent, duck them.

She’ll probably rewrite it a la Potatoes and maybe get a Guardian article. Or a Grocers mag advertorial. Who knows, maybe Carole Malone will go AWAY again and she can slither back into the Express.

I do not like her very much at all. Not at all.

But hey! Xmas Strictly! No IACGMOOH after her mental health posts, they could never.

View attachment 804284View attachment 804285
She is high as a kite, on attention. Also, stealing recipes. COUGH slimming world COUGH.
Cough bbc good food cough

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
All beans to you!

I’m struggling to think of a job where Jack would actually be ok, and just fine at doing. Not even asking for excellence.
Me too. I'd feel awful if she's wangled her way in to some sort of support service for people. Places quite often look for peer support workers, and can you just imagine the damage she'd do to someone? 🙁 It can't be anything with a set sort of schedule anyway if she's able to just pop off to conferences and do her media appearances at the drop of a hat.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Bit more about that book - I had been wondering if Jack might find this a trigger, as it sort of highlights just how much things have moved on since the early Bootstrap days. I think there may be some awareness of this (hence being "at Conference" as a "journalist") and it will be a great relief if Jack is giving up the pretence of having an sort of real interest in or knowledge of food. But it's still probably going to be hard seeing this celebration of the achievements of others, from quite a diverse range of backgrounds, many with children (and at least one acknowledging the importance of That Man as a mentor) confirming just how irrelevant Jack is. This is Jay's plug, it's also been all over instagram (it is a very IG book)
Also just published is The Female Chef, with words by Clare Finney and Photographs by Liz Seabrook. It features interviews with, recipes by and images of some of the leading women in the British food scene. They include Nokx Majozi of the Holborn Dining Rooms, vegetarian food writer Anna Jones and Andi Oliver of both Wadadli Kitchen and the BBC’s Great British Menu. Copies can be ordered via the Hoxton Mini Press.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Yesterday’s Jack reminded me why I came off her threads for a while. The constant cycle of self pity and blaming others for her issues really is never ending. So exhausting.

Despite all the therapy she’s had/having she doesn’t ever seem to grow or change or, most importantly take ownership and responsibility for her actions.

Still playing the perpetual victim. Where’s the accountability? Can’t make proper progress without it.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Is she now present for her THRIVING son every min of the day, or is she sleeping 15 hours a day? This is what I cannot stand about her, everything is a contradiction, nothing makes sense, lie after lie.
The actions never match the words, but the only way we know about the actions is because of the words. It's an almighty headfuck especially when other people aren't tuned into it, and don't see it.

It's always been a calling card of the narcs I've known, they can contradict themselves three times in the space of a single sentence, staying confident they're crystal clear and have the upper hand, but leave you wondering what the hell you just witnessed, and when you think back and digest it all, you end up furious. Again.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Yesterday’s Jack reminded me why I came off her threads for a while. The constant cycle of self pity and blaming others for her issues really is never ending. So exhausting.

Despite all the therapy she’s had/having she doesn’t ever seem to grow or change or, most importantly take ownership and responsibility for her actions.

Still playing the perpetual victim. Where’s the accountability?Can’t make proper progress without it.
Yeah same. The thing is, we all know deep down she's never going the change (that's the thing with narcissism, it just gets worse and more toxic with age), but I think her just shutting the duck up for an extended period of time gave us false hope. It's very depressing. What's even more depressing is the amount of people who lap it up.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Yeah same. The thing is, we all know deep down she's never going the change (that's the thing with narcissism, it just gets worse and more toxic with age), but I think her just shutting the duck up for an extended period of time gave us false hope. It's very depressing. What's even more depressing is the amount of people who lap it up.
The silence really was golden.

I have to deal with a few narcs in my daily life and you are so right, they DO get worse the older they get. Christ.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.