Jack Monroe #212 Oh shhh, grenaaaaaade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lost track of who said it, soz, but the thread was tooo long and I was panicking. If it was you, claim your beans. Nom by @Lionel Richtea

Jack wrote a massive and later deleted thread that was more triggery than an NRA conference (šŸ˜‰) and then disappeared only to reappear as Instagram Jack complete with kittens climbing all over her.

Silence again and then Jack dressed as a burglar stood next to Jack as a Motherland character popped up to tell us her ODAAT storyā€¦..

Please use the words ā€˜thread titleā€™ (two separate words) when making a suggestion as itā€™s easier to search. Also, please hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki (pink button).

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
I am as good at trangulating as a hexagon but im sure she has the same earrings on. Dont know though?!

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Thanks for the new thread Silver. Just another Sunday night chaos.....

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Why does she have to elevenerife recovery?! The language she uses.... the things she revealed to her therapist would fill an entire book, the things she said to her sponsor would horrify anyone. Of course she has to have a better, more dramatic 'fallen off the wagon" story than anyone else in the history of AA. šŸ™„

• Heart
Reactions: 75
@HotesTilaire, @heretoreaditall2019 explsined it much better than I could but step 4 is ā€œmade a searching and fearless inventory of ourselvesā€ and I did mine in like a life story format. It was quite lengthy because I had to put all the significant stuff in - if I couldnā€™t admit to the terrible/shameful things Iā€™d done, I wouldnā€™t be able to move on. There were things I played no part in that I spoke about too. My sponsor gave me two weeks to do it and then we did step 5 - ā€œadmitted to god, ourselves and another human being the exact nature of our wrongsā€ which is going over step 4. The freedom of admitting these things and her not fleeing thinking I was a horrendous person was tremendous. She didnā€™t bat an eyelid.

I honestly speak more about AA here than I do in any other area of my life, I find it bizarre her obsession with it and Iā€™m a bit sceptical about people who shout about it (Iā€™m looking at you too Michelle Heaton) - it reminds me of me thinking that if I told anyone who would listen it would help get me sober. Donā€™t get me wrong, there are numerous actual celebrities who have admitted they are in recovery (Eric Clapton is my go to person if I ever even think about taking something to change how I feel - he didnā€™t relapse (to the best of my knowledge) after his son died in a tragic accident) but I find the big announcementsā€¦crass? Insincere? For attention? All of the above?

• Heart
Reactions: 89
If the first pic was taken in March and the second pic was taken 100 days later, that puts the second pic in June, right?

That's possibly the day she had her hair cut. Shown here:
Screenshot_20211010-212226_Instagram_1.jpg

No idea what the point of my post is šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Everything she's posting since her 'return' has been directly for us. Almost like she had the opposite of intensive therapy and is utterly obsessed with reading every post here and responding to it

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
Also didnt many people comment at the time and since what she announced in that post. So in fact possibly being factual?!

I am glad shes doing good. Honest. I dont wish her ill just wish she'd stop cooking awful food and being nasty, other that. šŸ˜Œ Its all good!?

Reactions: 29
Just went back in time to #196 to see what was happening 100 days ago
It was Sweety-Tā€™s bday and we all got in trouble for posting H Bdy, there was a photo of little Frank
We were treated to the post-it note wall of new new new book of recipes just days earlier

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
One of my top 5 blogger activist activities from last thread

Also in the top 5, when the person follows up with DEEEEEETAILS like this:

"And by the way, just for the record, these photos were taken completely ad hoc by my cat, who had obviously grabbed my phone when I was just standing there posing and I just found them on the international day of the thing, and for all the naysayers our there, it's both a total coincidence and my duty as an activist to share"

Stay tuned for the other three favourites

Jeesh, things swing along here. Roadside Mum needs to up her game

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.