Jack Monroe #212 Oh shhh, grenaaaaaade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, it’s definitely the exact same bowl of slop, but some pasta and crud has been added? Before being foisted on poor admin assistant or scraped in the bin before going for a Greggs (well, she does know the manager!).
OMG, she is such an unbelievable fraud. I wonder how often she presents the same dish as different recipes? I seem to remember the “cake” she made in a washed-out single use tray at the aparthotel was presented a couple of days later as a different dessert entirely?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I would LOVE to know all the ins and outs of what happened when Sainsburys dropped her when she said that horrendous thing about David Cameron. Like how was she dropped, the scene behind closed doors and did she have to forfeit her fee?! You would think she'd have learned by that mistake wouldn't you. I'd have been so ashamed of myself I would have actually cancelled myself!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
She seems the type to have a Google alert set up on her name. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall of the crappy bungalow when she read it.

I’d enjoy watching her trying to argue against his points, because they’re all valid to be fair.

Reactions: 29
That’s a great article. I have a big soft spot for Marcus though so I am not too fussed about having a dig at someone who is getting child poverty placed front and centre of the news cycle and debates - especially after having had hardship as a child. It would be great though if Marcus did introduce current benefit recipients into the debate though.

To be fair to RoadsideMum (probably the only time you will hear me say that!) she said exactly the same thing some time ago. Unfortunately she still fawns and re-tweets her good friend and queen of the poverty so it’s not entirely sunk in there yet.

Good on Ewan - shame this sentiment isn’t an Opinion Piece in The Guardian.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I freeze it all! Hard cheeses are best, say the experts, but I have successfully frozen all the kinds, including brie, blue, mozzarella balls, ricotta and cottage cheese.

The latter two I mostly use in cooking, so that's my disclaimer, but the rest I serve to friends and family - which is the highest compliment to frozen/defrosted cheese I can make
I am 20 pages behind at the mo so on a massive grunk, but I just wanted to say - frozen brie is one of my favourite snacks. Does it nearly break your teeth? Yes. Is a cheesy ice lolly the best thing ever? Also yes. I will happily admit I am a psycho for this, but it is a hill i am very happy to die on. Frozen brie FTW

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.