Jack Monroe #212 Oh shhh, grenaaaaaade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm still of the mind tbh that all the alcoholism confessions including this latest one are a performance. I'm sure she does drink, her behaviour has certainly suggested such at times, but I think it was exaggerated wildly at the beginning, to explain away her bad behaviour, and to gain sympathy/attention from her media articles.

This recent relapse/recovery stuff I think is likely a performance for similar. To wriggle out of responsibilities - work commitments, responsibility for poor behaviour, and again for the praise and sympathy. Nothing about her is honest or genuine.

*Disclaimer - all purely my opinion and speculation, m'lud.

• Heart
Reactions: 86
I'm still of the mind tbh that all the alcoholism confessions including this latest one are a performance. I'm sure she does drink, her behaviour has certainly suggested such at times, but I think it was exaggerated wildly at the beginning, to explain away her bad behaviour, and to gain sympathy/attention from her media articles.

This recent relapse/recovery stuff I think is likely a performance for similar. To wriggle out of responsibilities - work commitments, responsibility for poor behaviour, and again for the praise and sympathy. Nothing about her is honest or genuine.

*Disclaimer - all purely my opinion and speculation, m'lud.
Nail on head, @Nottonightbabe and exactly my thinking.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
She thinks ~owning up~ to a relapse can absolve her from her crappy behaviour. It can't until she owns up to that crappy behaviour HERSELF instead of trying to hide it behind a bottle. The narcissism is her stumbling block.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Anyone recall a lady on Twitter that was critical in some way of Jack (can't recall exactly why), and she knew Jack irl. Jack then got nasty to her and publicly outed her as having issues with alcohol? Using her first name in that passive aggressive manner she does, iirc. So this new 12-step-Jack, we've got this, all kindness and gratitude doesn't wash. Wonder what Jack's #recoveryposse would think about that spiteful behaviour? 🤔
I remember it, she then went on to further identify her by posting details about her sons business. It was truly, deliberately nasty. She said she would (probably?) take down the post after a while, but she wanted the poster to feel as badly as she did. And I think thats the point about what she is saying now. She has suffered, and so those that have made her feel that way must suffer. So not moving on, but seeking revenge.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
did her alleged relapse happen around the time that she made libellous accusations about that teacher on twitter ? She uses mental health issues as a defence weapon whenever she fucks up imo
Bullying bored conspiracy theory coming up. Again.
I still think the wild teacher accusations were the catalyst for this recovery.
If you remember she spoke to him privately and apologised. I *think* he even replied something like 'I wish you well in your recovery'. So I imagine she assured him it was the drink talking and that she was actively seeking help. As this was exactly the same time as data squiggle was looking for answers and mentioning legalities, and book deadlines being pushed back, the walls must've been closing in.
Was it an excuse to get out of an increasingly tight spot? Who knows 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Yes, staying up late into the night to ramble on and on about how she's definitely DEFINITELY over the hump (2 days after her long mental health breakdown threads) doesn't exactly scream successful recovery 🤷‍♀️
Flashback to 5 Jan '19 Guardian article, one week after stopping drinking. I've stopped drinking and one week later I'm speaking with confidence about my life after alcohol? Not appropriate, Jack, and *not appropriate, Guardian*

The article refers to [Needless to say, I did not drink when I could not afford to feed myself and my son. I used the odd can of Sainsbury’s Basics lager in a stew or casserole, but I didn’t drink it. I want to be absolutely clear about that.]

And then there's this article, 1 Dec '17 (the Independent), which contains the good old anomaly:
“I sent my son to his father’s for Christmas and I just sat on my own and got drunk on cheap lager on the couch and didn’t tell anyone.”

Only one is the truth. This is not objective. It's a small difference. duck, you deserved beer in a rough patch. But why lie later to sanctify yourself when it's in writing, when it doesn't matter, and then say people lie about you.

Make it make sense

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!

Gah I have actual work to do, can't spend any more time analysing the weasel words of a proven liar.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Yesterday we discussed her stereotyping of lesbians, today it's addicts! The bleeping Trainspotting-esque before photo ffs, it really is a pity me narrative instead of 'anyone can be an addict, appearances matter not'.

There's a lot I want to say, she makes a mockery of everything in her weird narc quest to be the mostest ever.
I know we had a pretty tit summer but 100 days ago we were not wearing bobble hats - we were not leaving the house.

Oh grace - get your bullshit detector switched on

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!

Gah I have actual work to do, can't spend any more time analysing the weasel words of a proven liar.
Same same same, but just in case anyone is still feeling residual guilt about 'bullying' - I've been following Jack for a very long time now and there have always been dreadful bullies alluded to, long before Tattle even existed. And for what it's worth, I don't think alcohol is, or ever has been, the main problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
I am thinking a new kitten is on the cards.

Not that i did but i dont trust a word she says. Shes got more inconsistenties than a tory mp explaining party policy.

She has an addiction, several if we believe what she has written.
If she really wants help she needs to own up to her issues which is she cannot cope with

A: her job
B: being in the public eye and the critism that comes with it.
C: not being the centre of attention.
D: not being a decent enough cook for her own cooking show without having a tantrum.
There are many more things, but these would be a start. She needs to to back to her therapists and own up to these issues.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
Related thought:

I've just recently come across and article online about the evils of Tattle (usual stuff). I don't doubt that there are some awful threads on here (I briefly wandered into Meghan and Harry once and quickly retreated) and there are posts on this thread using language or making statements I wouldn't, but we all have different sensibilities, which is fine. But this whole handwringing by the press and these bloggers/influencers is ridiculous. The whole reason a site like Tattle exists and the whole reason there are now over 200 threads on Jack is because the press enables this lying and grifting.

The Guardian publishes
  • an article on sobriety by someone who has been sober for 7 days!
  • an article on veganism by someone who actually never was fully vegan.
  • a series of articles with lies upon lies which could have been all questioned with a bit of fact checking.

We, the readers, see these discrepancies and have questions. If the press/media did their job OR stopped giving blatant liers a platform, there'd be no need for Tattle. This is also true for the Jameela Jamil and Vonny threads (and no doubt most threads on here, I just don't know most of the people).

Jack, if you didn't lie, lie, lie there'd be no bullying cabal.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
As this was exactly the same time as data squiggle was looking for answers and mentioning legalities, and book deadlines being pushed back, the walls must've been closing in.
It’s just so funny that she thinks these things are viable excuses to regulatory bodies like the ICO or big big HMRC.

We’ve got a lot to unpack but can we pls take a moment to consider what it means when a person with *one* Cypriot grandparent starts speaking down about the (alleged!) genetic traits of that race… very uncomfortable and idk how she doesn’t get dragged for this more often.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Related thought:

I've just recently come across and article online about the evils of Tattle (usual stuff). I don't doubt that there are some awful threads on here (I briefly wandered into Meghan and Harry once and quickly retreated) and there are posts on this thread using language or making statements I wouldn't, but we all have different sensibilities, which is fine. But this whole handwringing by the press and these bloggers/influencers is ridiculous. The whole reason a site like Tattle exists and the whole reason there are now over 200 threads on Jack is because the press enables this lying and grifting.

The Guardian publishes
  • a series of articles with lies upon lies which could have been all questioned with a bit of fact checking.

We, the readers, see these discrepancies and have questions. If the press/media did their job OR stopped giving blatant liers a platform, there'd be no need for Tattle. This is also true for the Jameela Jamil and Vonny threads (and no doubt most threads on here, I just don't know most of the people).

I do hope i am not one of the posters you disagree with. I do try to be subjective in what i say, im not nasty, sometimes i will call her a twit when i am particularly cross with her but its more venting than mean.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
By way of light relief, I enclose a pic of one of the challenges from a recent Taskmaster... the task was to identify by taste the contents of five different plastic bags full of brown slops. You could also choose to blend the five slops, and this is what the combined slops looked like with an explanation of the ingredients...
image001.png

I hope this doesn't give anyone recipe ideas. Or nightmares.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 55
It’s just so funny that she thinks these things are viable excuses to regulatory bodies like the ICO or big big HMRC.

We’ve got a lot to unpack but can we pls take a moment to consider what it means when a person with *one* Cypriot grandparent starts speaking down about the (alleged!) genetic traits of that race… very uncomfortable and idk how she doesn’t get dragged for this more often.
I think it's because she lies by omission... I would honestly assume she was 2nd gen if I didn't frequent this forum.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Related thought:

The Guardian publishes

Handwringing by sites that allow ugly comments under their reports (and fail to properly moderate them) is hypocritical. Also, if you judge people for being on a site like this which is deemed to be 'bullying' and you post that judgement on Twitter (a site with lots of bullying) then you're being a bit obtuse. Your membership and use of Twitter help to fund the platform.

I am also wondering if she is involved with Baddiels' programme.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
I think it's because she lies by omission... I would honestly assume she was 2nd gen if I didn't frequent this forum.
Possibly because she literally described herself as a "second gen immigrant" 😂 (damn, I'm still here).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.