Jack Monroe #212 Oh shhh, grenaaaaaade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
By way of light relief, I enclose a pic of one of the challenges from a recent Taskmaster... the task was to identify by taste the contents of five different plastic bags full of brown slops. You could also choose to blend the five slops, and this is what the combined slops looked like with an explanation of the ingredients...
View attachment 804648
I hope this doesn't give anyone recipe ideas. Or nightmares.
I've seen less appetizing food on JMs instra, usually with a snotty egg on top!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Also on her ~Cypriot features~ this assumes one white monolith surely? There will be black and brown Cypriots who won’t or can’t have the features Jack assigns as exclusive or special to Cypriots. We all need to do better in speaking about race but it’s unforgivable for a “journalist” to be like this post social media forcing them to feign interest in BLM

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I do hope i am not one of the posters you disagree with. I do try to be subjective in what i say, im not nasty, sometimes i will call her a twit when i am particularly cross with her but its more venting than mean.
Argh, no, I don't want anyone to feel bad. People can say what they like. Certain things I wouldn't say, but that's my personal business. I'm sure I say things others disagree with.

I love all the dear hearts on this thread.

Also on her ~Cypriot features~ this assumes one white monolith surely? There will be black and brown Cypriots who won’t or can’t have the features Jack assigns as exclusive or special to Cypriots. We all need to do better in speaking about race but it’s unforgivable for a “journalist” to be like this post social media forcing them to feign interest in BLM
#cypriottruther

I only recently confidently stated that Paul Hollywood was Cypriot and his surname was made up. A quick google by my husband set me right. Must have been a fever dream.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Breakdown = taking nice arty black and white headshot. Yes because that’s what you do when that happens.

I am assuming this is the start of abandoning food as the subject of her main income and moving on to addiction/mental health.
I follow mostly creative people and they have content on tap from doing that they do - art, cookery etc. It’s always shown how disinterested in food she is by the lack of content she produces. An actual cook would cook every day and it’s clear she never has. There’s flurries of some brown stuff and then nothing for ages.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Possibly because she literally described herself as a "second gen immigrant" 😂 (damn, I'm still here).
Ah yes, the foreign country of Northern Ireland... I know that's a tricky subject but pretty sure her Mum is Unionist as well so definitely wouldnt be the case! So when I moved to London from Wales for a few years did that make me a first gen immigrant? 🥴 She chats so much shite.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Argh, no, I don't want anyone to feel bad. People can say what they like. Certain things I wouldn't say, but that's my personal business. I'm sure I say things others disagree with.

I love all the dear hearts on this thread.

#cypriottruther

I only recently confidently stated that Paul Hollywood was Cypriot and his surname was made up. A quick google by my husband set me right. Must have been a fever dream.
Actually he worked in Cyprus in hotels for a good while at the start of his career, I think I saw a programme where he went back for a visit.
I’ve totally forgotten what it was but there was something posted in yesterday’s Narc epic which made me think -oh you’re laying the foundations for that, are you- shall need to regrunk

Reactions: 26
Also to say - there were two teacher incidents earlier in the year.
One was the allegations about the primary school teacher who became a stalker, which was still up the last time I looked, this was in March, then later the attempted pile on to the Secondary Head of the super-formal behaviour school.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Annnnnd I've caught up....
Bloody hell, she's back with a bang isn't she?
That before and after pic thing is hilarious. So obviously taken on the same day!
It just confirms my theory (alongside other Fraus) that something big is coming up that she can't wriggle out of. She needs all this performative bullshit as a 'get out of jail free card' (a little Monopoly reference there Jack. You can use that next time you pretend to play games with your kid and plaster the 'proof' on SM to show you are a good parent.)
She's just setting up a sob story to be used in defence or as mitigating circumstances.
Oh and Strictly? Really Jack? They turned you down.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Oh I remember- apparently hashtag recovery posse are on twitter and have pulled her back from the brink/put the light back in her eyes/ whatever. Well they are on twitter so I guess Jack HAS to go on that hellsite. For recovery, you see.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Ah yes, the foreign country of Northern Ireland... I know that's a tricky subject but pretty sure her Mum is Unionist as well so definitely wouldnt be the case! So when I moved to London from Wales for a few years did that make me a first gen immigrant? 🥴 She chats so much shite.
Tbf, i am a northern irish unionist and when i went to England alot of people kept asking me did i come from the south?! I was like i sound nothing like a southener?! Personally i think they have the nicer accent. 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Tbf, i am a northern irish unionist and when i went to England alot of people kept asking me did i come from the south?! I was like i sound nothing like a southener?! Personally i think they have the nicer accent. 😉
That's just the English, we think all Welsh people should sound like Rob Brydon too. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Anything past the Watford Gap is 'the north' to me! Hahaahahaha.

I wonder how Jack is feeling this morning? All the confessions and then the narc high with biccies in bed. She must be exhausted.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I love picking scabs so I have been going over her unspoilered Twitter posts from last night. I have put the discussion below behind a spoiler because I found what she wrote last night really upsetting (yet I continue to pore over it 🥺) and I don’t want people in a similar situation to read further without warning.
She claims she was hiding what she was going through throughout lockdown from everyone in her life. We are only observers, yet it was obvious to us that she was not well and going through a crisis of some kind. Furthermore, if I remember, there were numerous instances of her posting that things were not going well. So she did know it, she didn’t conveniently isolate it.

All of the mess that was put online yesterday was performative. As ever, there are elements of truth. She wasn’t well last year, she may well have come off the wagon earlier this year, she is now sober. But these minor truths are wrapped up in so much paper of lies that it is hard for us to see those truths, but even harder for her followers to see the lies . It leaves those of us who are used of her cycling of recovery, tired, wondering where we are going wrong, why we aren’t looking like A M-M ( thanks Silver 🥰 for that image) and when we will finally start to feel light behind our eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I honestly thought most of the breakdown was due to L leaving

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I wonder how Jack is feeling this morning? All the confessions and then the narc high with biccies in bed. She must be exhausted.
Such an interesting question. I wonder if it's like the shame you feel after a drunken night as you piece the bits together, and check your phone to see if the blurry memories are real?

I don't think it would feel refreshing and liberating, more like twisting an already wonky ankle as you fall down another set of stairs and wake up with an unknown stranger

Free overblown examples with my every comment!

(Seriously, if this is over the top or risks hurting anyone, tell me and I'll delete)

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.