Jack Monroe #211 Undercover Tory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, going to put this behind a spoiler because I'm talking about suicide.

I actually think it's no coincidence that Jack's thread came the day after the inquest into the death of a young mum from Lancashire, which was widely reported in the press. She apparently had to wait 17 days for a face to face appointment, and before that date came, she took her own life. It's a horribly tragic case and only a monster would attempt to appropriate it for clicks and cash.
Edit - to clarify, she was able to see her GP who recommended her to a mental health crisis team, and it was while waiting for an appointment with the latter that she committed suicide.
Then she is lower than a snakes belly. I hadn't heard about that story. That poor woman.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
"Best-ever Chilli"...? I'll be the judge of that...

(Except I won't, because there's no chance of me ever making that ..)
Tbf though, it’s “Mumma Jack’s” best ever, so that’s a pretty low bar.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Can Lurkers without tattle accounts click into spoilered posts? I know they can't see screenshots but I've never been sure about the spoilers.

Tbf though, it’s “Mumma Jack’s” best ever, so that’s a pretty low bar.
I mean, yes, let's be fair, it probably beats Jack's microwaved chilli.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Sorry to mention that Theranos podcast yet again but was listening to another episode today & was nodding along to it all as John Carreyou was saying how Elizabeth Holmes used the media on the way up but in the end they were the undoing of her. That whole downfall started with one lab nerd who had a blog on dodgy medical practice pulled at a loose string and the whole story unravelled. He wasn’t equipped to deal with it alone so got a squad together (eg all 500+ of us!) and before you know it Forbes review her net worth down from 4bil to £0, a major publication rescinds its glowing puff piece with a damning byline, etc etc.

I get that this was a major financial fraud with devastating real world implications for ppl that received bad blood results but honestly what would it take for Jack’s absurd poverty tax Ponzi scheme to receive similar scrutiny in the press/even just aware people on social media? There are clearly journos who have their doubts, there’s been subtle subtweets (that money bloke journo who went private remember?) so they all bleeping know but no one wants to say anything? Surely when she’s continuing to profiteer off of other people’s lived misery in 2021 someone has to say enough is enough love you’ve made your money now kindly duck OFF!
They all know but nobody will say anything now because of the Katie Hopkins debacle. And also the jk Rowling effect.
Anyone who slates her will be roundly accused of both being a neo nazi and a cis terf terrorist to boot.
It's too sticky a subject to touch without getting fingers burned (mixed metaphors not withstanding)
I have journo friends who steer well clear of anything vaguely linked to gender discusion as the backlash is huge.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
... and why would she put wine in and argggh
She rinses the baked beans covers with water and boils rapidly for 10 minutes. Can you imagine what they would look like after boiling for 10 minutes? Tinned beans are already cooked so just need heating through. She says "when the beans are softened", they are already soft ya prune.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Actually I think that might be one of the few credible things that Jack has said. Although I would like to know who has been reporting her to the Crown Prosecution Services, and why.

And if Jack does mean children's services, having poor mental health doesn't mean you are not a good parent - you may just need extra support.
Really? I moved recently and both my previous doctors in London and my one in the sticks can get you a same day appointment if you ring in the morning. Doesn’t have to be an emergency even. I rolled my eyes to be honest. Would be interesting to know if anyone is actually experiencing what Jack says she is. I think we all just assume things like that are true when it comes to the NHS but in practice I find they often aren’t, at least with GP appointments these days now they tend to be on the phone. Jack’s probably benefitting from that assumption to get pity (as she does)

Reactions: 24
They all know but nobody will say anything now because of the Katie Hopkins debacle. And also the jk Rowling effect.
Anyone who slates her will be roundly accused of both being a neo nazi and a cis terf terrorist to boot.
It's too sticky a subject to touch without getting fingers burned (mixed metaphors not withstanding)
I have journo friends who steer well clear of anything vaguely linked to gender discusion as the backlash is huge.
Totally agree. It would be perceived as punching down rather than holding to account because of the complexity of the actual situation (a good 8 paragraphs to even start to unpick) and the simplicity of the fake messaging (summed up in a sentence - single parent with disabilities experiencing food poverty).

Reactions: 28
Totally agree. It would be perceived as punching down rather than holding to account because of the complexity of the actual situation (a good 8 paragraphs to even start to unpick) and the simplicity of the fake messaging (summed up in a sentence - single parent with disabilities experiencing food poverty).
I mean, if they couldn't even be bothered doing a follow-up story to the kickstarter, asking what happened to the money and why it didn't get delivered until after she'd also got money from a publisher for the exact same project (an absolute gift of a story for any decent "journo"), then they're not going to do a deep dive into her other, less obvious cons. Doesn't help that a paper like the Guardian actually enabled said kickstarter, and pointed people in its direction when she was scamming raising the money. https://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/dec/04/kickstarter-delivers-on-jack-monroes-latest-cookbook

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
I thought the exact same thing. It immediately sounded strange to me. Much more natural to say 'us' here as, she's just referred to her son and the question is about being a parent (single NOT lone, btw).
I would have said keeping my son fed,clean and happy. I would literally do without everything to make sure my kids had everything. She only cares about herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
She actually has 3 (was sad enough to go on Insta to count once) and in fairness this is the cheaper summer scarf that unfortunately looks like it’s sold by one of those tourist shops round Leicester Square 🤮. Timeline wise once LJC was on the scene she treated herself to two cashmere ones.

This is why outside of scamming vulnerable people I don’t actually care about Jack’s relative financial privileges weirdly? You could gift her £100k and come back 6 months later and she’d not have a penny left of it nor anything to show for it. She’s been given so many golden gooses of opportunities and not only squandered them through being thick but then & rinsed the proceeds to boot, so she’s not even a good scammer, she is just a personal finance sleep paralysis demon.
BiB has me absolutely 🦉
Just keep imagining waking up unable to move with Jack sat on my chest in her yellow anorak, eating boiled eggs whole and snarling something about late tax returns.

Can't bring myself to comment on her recent Twatter bullshit because she's starting to trigger me fraus and herrs, you've all said everything I'm thinking though 🙏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Speaking of demons, check out Jack's lizard eyes in the photo in that Guardian article BTW. Total nightmare fuel.

Jack Monroe

Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 10.47.53.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
My GPs had to change to phoning in the morning ,hoping you get through and then either a doctor or a nurse phones you back. During lockdown I haven't spoken to my own gp but did speak to another doctor few months back .My condition has been ongoing for decades due to anxiety I couldn't bring myself to phone during lockdown as I didn't know who I would speak to . I was lucky I have a good community support team and cpn.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I mean, if they couldn't even be bothered doing a follow-up story to the kickstarter, asking what happened to the money and why it didn't get delivered until after she'd also got money from a publisher for the exact same project (an absolute gift of a story for any decent "journo"), then they're not going to do a deep dive into her other, less obvious cons. Doesn't help that a paper like the Guardian actually enabled said kickstarter, and pointed people in its direction when she was scamming raising the money. https://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/dec/04/kickstarter-delivers-on-jack-monroes-latest-cookbook
Every time I see her name in conjunction with The Guardian I'm forcibly taken back to that arse-clenching fluff piece from Zoe Williams where she called her the most inspirational living person (or something similarly ridic) and compared her to Joan of Arc.

Speaking of demons, check out Jack's lizard eyes in the photo in that Guardian article BTW. Total nightmare fuel.

Jack Monroe

View attachment 801613
The new Conjuring film looks a bit low budget...

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Just been thinking about her moaning about people reporting her. For the record i have never reported her to anyone for any reason. She's a triggering bullshitter but i no desire to DOB her in. She has to live with her own conscience.

I do feel some of her latest breakdown is die to the fact that she was literally on the tv and the majority of her squiggles said nothing till she had literally posted she was there. I think reailty is settling in and she knows that her one time fame is waining and that younger, talented and more equipped people are taking over.

Sadly thats life in showbiz.

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.