Jack Monroe #211 Undercover Tory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here's what she said about Cooper:

(16 April 2020)
Screenshot_20200716-153720.jpg

Possibly where the sick kitten/kittens came from.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
duck's sake.

How many litters has that poor bleeping cat been put through by now? I know I'd be hard pressed not to want one every single time, but that's an instinctive response, not a logical, practical or in any way ethical reaction.

Come on, show those principles and stop facilitating a backyard breeder/moron who doesn't believe in neutering cats.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
View attachment 801729

She’s juuuuuust visiting.
It's like yesterday's cry for help never happened. Jack was self harming and suicidal she couldn't function and needed immediate psychiatric intervention.

Medication wasn't working, GP was no help, her MH could scarcely be worse. Today, watching kittens, visiting friends (that she should have been calling yesterday) and tweeting as if the world is fine and dandy.

Do you think she has coined in enough from her tip jar to miraculously remove those bees in her head? And no, it's not me or any of my family, though I am sure some of my comments have riled her.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
"a mom". Oh duck off

There's a photo of a Cooperish kitten on Jack's original Instagram...dated 2012..

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Can someone please remind me if we did a poll of what brought people to Jackttle?

Reactions: 16
I have just had a thought. Jack said that she had been waiting 9 days for an appointment with the GP. She has been at Brighton, Manchester and London during this time "retelling" the poverty, and it was this retelling that has caused the depths of depression. But she only finished going "to conference" and her TV work on 6th, followed by an evening with her local councillor Mr Dent. It wasn't until she got home on the 7th that she said that her MH had taken a battering.

To quote Jack " My mental health is shot after a week of speaking at Party conferences and media about my own worst experiences,". So why did she arrange an appointment in advance? Was this just in case she became ill? I have never pre-empted a MH illness, though I have had (more than) one.

Now here's the rub, how did she know 9 days before that her MH would be so bad that she needed an appointment? Even if she thought that may be the case, would she ask for appointment just in case? What if the doctor had scheduled the appointment for when she was "at conference" or in a public place where it was impossible to talk?

Did Jack appear to be in need of urgent psychiatric help when on a train to Brighton just 10 days before tweeting about Opal fruits and being late "at conference"? It is all just nonsense. If she knew she needed a doctors appointment 9 days ago, that her MH was in a fragile state, why go through with the retelling of the poverty "at conference" and on TV, because that would only exacerbate the MH problems.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
Can someone please remind me if we did a poll of what brought people to Jackttle?
I’m a newbie who has lurked for a long time until posting recently. I always found her a bit annoying but felt bad about it as she was ‘doing good’ etc. I used to frequent mumsnet a long time ago and the fawning on there was unreal and frankly nauseating. When she’d turn up on threads to lap up compliments… ffs!

I then saw her ‘debate’ with Edwina Currie where EC owned her good and proper. I’m no fan of EC (not even a little bit) but it was *chef’s kiss*.
All I can remember of it was Jack bleating/tantrumming “YEAH, BUT I FAILED!!!!” as EC challenged her on her so-called working class upbringing and the fact she attended a grammar school, Y’know? In contrast to her pov tales of woe.
It confirmed to me that she was indeed a poverty tourist bellend.

I found Tattle after Jack joined the Mrs Gloss makeup group on Facebook and proceeded to make everything about herself, posted herself a millionty times per day with thirsty comments. Users were falling all over themselves to compliment her and you could tell she loved it.
She never paid other posters the same courtesy though, only interacting on her own posts and ensuring the spotlight was on her. I googled ‘Jack Monroe annoying’ or similar and found my people.

After I found here and dipped in and out a bit, until finally I decided to make the effort, catch up on the threads and join in.

I’m not saying that I don’t believe this latest mental health chaos of here, but I don’t believe this latest mental health chaos of hers.

• Heart
Reactions: 92
What it suggests to me is that someone she knows is breeding kittens. They look suspiciously like the Jack's previous kitten and whoever gave her that one is completely irresponsible.
I hope not.
Really? I moved recently and both my previous doctors in London and my one in the sticks can get you a same day appointment if you ring in the morning. Doesn’t have to be an emergency even. I rolled my eyes to be honest. Would be interesting to know if anyone is actually experiencing what Jack says she is. I think we all just assume things like that are true when it comes to the NHS but in practice I find they often aren’t, at least with GP appointments these days now they tend to be on the phone. Jack’s probably benefitting from that assumption to get pity (as she does)
You are extremely fortunate.

Across my borough to get a same day appointment you need to phone at 8am. If you can get through, and usually it is the engaged tone, all the appointments are gone by 8.30

The only other option is to make an appointment, if any are available , for a date maybe weeks away. This can be up to six weeks. This has been the case for several years.

Last time I needed an appointment, after 3 days of trying to get through, I was advised to go in to the walk in centre. Six hour wait before I was admitted for IV antibiotics etc, so it was a genuine emergency.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.