Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hon hon hon, c'est moi, Monsieurmamselle Jacques! Donnez-moi vos argent, je suis pauvre et j'ai besoin le beurre et des sideboards. J'adore les oeufs. Merciavous x.

french jack.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 108

SweetTransvestite

VIP Member
Screenshot_20211008-140655_Chrome.jpg

...but do have have a flick through my best selling book
"Good Food for Bad Days"
written specifically for when you feel like this 🙏🏼💰📕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 102

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
How *does* she manage to fit that low-waged part time job in??
ETA OK own up, who is it exactly who keeps reporting her to the Crown Prosecution Services for having depression?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97
Lads I am in a vile mood today and having read those tweets I now have a zillion angry bees in my head all saying 'Jack's a cunt'. She's always flip-flopping between Endless Suffering Jack and The Light's Back Jack and since the throwaway psychotic breakdown comment any sympathy I might have had has slowly, softly and gently been boiled off from my emotional slow cooker containing a figurative riff on ribollita. This is just the triggering and irresponsible abuse accusation thread all over again, this time throwing the NHS under the bus. I'm sure there are many of us here struggling at the moment, we just haven't felt the need to clomp about all over the thread with woe-is-me tales trying to one-up each other for meaningless likes from faceless trolls on a gossip site.

I will of course be making a note of everyone who doesn't like this post though, you'll be going straight in the lever arch files.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 96

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Just because we know Jack can put on one of those smiles anytime she wants, here is one in the middle of the time she was talking about above (4th May 2021).

View attachment 803792
(Edit- I do feel for her, I do, but

1. Are we the bullies?
2. Before and after pictures really are not my thing and should not be used in regards to MH in my opinion.
3. I am not convinced the therapy has worked with respect to SM.)
Yes, I say with 100% certainty we’re the “bullies”. I can show you 10 pictures of me (I hate having my picture taken) where if I thought back, I could pinpoint I wasn’t feeling great mentally. It’s what “we do” isn’t it? I have never, ever taken a photograph or asked someone else to take a photo of me when I feel like utter shit. Odd behaviour imo.

I can guarantee nothing she said in her Step 4 would shock or horrify most people in AA. I have been blessed with opportunities to sponsor and I know that whatever anyone writes in their 4 and shares in their 5 is important to them, it’s eaten away at them for a long time and they recognise the importance of freeing themselves from it. Never once have I been shocked because life experience and attending AA meetings over a number of years have opened my eyes to the harrowing reality of some people’s lives. She’s always got to be the “best” or the “worst” at everything.

I pray Jack has a good sponsor, one not prepared to take her bullshit - I certainly walked into meetings with an appalling attitude of entitlement and feeling like I’d had it so much worse than everyone else, and it was the honest people of AA who had seen thousands of people with the same attitude who helped me get on track.

This whole “you could write a book about my therapy sessions” bullshit gets on my wick too. Everyone has history, everyone has baggage, everyone has issues. Why not just be grateful you either get your therapy from the NHS or you can afford to pay privately and BE HUMBLE.

For someone talking aboutself-harm and suicide on an open platform the other day, she’s showing an alarming lack of awareness for her followers. I’m done with this walloper, I’m off to punch myself squarely in the face. I’ve had a shitty day myself today. Maybe I’ll feel better if I took a picture of my sad face and pop it on my socials for my wee group of followers to ask why I’m behaving like a tit!

• Heart
Reactions: 94

MancBee

VIP Member
I have just had a thought. Jack said that she had been waiting 9 days for an appointment with the GP. She has been at Brighton, Manchester and London during this time "retelling" the poverty, and it was this retelling that has caused the depths of depression. But she only finished going "to conference" and her TV work on 6th, followed by an evening with her local councillor Mr Dent. It wasn't until she got home on the 7th that she said that her MH had taken a battering.

To quote Jack " My mental health is shot after a week of speaking at Party conferences and media about my own worst experiences,". So why did she arrange an appointment in advance? Was this just in case she became ill? I have never pre-empted a MH illness, though I have had (more than) one.

Now here's the rub, how did she know 9 days before that her MH would be so bad that she needed an appointment? Even if she thought that may be the case, would she ask for appointment just in case? What if the doctor had scheduled the appointment for when she was "at conference" or in a public place where it was impossible to talk?

Did Jack appear to be in need of urgent psychiatric help when on a train to Brighton just 10 days before tweeting about Opal fruits and being late "at conference"? It is all just nonsense. If she knew she needed a doctors appointment 9 days ago, that her MH was in a fragile state, why go through with the retelling of the poverty "at conference" and on TV, because that would only exacerbate the MH problems.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92

Bunmog

Can someone please remind me if we did a poll of what brought people to Jackttle?
I’m a newbie who has lurked for a long time until posting recently. I always found her a bit annoying but felt bad about it as she was ‘doing good’ etc. I used to frequent mumsnet a long time ago and the fawning on there was unreal and frankly nauseating. When she’d turn up on threads to lap up compliments… ffs!

I then saw her ‘debate’ with Edwina Currie where EC owned her good and proper. I’m no fan of EC (not even a little bit) but it was *chef’s kiss*.
All I can remember of it was Jack bleating/tantrumming “YEAH, BUT I FAILED!!!!” as EC challenged her on her so-called working class upbringing and the fact she attended a grammar school, Y’know? In contrast to her pov tales of woe.
It confirmed to me that she was indeed a poverty tourist bellend.

I found Tattle after Jack joined the Mrs Gloss makeup group on Facebook and proceeded to make everything about herself, posted herself a millionty times per day with thirsty comments. Users were falling all over themselves to compliment her and you could tell she loved it.
She never paid other posters the same courtesy though, only interacting on her own posts and ensuring the spotlight was on her. I googled ‘Jack Monroe annoying’ or similar and found my people.

After I found here and dipped in and out a bit, until finally I decided to make the effort, catch up on the threads and join in.

I’m not saying that I don’t believe this latest mental health chaos of here, but I don’t believe this latest mental health chaos of hers.

• Heart
Also i dont mean to sterotype but isnt the first pic like a classic hobo pic? Its interesting that she chose to use that photo rather then the one with her wearing the diana jumper... She carefully picked the one where she looks like someone down on their luck and then one with her smartly dressed.

I dress pretty much the same all the time, so if i was drunk i would look the same as i always do unless i was out out.

Perhaps i have gotten it wrong though.
Channelling Ian Beale’s troubled era

• Haha

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Rant incoming…..

1. I think her ‘part-time low paid job’ is Jack being tricksy with words. She thinks she is a single mum 1/2 the time and a journo/campaigner/twat/cook/insert whatever the f*** you want the rest. Because her pay for these gigs has massively dropped off in recent months she now thinks she is low paid. Compared to the PM? Yes. Compared to society in general? No effing way.

2. As said upthread she cannot comment on Mrs Rish Mate’s dubious furlough activities when she is taking patreon payments from squigs with nothing to show for them and failing to pay her taxes. She is a duplicitous bottom feeder.

3. Her claims that she has gone to the CPC are absolutely abhorrent. Anyone who cares about society at all wouldn’t be seen dead near that guffawing set of inbeciles. They are singlehandedly ruining our country. She wasn’t shouting, they weren’t scared. Her morals went the same way as her cooking ability circa 2018.

4. If she wants to see what living on UC is like (rather than swanning around in £90 leggings in a house filled with furniture costing a thousand pounds apiece) she should come and work in my charity shop. I see what food shopping people buy, what people actually spend their money on and what they donate when things no longer fit or are of use. She is out of touch, a liar and fits whatever shape is needed depending on the monetary handout.

5. I don’t need the granola. She can keep it. I would rather she went and became the proper #youngtory like she actually is because I have heard they are low in number at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 91

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I’ve borrowed this pic from @Silver Linings:

762F87D2-C35A-4B63-B512-8DE13C458024.jpeg

This is my least favourite Jack - the woe is me, martyr who LOVES to talk about her, ahem, poverty experience. This is Margaret Aspinall:

70B18989-F6E3-497A-AB01-78D151407E8F.jpeg

She lost her 18-year-old son in the Hillsborough tragedy in 1989. She is 75-years-old and she STILL campaigns tirelessly for justice for those who lost their lives.

Jack, turning up at two Fringe events to talk about yourself for 10 minutes is not helping. You have not campaigned for 10 years, behave! It’s not brave, it’s not selfless it’s shameless - you pretend you care but you don’t. You’re like a jukebox - feed you with cash and you’ll play whatever they want you to. You know what they say, empty vessels make the loudest noises…

• Heart
Reactions: 90

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
She thinks she's in Les Mis doesn't she
I dreamed a dream in tweets gone by
When laughs were many and threads moved quickly
I dreamed, of egg, of fish, of pie.
I dreamed that Mom would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And eggs were burned and used and wasted
There was no recipe left unmade
No tweet unliked, no slop untasted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
100% agree with this. Also yoga, exercise, fresh air. Those are really helpful for improving your mental health. I think the frustration comes when by the time you ask for help and someone tells you this, it seems like a really hard thing to do. But honestly, going for a walk on the beach would be really good for her right now.
Totally agree with everything you said. I totally get that telling people going for a walk can help often doesn't help if they have no other help going on, but for me when I'd been on the meds and had the CBT for a few months, getting outside really helped. I will always remember the day I turned a massive corner - I had been walking round the museums and galleries in London for weeks as they pushed me with my agoraphobia as they were enclosed and open enough if that makes sense? Covent Garden was a similar place to make me feel ok, I had a day where I was walking through and stopped to listen to a student opera singer, and I finally felt a glimmer of happiness and thought 'you know what? I can beat this'. I then went and bought a disgustingly expensive candle I could not afford, but I light it for a short time every time I feel low, and it reminds me of that feeling I had that day. Jack needs to find something that makes her happy in a similar way I think - and I really hope she does!

• Heart
Reactions: 84

MancBee

VIP Member
I have been having a bit of a bad time at the moment, but have not written here about it. I have been out for walks with friends nearly every day this week, just chatting about nothing in particular. Fresh air, seeing the grass and trees, being with someone who cares, all helps.

I have in the past completed courses on mindfulness, CBT techniques, wellbeing courses and MIND self help groups, all in addition to pharmaceutical interventions. No one strategy works alone, but there does have to be some effort by the person, no matter how hard.

I am surprised that at least one of her three therapists she has on speed dial has not pointed her in the direction of coping strategies that they think would suit her. Indeed I am surprised with three therapist and months in therapy in London (see aparthotel) she needs the NHS intervention at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Jack, get off Twitter. Get off Tattle. Look after your mental health and leave the campaigning to other people. Not only are they much better than you (soz), but you are clearly not cut out for it. There's no shame in that. I'm not cut out for synchronised swimming. We all have our limits.

You once told me I was entitled and demanding. I demand now that you stop using social media. Good luck. X

• Heart
Reactions: 79