Jack Monroe #211 Undercover Tory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hole in One @Lanie. She knows she's done so much damage to her prospects that it's affecting her MH. The best thing she can do is accept she's had her run and that she is temperamentally unsuited to public life and should not work with vulnerable people. If she was truly committed, she'd be able to find ways of broadening her reach and wouldn't resent the uplifting of others. In fact, she'd be looking to establish meaningful links with them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I take back my double dip Guardian/observer article statement.

This is the worst thing that could happen after a week like this.
😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Jack really does think Instagram and Twitter are two hermetically sealed entities with no crossover.

After last night's Twitter wailing, we now get cosy cuddly Saturday Jack

Leave the kittens alone you narcissistic attention seeking twit

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Oh please no Jack. Look after the pet(s) you have already. If you are on the edge of a really bad place this is not the time to take on more responsibility and costs.

Odd that was posted just as the head of news at C4 arrived at her holiday destination and went straight to the pool.

Slightly off topic: this morning Miguel Barclay posted a story about TV. He said he had a TV show, then he was replaced at the last minute. It's worth watching, shows how hard it is to be a TV cook/chef

• Heart
Reactions: 45
This may be a controversial opinion but here goes. Cooper is healthy and obviously loves Jack, as much as cats can. If she gets a healthy kitten and looks after it properly and she just bangs on about that rather than suicide or self harm then I have no issue.

Reactions: 38
A displacement of the need to properly and appropriately look after herself (which she cannot do) onto a living creature is wrong. Heal yourself first. Do the work. Yes it is boring, uncomfortable and frustrating and (more critically for Jack) invisible to social media, but it is necessary. Try DBT.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Hole in One @Lanie. She knows she's done so much damage to her prospects that it's affecting her MH. The best thing she can do is accept she's had her run and that she is temperamentally unsuited to public life and should not work with vulnerable people. If she was truly committed, she'd be able to find ways of broadening her reach and wouldn't resent the uplifting of others. In fact, she'd be looking to establish meaningful links with them.
She will always have her cult followers, but then again even one hit wonders have them.
She needs to get to grips with herself and stop the pity party. ( Not making light of MH) but after a while you do need to snap out of it enough to function. Her son needs her, the twitter folk do not.

Why does she want a kitten?

Eta if you cannot function yourself pet a kitten will not do it for you.

This screams to me like a very lonely very desperate for love woman.

Why does she want a kitten?

Eta if you cannot function yourself pet a kitten will not do it for you.

This screams to me like a very lonely very desperate for love woman.

Those kittens look very young hopefully it just someone saying here come have a cuddle, but i hope they are sensible cat owners and will not let kittens go to just anyone.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
This may be a controversial opinion but here goes. Cooper is healthy and obviously loves Jack, as much as cats can. If she gets a healthy kitten and looks after it properly and she just bangs on about that rather than suicide or self harm then I have no issue.
What it suggests to me is that someone she knows is breeding kittens. They look suspiciously like the Jack's previous kitten and whoever gave her that one is completely irresponsible.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I mean, if they couldn't even be bothered doing a follow-up story to the kickstarter, asking what happened to the money and why it didn't get delivered until after she'd also got money from a publisher for the exact same project (an absolute gift of a story for any decent "journo"), then they're not going to do a deep dive into her other, less obvious cons. Doesn't help that a paper like the Guardian actually enabled said kickstarter, and pointed people in its direction when she was scamming raising the money. https://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/dec/04/kickstarter-delivers-on-jack-monroes-latest-cookbook
This is one of the problems, legitimate outlets like the Guardian and James O’Brien enable the scamming so that squiggles assume it’s legit.
They assume that the homework has been done otherwise it would not be promoted by them.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
What it suggests to me is that someone she knows is breeding kittens. They look suspiciously like the Jack's previous kitten and whoever gave her that one is completely irresponsible.
Yep, how about rescuing an older one? Thousands stuck in cages or euthanised but no that doesn’t have the cute factor. Let’s support backyard breeders.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
Yep, how about rescuing an older one? Thousands stuck in cages or euthanised but no that doesn’t have the cute factor. Let’s support backyard breeder.

SPOILER
Its also the equivalent of sticking an elastoplast over a gaping wound in regards to fixing her head.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.