Jack Monroe #210 Granola provider? Not so much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly has she given up cooking. Two weeks of " political events" and then silence. Are we due a return of MP for the upcoming election. Vote for slop!!!
I almost miss the “circles in the sand/eye makeup/ bae caught me sat on the step” carefree summer hijack of the kids caravan holiday *sigh*

I found a street food bank last week, outside someone's house. Anyone can take or leave food, toys and books without having to go through the usual channels. Never seen anything like it before!
A few of these have sprung up - community pantry/library/toy library

• Heart
Reactions: 25
JM of the snotty poached egg could probably use this Saint Delia tutorial on how to poach eggs. Not sure on St D's pronunciation of chorizo, and think she should give viable options for the sherry but the recipe looks delicious!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
With the release of Ruby’s and Stanley Tucci’s books, maybe she has realised (correctly) that she should pause slop output for a while.

Obviously Ruby is main swoon but Stanley is swoon too in the Tunnel household (funnily enough Murder One started the Tucci fan club).

Edit-sorry for being a bit odd- the rain here today has been unrelenting and I think it has scrambled a few neurons.
Murder One was brilliant!

I listened to Ruby Tandoh on the How to Fail podcast. She’s asked and talks about her hot-headedness on Twitter, when she called Piers Morgan a sentient ham, and likened Paul Hollywood to talking gammon.
I was waiting for her to mention calling Matt Tebutt a useless, useless prick in defence of Jack, but funnily enough, she didn’t bring that up 😂
I expect Ruby will be doing the rounds now to publicise her new book. I wonder if Saturday Kitchen will invite her on? Or maybe she’s joined Jack on the blacklist due to her being such a rude unpleasant git to Matt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Murder One was brilliant!

I expect Ruby will be doing the rounds now to publicise her new book. I wonder if Saturday Kitchen will invite her on? Or maybe she’s joined Jack on the blacklist due to her being such a rude unpleasant git to Matt.
I feel quite ish about Ruby. On the one hand, what she's doing is very good, and she does write well, but on the other, she still often comes across as a rather petulant little girl.

Reactions: 40
I feel quite ish about Ruby. On the one hand, what she's doing is very good, and she does write well, but on the other, she still often comes across as a rather petulant little girl.
Yes, I know what you mean, although I do appreciate the work she's done raising awareness of eating disorders, how she spoke out against 'wellness' industry and 'clean eating', and how she promotes a healthy mindset towards food and eating.

Reactions: 26
59B414E5-3E56-4686-80E3-12062D9B1B01.jpeg

You can probably tell from the writing style, but the squiggle is Roadside Mum. I know she has her own thread but I wasn’t sure. Interesting how she’s still curating a relationship with Jack, she’s very savvy and I assumed she would have done a bit of research on her.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
We had Ramadan fridges in the UAE- they started just for the holy month but then stayed through the year. People have a fridge outside their house and keep it stocked with water and food (with the help of their neighbours) and anyone who needs it can help themselves. It used to be a huge thing before covid, maybe they will come back next year.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
View attachment 796475
You can probably tell from the writing style, but the squiggle is Roadside Mum. I know she has her own thread but I wasn’t sure. Interesting how she’s still curating a relationship with Jack, she’s very savvy and I assumed she would have done a bit of research on her.
Didn’t we all decide that the supermarket Christmas meals were

A) cheaper
B) needed to be in the oven for less time than Jack’s? (Taste notwithstanding)

Surely point B is a crucial issue this year?

Why don’t people learn?

*bangs head against wall and settles down to watch Murder One while students are reenacting the Battle of the B******* outside.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
You put that so nicely, all I could come up with 'she grates my mushrooms' :m:m

• Haha
Reactions: 26
View attachment 796475
Love if your mate is skint perhaps tell her to just buy her kids and partner presents. Ive told my mates just send me a card this year.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
View attachment 796475
I wish people who beg on the internet for money they don’t deserve from people they don’t know would stop proletising about how to do things on the cheap. Tone deaf.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Did anyone see her on GMB?? I walked in just as they were finished and I was in the middle of something so I couldn’t rewind.

Suzanna Reid said just now Jack had been on with a basket of Smart Price stuff to the value of £20…there looked to be a lot of stuff in the basket. Yes it’ll show what the families will lose out on from today but it’ll feed into the Tory narrative that you can buy a lot for £20 so The Poors don’t need a lot!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
I thought the smart priced stuff was hard to get now?

Does she just keep a basket of it for props?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Did anyone see her on GMB?? I walked in just as they were finished and I was in the middle of something so I couldn’t rewind.

Suzanna Reid said just now Jack had been on with a basket of Smart Price stuff to the value of £20…there looked to be a lot of stuff in the basket. Yes it’ll show what the families will lose out on from today but it’ll feed into the Tory narrative that you can buy a lot for £20 so The Poors don’t need a lot!

Here it is!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
It was for covid. It was said it was only for a short time.

Also why role out the crap crisps, if i am skint crisps are not usually the top of my list, perhaps premote healthy eating love.

To be fair i used to spend 20 quid a week on food when i lived on my own.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.