Jack Monroe #210 Granola provider? Not so much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What if Jack focussed all of ADHD puppy brain and listened real hard to her other panellists at the Labour Conf, so she could furiously scribble down their opinions, to only rehash them for the Tories?

That's why she wants to transcribe them, so she gets all the credit. I really would not put it past her!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
What if Jack focussed all of ADHD puppy brain and listened real hard to her other panellists at the Labour Conf, so she could furiously scribble down their opinions, to only rehash them for the Tories?

That's why she wants to transcribe them, so she gets all the credit. I really would not put it past her!
I second this motion!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I did not see #cathedralfraus happening but am here for it.
I did like it when all the cathedrals on Twitter started comparing how tall/old/ornate/steeply they were. That the MERL and museum Twitter are all I look for there. Show us your ducks was a good one.
The draw a duck thread on here was hysterical

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Her comment about the childhood trauma of food poverty causing issues into adulthood. I 100% believe this is the case but I think, as MR has done, she should also have acknowledged the parents who are doing what they can to make sure their kids don’t know the half of what is going on. Those who don’t eat nearly enough so their kids don’t go without. The ones who are worrying about heating or eating. The ones who are already crying themselves to sleep worrying about Christmas.
I grew up in poverty and a lot of those memories are deliberately vague. Your comment has reminded me of how far I've come and how bloody lucky I truly am. Thank you, lenny, for humbling me and reminding me to be grateful

• Heart
Reactions: 46
All this "I concur" malarkey males me wonder if Jackie has been watching the film "Catch me if you can" The central character is based on con man who impersonates doctors/airline pilots. He got into role watching scenes from Dr Kildare. Do you concur doctor?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
'Even if you think you know it already........because she will embellish it every time to make it seem worse'

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
All this "I concur" malarkey males me wonder if Jackie has been watching the film "Catch me if you can" The central character is based on con man who impersonates doctors/airline pilots. He got into role watching scenes from Dr Kildare. Do you concur doctor?
Every time! Jack is peak 'act like you belong'.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
“Why didn’t I concur?!”
Reminds me of Catch Me If You Can every time!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
At least frank Abagnale jr was good at it. Her attempts her half arsed. Dont think anyone will be looking for her forensic knowledge on anything, they only wheel her out because they know she will turn up full of hot air and old stories.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Jack's old mate Georgia Toffolo was at Conference yesterday. Bet she didn't seek out Jack for a reunion and continuation of their awkward politics chat from way back when.

• Haha
Who has two thumbs and spent this afternoon BUSY listening to Taylor Swift and doing their 20/21 tax return?
It's not Jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Oh no, I'm Jack. I had a train chaos at Ely once. A tree had fallen on the line and the train was stuck about five minutes away from the station for two hours. Naturally I howled and clawed, kicked the conductor's shins and then hopped onto Greater Anglia's Twitter to start a pile-on that I watched play out with unbridled glee, tenting my fingers like Mr Burns while hoofing the travel eggs I'd packed.

Anyway, her handwriting looks tit. It's proper back of fag packet stuff, I'm surprised it's not written on Opal Fruits wrappers.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Oh you'll be starting a chaos! She was clearly so impressed some fraus had commented on her handwriting positively that she just couldn't help herself. You've broken her poor pixie heart now!
Even the idea of a Jack rave about thread ended as quickly as it started. Thanks TS 🤖👍

• Haha
At the risk of sounding repetitive, Jack does have nice handwriting

And I think it is rather sweet that she writes in out in long hand with her smol arthritic pixie hands rather than typing it like most people .

What she's saying is that the photo she posted is the notes for the speech she gave, but she went wildly off-script so she's going to "transcribe" everything she uttered yesterday. Because it's really important stuff, obviously.
In Jack's biopic (Ruby thingy playing Jack)it would start off with Jack in a half empty meeting room reading softly, gently, tremulously from her notes.

As her speech continues, the camera pans round to see the room softly, quietly, gently filling up. Jack's voice grows stronger! more confident! Then she flings away the notes and gives an impassioned speech straight from the heart!

Camera pans around again, the room is full! Men in suits and women in Hobbs dresses are crowded round the door jostling for entrance!

Jack's speech draws to a triumphant conclusion. The audience break out in to spontaneous wild applause! And fade.

In real world, Jack makes an illjudged joke about playground bullies, there are a few uncomfortable titters and some mutters "she shouldn't really say that,"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.