Jack Monroe #210 Granola provider? Not so much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's still a huge liar, but I think she came across OK here and got the key point home.
It was better than I thought it would be, but all this amateur dramatics (going into their homes and ā€œyanking food out their store cupboardā€) doesnā€™t hit the mark for me. She sounded like she was going to burst into tears

Why does she keep getting these ā€˜gigsā€™?? Why not have the woman from the Trussell Trust, who will be better equipped to explain the situation *right now* as they see it? I couldā€™ve gone on there and said itā€™s not a taxi home or a Friday night pizza for some people.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see if the viewers agree that that basket of food could feed an adult and a child for a week.

ETA - Bloody work! If anyone can get screenshots of the Twitter comments (not them all, obvs) Iā€™d appreciate it, thank you ā™„

• Heart
Reactions: 39
This is not a week's food for two people. I wonder why she keeps saying that.

Reactions: 34
View attachment 796475
You can probably tell from the writing style, but the squiggle is Roadside Mum. I know she has her own thread but I wasnā€™t sure. Interesting how sheā€™s still curating a relationship with Jack, sheā€™s very savvy and I assumed she would have done a bit of research on her.
That sounds rude to me. (Dirty minded, I know).

"Quick, quick, where's the toilet? I've got a chocolate candle in my pants."

Sorry for the mental image first thing in the morning. Not sure it's something I would want as a present, why not just give a bar of chocolate?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
It was better than I thought it would be, but all this amateur dramatics (going into their homes and ā€œyanking food out their store cupboardā€) doesnā€™t hit the mark for me. She sounded like she was going to burst into tears

Why does she keep getting these ā€˜gigsā€™?? Why not have the woman from the Trussell Trust, who will be better equipped to explain the situation *right now* as they see it? I couldā€™ve gone on there and said itā€™s not a taxi home or a Friday night pizza for some people.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see if the viewers agree that that basket of food could feed an adult and a child for a week.

ETA - Bloody work! If anyone can get screenshots of the Twitter comments (not them all, obvs) Iā€™d appreciate it, thank you ā™„
A few people have said they don't know where shes shopping as it looks like a ten pound shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
This is not a week's food for two people. I wonder why she keeps saying that.
I genuinely donā€™t think she knows what a standard adult sized portion is. Also the second person she claims it will feed is either a child that isnā€™t with her full time or another adult who takes two bites and says ā€œoh jack, youā€™ve really outdone yourself, Iā€™m stuffedā€

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
IMG_20211006_074733.jpg
i i dont have twitter but saw this tweet. I agree the disabled have been ignored. Youd think she would bang that drum too considering she suffers debilitating illnesses

• Heart
Reactions: 37
@LennyBriscoe The replies are horrific right wing shitbags who will fuel Jackā€™s engine for months. Including people saying about how has she got tattoos etc, ā€˜bumsā€™ need to get a job and other hideous things. One guy saying he works in a game shop and people try to swap food vouchers for games and other lies. If Jack wasnā€™t off twitter sheā€™d be exploding at them. To be fair I want to chuck my phone in the sea.

I just canā€™t understand why nobody sees the inherent contradiction in what she says. If thatā€™s what she can buy why canā€™t everybody. I donā€™t view myself (or any of us tbh) as more clever than anyone else, and even without Tattle or our shared interest in Jack I would still think, hang on, that enforces their point. All the horrible, horrible replies are just Sun insults, not anyone saying that sheā€™s making the point for the tories.

Sigh. She looked nice though, I thought.

ETA - I canā€™t listen to her, the phlegm sound gives me the heave, but you can still see her doing it! Aside from that, she looks well.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
1. Son is not a teenager
2. Edwina has also been on but sadly not at same time
3. That basket is not enough to feed 2 people for a week and still doesn't contain shower gel, toilet roll, cleaning products etc

As has been said, it's the same old comments on Twitter that don't help the cause. I do try to ignore Boris, so really don't remember him saying he can't live on his salary - is that true?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
View attachment 796475
the squiggle is Roadside Mum. Interesting how sheā€™s still curating a relationship with Jack, sheā€™s very savvy and I assumed she would have done a bit of research on her.
Jack is in the limelight, relative to RM, and turning up when someone searches @BootstrapCook gets her some attention. Jack and her basket of food is the same idea as RM tweeting her Chartwells food photo. Also, it isn't one of Jacks regular shops as she can't incorporate the yellow stickers around which she builds her meals.

Reactions: 24
I won't be watching the GMB piece but she will be dining off of this for weeks.

Prepare yourself for some smug 'behind the scenes' posts lads.

• Sick
Reactions: 29
I don't understand the big bag of crisps thing either. She'd have been better swapping it out for some pasta / rice, because as it is I can't see any decent proteins or starches/carbs there. Also this is why I commented about the Too Good to Go app the other day - Morrisons do a big box of fruit and veg for Ā£3.50 or so, people will know that you can get what is immediately apparent in her basket for much cheaper. In short, as usual, she's doing more harm than good.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
"The Ā£20" is trending on twitter, if this doesn't bring her back there nothing will.

• Haha
  • Angry
People are saying such horrible things, 1% about her but if she replies sheā€™ll be implying she is in the same boat as the people sheā€™s claiming to help when lest we forget she was not a tracksuit wearing Jeremy Kyle watcher.

Reactions: 36
I wish people who beg on the internet for money they donā€™t deserve from people they donā€™t know would stop proletising about how to do things on the cheap. Tone deaf.
I have just written an essay on the RoadsideMum thread that was, in essence, your two sentences.

Am I Jack? šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.