Jack Monroe #21 If you cut me do I not bleed mayonnaise? #jacklivesmatter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Other super duper quick 'recipe'.

Put packet of rice into microwave. I particularly like the mushroom ones, but it works with plain, brown, lemon and coriander, spiced, wild rice mixes...

Tip in a big bowl.

Crumble some feta in (other cheeses are available - mozzarella, cubed cheddar, etc), frozen peas, quartered cherry tomatoes, any herbs you fancy/blah/blah/blah. Stir well and allow to cool enough to eat with a big spoon.

The heat makes the peas perfectly hot and edible and starts to melt the cheese.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I have loved the Bad Day (oh that's right I went there) recipe suggestions on here. All duly noted, and now I'm hungry.

My go-tos for those days where brushing my teeth is a gargantuan effort:

Quesadillas. It feels slightly more nutritionally dense than mainlining toast, tbh. I keep tortilla wraps in the freezer for just such a reason!

- Spritz a big frying pan with oil (not Fry Light, former SW-er here, it's the devil's spunk)
- Place one tortilla wrap onto it and let it warm through (or defrost!)
- Sprinkle whatever you fancy on top - cheese and onion; a small tin of refried beans and cheese for maximum softness; cheese and baked beans if you're really feeling it; but if I'm feeling particular functional/like a luxury witch, I posh it up with crumbled goat's cheese, a few spinach leaves, chopped walnuts, and a drizzle of honey
- Pop the other tortilla on top and smoosh the edges down a bit so you get a seal
- Flip when ready
- When browned on both sides, cut into quarters and eat it with your hands like a lil five-year-old.

Frozen fruit salad. I mean, again. We're not talking brain surgery here. I always have a stash of frozen fruit - blueberries, peach slices (!), pineapple chunks - to put into a big bowl of yoghurt if I want something quick, relatively healthy, and tasty. When you know you gotta eat but you don't want to.

ANY KIND OF TART. As a former chonk you will never get me away from pastry. Again, I always have a roll of usually own-brand (chuh) ready to roll puff pastry. I unroll it, and put whatever I fancy on top - tomato puree and cheese and onion; aforementioned goat's cheese and mushroom and spinach; feta and cherry tomatoes; anything really. Baked at 180 for half an hour or so, or until the pastry has risen and the toppings look golden.

Also, I truly and passionately feel that if it's sometimes a loaf of toast with Danpak (copyright law? Never heard of 'er), or a giant bowl of Cheerios (ahem), or a bucket of tea and more Hob Nobs than is reasonable, then that's okay too.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
@Flumps I am salivating at the thought of marinated feta! It also sounds a lot more edible than 80s SciFi toys!

Reactions: 1
OT but That Man is being discussed over on the latest ‘Secret Celeb Gossip’ thread under Celebs. It may please JM to know he is NOT getting an easy time of it!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
How long does it take to post out a book? Bet that blue tick blokie got the stuff she offered to send out about 19 threads back though.
Depends if she has room in her rucksack to carry it with the 18 litres of paint and the copious amount of ink cartridges. If she doesn't it will take a long time.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I've had a crappy day today (yesterday now😳) and I'm not eating much at all which is good for the ongoing diet but could do with some quick and inspiring recipes to tempt me to eat. So nothing from Cacks latest book then. I got the garden done on Sunday and have aching arm muscles, very pleased with myself for getting it done instead of putting it off longer.

@Hunty glad you got some sort of resolution but sorry that you're moving up to an increased dose, also your sunburn looks painful!
Sorry you are having/had a crappy day, big hugs, yay for the garden though, it's done and out of the way and jow you can enjoy it and let your aching body relax.

Food, my go to is pasta, it cooks up so fast and you can have it hot or cold depending what you put on it, I love a pasta salad, but the lemon linguine I did on Sunday was so nice too, but pasta with anything that tickles your fancy is bound to be a winner, with some crusty buttered bread 👌🏻ooft it's making me salivate just thinking about it 🤤😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sorry you are having/had a crappy day, big hugs, yay for the garden though, it's done and out of the way and jow you can enjoy it and let your aching body relax.

Food, my go to is pasta, it cooks up so fast and you can have it hot or cold depending what you put on it, I love a pasta salad, but the lemon linguine I did on Sunday was so nice too, but pasta with anything that tickles your fancy is bound to be a winner, with some crusty buttered bread 👌🏻ooft it's making me salivate just thinking about it 🤤😂
I've just had my tea (chicken parmi pizza and potato gems *so fancy*) and the thought of your lemon pasta is making me want it. There's a version in one of the free supermarket magazines here, and I'm thinking that's going on the menu this week!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just heard there is no live, which is a shame as I was looking forward to talking to her, and despite everything, she does sometimes have some ok and easy recipes - I have all her books except the Vegan one and the depressipes one and I really liked the early ones although I never could bring myself to rinse beans. It may happen later in the week - I get the feeling even they were taken by surprise (the mayo people).

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.