Jack Monroe #21 If you cut me do I not bleed mayonnaise? #jacklivesmatter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Flumps I love all these ideas, simple and delicious. Will definitely be trying tomatoes and feta. Easy to do and tasty especially in the heat.
I'm at the point of Lockdown where I am slightly sick of cooking and cleaning up, these ideas are great.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've had a crappy day today (yesterday now😳) and I'm not eating much at all which is good for the ongoing diet but could do with some quick and inspiring recipes to tempt me to eat. So nothing from Cacks latest book then. I got the garden done on Sunday and have aching arm muscles, very pleased with myself for getting it done instead of putting it off longer.

@Hunty glad you got some sort of resolution but sorry that you're moving up to an increased dose, also your sunburn looks painful!
If you've got a good blender, here's a very easy, nutrient dense and tasty smoothie.

1 banana (the riper the better)
1 cup of frozen berries (I think blueberries or cherries taste best)
1 heaped teaspoon of peanut butter (doesn't matter if smooth or crunchy)
1-2 cubes of frozen spinach
liquid as needed (I use oat milk, but water or any other milk would work)

As our favourite cook would say 'bung it all in', blend on high for 30 seconds or so.

You don't taste the spinach as it's frozen. If your banana is ripe and you choose sweet berries or cherries, you won't need any additional sweetener.

My kids often have this for breakfast. It's easy, sweet, nutty and full of goodness. If you were so inclined, you could even portion up the berries, spinach, banana and peanut butter in the freezer (the banana could be frozen in pieces, you'd just need to blend it a bit longer). I find it easy enough not to bother, plus I only have one small freezer, but I hear that some people have three.

News just in! THAT MAN has done the blackout.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Jack does. Snorkle. I bet the receptionists are her surgery just cringe when she calls for an appointment.

No, she needs to flog her slop book of deprecipes.
Can you imagine the conversation?
Jack - Hello, can I have another appointment please, this is really urgent as I am struggling to learn to drive
Receptionist - No

I should have edited the 'please' out, Jack doesn't do polite.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Moderate damage on the spine. Hmm. Is that where you threw it against the wall?

1591086342996.png

Can you imagine the conversation?
Jack - Hello, can I have another appointment please, this is really urgent as I am struggling to learn to drive
Receptionist - No

I should have edited the 'please' out, Jack doesn't do polite.
Jack - hello, I need an appointment today because I am struggling to learn to drive
Receptionist - No
Jack - Do you know who I AM? You better give me an appointment or I'm going on twitter and complain about how badly people treat me.
Receptionist - Click

Speaking of, did you empty your kitchen bin yet? Asking for the postman.

1591086828795.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
You're such a dreamboat, @Flumps — I've picked up so many recipe ideas from you over these threads and you always write them out with such care and thought put into them. It's really kind. I know these were for @MrsOgre but I shall be nicking them too, so thanks for yet another lovely batch of ideas!
Bless you, but I'm also blatantly just taking the opportunity to talk about one of my favourite subjects, like the obsessive I am. So far you've all been safe from my more obviously obsessive tendencies, best no one ask me about sci-fi toys from the 60s/70s/80s.

I had 2 cornettos for breakfast. :sneaky:
Well this seems like an excellent option.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This is such classic Jack tit. Does anyone in the world go to the doctor because they can't learn to drive?
😂😂😂 Funnily I failed my test twice because of the A13, it goes all the way from central through east to Southend so maybe it has fucked her tit up for her too.

I’d suggest instead of going to the GP (what will they do please!) just book your test for 9am where traffic is so bad you just drive round ur ends at 30mph and they make you do a 3 point turn cos the reverse round a corner bollocks is impossible. Evolve / adapt / overcome init x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster - you've quote the odd tweet and facebook post of mine to Jack in here L) As far as Hellmann's are concerned }t's going ahead - Jack hasn't replied to my tweet. I'm supposed to be on it asking a question so wanted to find out before I sorted all my lights and stuff out. Hellmann's didn't seem to know about Cheta though, or about Blackout Tuesday.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Bless you, but I'm also blatantly just taking the opportunity to talk about one of my favourite subjects, like the obsessive I am. So far you've all been safe from my more obviously obsessive tendencies, best no one ask me about sci-fi toys from the 60s/70s/80s.

Well this seems like an excellent option.
Sci-fi.... from the 80s.... are you Tim from Spaced? I want you to be!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
If the show goes ahead you should definitely know which one I am, not bcos i'm famous though ;)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Superfan still hasn't received her free signed copy. C'mon Jack, take your finger out and get it to her. YOU PROMISED!

1591087975819.png

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.