Jack Monroe #21 If you cut me do I not bleed mayonnaise? #jacklivesmatter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was that the one where she was dropped for implying that David Cameron was capitalising on the tragic loss of his young son for political gain?
Yes it was. I am no fan of David Cameron but it was a disgustingly low blow from Jack.

I'm genuinely pleased at what she's doing. Really hope she uses her platform to amplify people's voices who need them amplified. By Patreon I think she means donating to them. I'll have to see it to believe that she does this and then follows through but think this a really good step forward. My only concern is that the focus is somehow made about her but we'll see I guess.

Reactions: 11
I'm genuinely pleased at what she's doing. Really hope she uses her platform to amplify people's voices who need them amplified. By Patreon I think she means donating to them. I'll have to see it to believe that she does this and then follows through but think this a really good step forward. My only concern is that the focus is somehow made about her but we'll see I guess.
I am not buying it. Call me cynical but unless (don't sue me) here is something big and financially for JM, its all just talk.

Reactions: 14
Eurgh, I’m sorry that’s happened - they’re a horrible bunch aren’t they :/!

I do hope Jack safeguards her guest content creators from the same fate, and yes I’m referring to your rabid Lib Dem fans, NOT tattlers as we are all classy ladies (+honorary ladies) who don’t conduct ourselves that way hun 💅🏻
Unfortunately the extreme left can be just as badly behaved as the extreme right 😕

• Heart
My old boy who is a very smart man (I found his pin number in the salt shaker, don't ask) said that Jacks donations, for whatever they are worth will not come from the heart but as a tax write off expense which will render it worthless.. Only his thoughts Jack so don't sue.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
….. By Patreon I think she means donating to them. I'll have to see it to believe that she does this and then follows through but think this a really good step forward. My only concern is that the focus is somehow made about her but we'll see I guess.

I had never heard the term before this forum, but it just seems incongruous to make outward donations at the same time as requesting them yourself?:unsure:

Reactions: 12
I am not buying it. Call me cynical but unless (don't sue me) here is something big and financially for JM, its all just talk.
Yes to be fair I trust her about as much as I trust the concept of grating corned beef into a lasagne. We shall see. Deeds not words and all that x

Reactions: 13
Spotted that her filings were late a month ago and was staggered. Failure to file is a big deal and she has no excuses. Get a flipping lawyer/accountant and deal with this pronto or there will be fines and then further repercussions. This is not a joke.
Oh I agree as it does state I think, that she was almost struck off at one point. So if she doesn't file her accounts and it struck off, can I then get the company name, Cooking on a bootstrap? Asking for my great auntie Mabel. *rubbing my greedy mitts together thinking how many hams she can buy*

Reactions: 7
I have read this a few times now and am still confused, what does it mean? Does she want people to post their names underneath or DM her so she can give them some money or buy them something, erm I can see that going well!

Why doesn’t she donate to one of the many charities that are accepting donations. Ie I have given £2,000 to the Bail Fund.
I really genuinely don’t understand what she is doing, and you can quote that M’Lord because it is clear she is trying to do something good but in an utterly baffling way.

(At this point in the trial I call as a witness the MP David Lammy to discuss his views on comic relief because if I am understanding this correctly it fits into the same box)

Attachments

• Angry
Yes to be fair I trust her about as much as I trust the concept of grating corned beef into a lasagne. We shall see. Deeds not words and all that x
Lavs unless there is something in it for her, sorry, still don't buy it. You are a better person than me for giving her a small benefit of the doubt though.x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was curious about this too, I mean buying everyone protesting in Trafalgar Square a copy of her book, really isn’t the answer.
It’s very unclear. I’m not sure even her most ardent followers could claim to understand exactly what she’s proposing here.

Reactions: 6
I really genuinely don’t understand what she is doing, and you can quote that M’Lord because it is clear she is trying to do something good but in an utterly baffling way.
I don't think she understands either Bacon. Talk is cheap. End results are what counts.

Reactions: 7
:sneaky:
My husband has gone off to the great aunties place to do a bit of chores. Probably to drink sherry and talk about how wonderful I am.
I have put on my pajamas, opened up the wine, fed the pussycats a chopped up prawn each and now doing the Asda shop.

I'm gutted I missed it and I'm sorry to ask but...where did Haus Frau come from?
German word for you rock , have big tits and are the greatest thing on earth. I think.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Saw this today, will just drop it here ....
I know a twitter feed that would look great on.

As an aside I had a fantastic tea tonight courtesy of the bbc good food app which included a good dollop of mayo and would be perfect for to cook up in a shed. Prawn pesto pasta. Very tasty.

I've also got Shivi's ice kitchen in a tab waiting to buy. I boycott Amazon as a rule so trying to buy books in a pandemic is tricky.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.