Jack Monroe #21 If you cut me do I not bleed mayonnaise? #jacklivesmatter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, even the publicist who was interviewing her on that facebook thing, we all fell in love with!! I can't think of a single person she's professionally interacted with who we haven't actually really liked.
The publicist was super professional, I was in awe, she’s fab.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Spotted that her filings were late a month ago and was staggered. Failure to file is a big deal and she has no excuses. Get a flipping lawyer/accountant and deal with this pronto or there will be fines and then further repercussions. This is not a joke.
There is a few people one does not duck with, the tax man, your accountant and your lawyer. She has stated a few times she has a good accountant but knowing how tight fisted (only an opinion) she is of spreading the lolly around, doubt it

The publicist was super professional, I was in awe, she’s fab.
I loved her hair.

• Haha
I am not buying it. Call me cynical but unless (don't sue me) here is something big and financially for JM, its all just talk.
I'm happy to give Javk the benefit of the doubt on this one. However, whatever her motives, I think it is generally a good thing.

Reactions: 4
I'm happy to give Javk the benefit of the doubt on this one. However, whatever her motives, I think it is generally a good thing
Until superfan gets her signed book, I believe nothing of what I hear and half of what I see from her.

Why, it's perfect! Wrong, but so right.
You can put seed packets in the holes you know. Doubles up.

Just for the foodies amongst us, watermelon and feta is a wonderful combination.

Good night my favourite people. Sleep well for those who can and happy love and major hugs for those who cannot.
You are quite loved. Actually you are well loved, by me anyway.

1591125050921.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
All going so well until she yet again made it about her and her financial sacrifices.
No need to slip that in. No need at all.
I know, but it is progress - she really appears to be trying to get the tone right. Far better than the black square wank she was posting earlier.

Reactions: 7
not sure how it's going to work - to me it sounds as if with her patreon and paypal money she will buy copies of her book and then donate the profits to charities, but this makes no sense as it splits the donations into royalties for her and the profit on the book to charity (i think) She doesn't need to buy anything, all she needs to do is donate. I don't understand where the buying things comes in but maybe that's bcos it's just a seedling idea in her mind too and she's overthinking it. Or i'm more stupid than I thought.

Reactions: 6
I have read this a few times now and am still confused, what does it mean? Does she want people to post their names underneath or DM her so she can give them some money or buy them something, erm I can see that going well!

Why doesn’t she donate to one of the many charities that are accepting donations. Ie I have given £2,000 to the Bail Fund.
I really genuinely don’t understand what she is doing, and you can quote that M’Lord because it is clear she is trying to do something good but in an utterly baffling way.

(At this point in the trial I call as a witness the MP David Lammy to discuss his views on comic relief because if I am understanding this correctly it fits into the same box)
I definitely feel that she could have just said I am donating £Xxxx the equivalent of my income this week to X charity.

Instead, she wants to drive engagement back to her by getting people to reply, retweet, DM, whatever. Again, this all feels like another way to make it all about her, and "good" she is etc.

Not to mention, those who have to publicly declare their charitable acts, giving and/or donations are the ones who are not doing it for good, but to LOOK GOOD.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I know, but it is progress - she really appears to be trying to get the tone right. Far better than the black square wank she was posting earlier.
It is but Twitter is absolutely awash with voices to amplify today - voices, causes, businesses, resources. She could do her own work and just retweet people all on her own.

I think this will also expose exactly how how white, middle-class her followers are given the dearth of relevant replies so far.

Oh well, times must be good if she can afford to pay a lawyer to monitor this site with no plans for action unless she has time. A fascinating way to waste money.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
not sure how it's going to work - to me it sounds as if with her patreon and paypal money she will buy copies of her book and then donate the profits to charities, but this makes no sense as it splits the donations into royalties for her and the profit on the book to charity (i think) She doesn't need to buy anything, all she needs to do is donate. I don't understand where the buying things comes in but maybe that's bcos it's just a seedling idea in her mind too and she's overthinking it. Or i'm more stupid than I thought.
I hope it isn't the book thing, but actual cash she is donating.

Without sounding like a Jacolyte I think (hope) that this is coming from a good placce. But she needs to sit down and talk it through with someone a bit more savvy than her to make sure the money is used in the best possible way.

But I'm in a good mood as my husband is back at work and hopefully it won't be long before I'm back, so my optimism may be misplaced.

Her Good Food book is already down to 251 on Amazon's chart. I'm actually surprised it's dropping so quickly 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Oh well, times must be good if she can afford to pay a lawyer to monitor this site with no plans for action unless she has time. A fascinating way to waste money.
It is strange the need to say there is a lawyer monitoring here. All the threads and comments are still here. Nothing is being deleted. She is trying to insinuate Tattle is so shifty she has to have a folder of printouts. She is the only one with form for deleting stuff. Nobody here has said anything wrong. Everyone is responding to the information she chooses to put in the public domain.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It is strange the need to say there is a lawyer monitoring here. All the threads and comments are still here. Nothing is being deleted. She is trying to insinuate Tattle is so shifty she has to have a folder of printouts. She is the only one with form for deleting stuff. Nobody here has said anything wrong. Everyone is responding to the information she chooses to put in the public domain.
It's certainly an unusual combination of circumstances to both live on the edge of financial ruin and be able to keep a lawyer on retainer.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
It's certainly an unusual combination of circumstances to both live on the edge of financial ruin and be able to keep a lawyer on retainer.

Food £20
Data £5
Rent £1,400
Smeg £1,999
Solicitor £10,000
CK Bralets £0
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is on the living wage.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I'm far too poor to have a family/retained lawyer. I just bounce things off my former uni flatmate lawyer pal when she's not chairing tribunals.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.