Jack Monroe #207 Jack Morley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Listen I love the canal and all of it’s mithering ninnies but I.Shant.Eat..That
The texture is indeed like wallpaper paste with gluten-y strands pulling the slop back from the spoon which tries to separate it.
It went darker the longer it was boiled, my guess is that Fack left it on High all night. The addition of coconut milk is bizarre, you can add more milk to water down over cooked oats but you’re supposed to mix it in. Once oats have gone full jelly, you know it, though.
I have to go OUT (yes I know, get me, it’s been 84 years etc) but when I come back I’ll pop the slow cooker on for another 5 hours, see if we can’t purge all the moisture out

Reactions: 70
We don't deserve you, Hotes. And you don't deserve the oats, Hotes. I just love your username in combination with the recipe.

Reactions: 38
I'm on a mega grunk and might find this has been addressed but dear disco, there IS a wrong way to donate.

Labelling all the tins with your name before donating. Who the fuck does that!? Oh... wait

Reactions: 55
I see Jack has spammed her IG grid with another identical Trussell Trust post. I guess it's the equivalent of retweeting in her mind.

Reactions: 43
Listen I love the canal and all of it’s mithering ninnies but I.Shant.Eat..That
The texture is indeed like wallpaper paste with gluten-y strands pulling the slop back from the spoon which tries to separate it.
It went darker the longer it was boiled, my guess is that Fack left it on High all night. The addition of coconut milk is bizarre, you can add more milk to water down over cooked oats but you’re supposed to mix it in. Once oats have gone full jelly, you know it though. Like scraping the burnt bit off toast, you’ve made the toast more palatable but you haven’t restored it to unburnt.

Reactions: 23
I'm on a mega grunk and might find this has been addressed but dear disco, there IS a wrong way to donate.

Labelling all the tins with your name before donating. Who the fuck does that!? Oh... wait
Donated by I, Jack Monroe, author AND writer.

Reactions: 36

That labelled tins thing slays me every time it's mentioned. Surprised she didn't stick a wee headshot on each one as well

Reactions: 45
Even the blackberries on her Instagram look unappetising. An under ripe one front and centre, and bits of stalk and leaf in and around the berries.

Reactions: 33
Even the blackberries on her Instagram look unappetising. An under ripe one front and centre, and bits of stalk and leaf in and around the berries.
I liked when she 'fisted' them into a bottle.

By which I mean I got horrifying images

Reactions: 39
I see Jack has spammed her IG grid with another identical Trussell Trust post. I guess it's the equivalent of retweeting in her mind.
Stopped following for a while but see she’s still on a whistle stop tour of fucking up activism so guess not much has changed.

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.