Jack Monroe #207 Jack Morley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Listen I love the canal and all of it’s mithering ninnies but I.Shant.Eat..That
The texture is indeed like wallpaper paste with gluten-y strands pulling the slop back from the spoon which tries to separate it.
It went darker the longer it was boiled, my guess is that Fack left it on High all night. The addition of coconut milk is bizarre, you can add more milk to water down over cooked oats but you’re supposed to mix it in. Once oats have gone full jelly, you know it, though.
I have to go OUT (yes I know, get me, it’s been 84 years etc) but when I come back I’ll pop the slow cooker on for another 5 hours, see if we can’t purge all the moisture out

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
The texture is indeed like wallpaper paste with gluten-y strands pulling the slop back from the spoon which tries to separate it.
It went darker the longer it was boiled, my guess is that Fack left it on High all night. The addition of coconut milk is bizarre, you can add more milk to water down over cooked oats but you’re supposed to mix it in. Once oats have gone full jelly, you know it, though.
I have to go OUT (yes I know, get me, it’s been 84 years etc) but when I come back I’ll pop the slow cooker on for another 5 hours, see if we can’t purge all the moisture out
We don't deserve you, Hotes. And you don't deserve the oats, Hotes. I just love your username in combination with the recipe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Honestly all donations are welcome but I know there is always donation admin :) When I choose items to donate myself I tend to go cheaper for some things like jam and beans, spaghetti etc which then leaves a bit more breathing room to get spenny on something like tinned veggie meals, peanut butter and also chocolate/biscuits and other treats.
I've packed parcels before where all the tins are white-label and it does look a bit...institutional...but it is easily broken up with nice snacks and other bits and bobs and the nutrition is still there. Hope that reassures you that there is no wrong way to donate ❤
I'm on a mega grunk and might find this has been addressed but dear disco, there IS a wrong way to donate.

Labelling all the tins with your name before donating. Who the duck does that!? Oh... wait

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I see Jack has spammed her IG grid with another identical Trussell Trust post. I guess it's the equivalent of retweeting in her mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
It went darker the longer it was boiled, my guess is that Fack left it on High all night. The addition of coconut milk is bizarre, you can add more milk to water down over cooked oats but you’re supposed to mix it in. Once oats have gone full jelly, you know it though. Like scraping the burnt bit off toast, you’ve made the toast more palatable but you haven’t restored it to unburnt.

Reactions: 23
I'm on a mega grunk and might find this has been addressed but dear disco, there IS a wrong way to donate.

Labelling all the tins with your name before donating. Who the duck does that!? Oh... wait
Donated by I, Jack Monroe, author AND writer.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

That labelled tins thing slays me every time it's mentioned. Surprised she didn't stick a wee headshot on each one as well

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Even the blackberries on her Instagram look unappetising. An under ripe one front and centre, and bits of stalk and leaf in and around the berries.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Even the blackberries on her Instagram look unappetising. An under ripe one front and centre, and bits of stalk and leaf in and around the berries.
I liked when she 'fisted' them into a bottle.

By which I mean I got horrifying images

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I see Jack has spammed her IG grid with another identical Trussell Trust post. I guess it's the equivalent of retweeting in her mind.
Stopped following for a while but see she’s still on a whistle stop tour of bleeping up activism so guess not much has changed.

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.