Jack Monroe #207 Jack Morley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also i thought she had dear old BOJO on speedial from all their lunch dates at number 10.šŸ˜Œ

Hes probably peeing his pants now shes unleashed herself on insta, the poor twitter folk will have to forgo this activism.

Save me....
Maybe that's why he drinks like a fish šŸŸ (though not the ones in her freezer nor does he drink what fishes drink).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Newsflash:
She got it out of the pan.View attachment 770706View attachment 770707

Flapjack, it is not.
Run the hoover round... Do people really say that? Especially people her age? More performative bollocks

Do year 7 really disappear after school and not turn up until dinner time? Not in my daughters school, not in any school Iā€™ve worked in.
because of catchment areas kids often come from all over. My DD dawdles sometimes and goes to shop or something. But not turning up until 6 would be unheard of, especially as they finish at 2.30.

itā€™s one of the hidden struggles of secondary. If you arenā€™t happy for them to come home to an empty house thereā€™s no childcare and working around them is hard!
Yup. I have a new year 7-er, I can't get my head around this. One child still in primary and able to access the after school club and the oldest has no after school club and comes home super early while I'm still working so lil homie no longer happy to go to after school club.
Really effs up my working day I'd I'm working from home and they come home and I'm not happy for them to be latchkey kids yet. Grrrr. And back to the point: I'd be concerned if my new Yr 7 biggerhomie diverted en route home and was gamboling around local nature spots and having adventures coming home whenever they want.
It's not my 1970s childhood šŸ™„
Jack fails to read the room once again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 35
so now that I have been on insta more Iā€™ve noticed sir Matt is advertising some laser thing for sciatica. Having had it I have sympathies and at least he is declaring it as an ad but I was surprised to see it. I noticed in the comments someone pointed out other bbc presenters were not allowed to do ads and work for BBC and they got a bit of a pasting in the responses.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
She bloody loves the string of pearls fake plant! It features in a lot of her posed backgrounds.

I bet it's thick with filth. :sick:
It definitely is, it always raises a scowl with me. It has a yellow hue that could only be from a film of grease. I'm a fiend and a dork for houseplants, so am biased against artificial plants, but acknowledge Jack's feat of making a fake plant look worse than a suffering living one.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
so now that I have been on insta more Iā€™ve noticed sir Matt is advertising some laser thing for sciatica. Having had it I have sympathies and at least he is declaring it as an ad but I was surprised to see it. I noticed in the comments someone pointed out other bbc presenters were not allowed to do ads and work for BBC and they got a bit of a pasting in the responses.
The rules apply to employees of the Beeb. Sir Matt of the Forearms is likely contracted, and to Cactus TV at that - heā€™s as much of an employee for the Beeb as I am

Reactions: 27
The rules apply to employees of the Beeb. Sir Matt of the Forearms is likely contracted, and to Cactus TV at that - heā€™s as much of an employee for the Beeb as I am
I think it may apply to contracted productions as well, Masterchef the Professionals is made by Shine TV, but Micheal Roux Jnr was told he had to choose between it and advertising Rooster potatoes. I think the key is that you're not allowed to advertise anything that is connected to the programme you present - so sciatica products have no connection to Saturday Morning Kitchen, but Nick Knowles basically doing a mini version of DIY SOS for Shreddies got him removed from his job.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
After a nights sleep i am still failing to see how her sticking a few random posts and angry raised fist comment below on insta is going to even make ripples in the cabinet.

Reader it is not, to me its similar to the child who decides to protest against homework, walks out of school stands for twenty minutes and then pisses of to the shop for sweets before going home to play xbox.

I get she thinks she trying to raise awareness but apart from sharing another companies campaign she doesnt seem to have done much else. It just seems to be really lazy.

Reactions: 30
After a nights sleep i am still failing to see how her sticking a few random posts and angry raised fist comment below on insta is going to even make ripples in the cabinet.

Reader it is not, to me its similar to the child who decides to protest against homework, walks out of school stands for twenty minutes and then pisses of to the shop for sweets before going home to play xbox.

I get she thinks she trying to raise awareness but apart from sharing another companies campaign she doesnt seem to have done much else. It just seems to be really lazy.
Itā€™s entirely self serving - so she can continue to call herself a ā€œcampaignerā€ working (ha!) with The Trussell Trust. She certainly isnā€™t doing anything practical. There has been more promotion of food bank usage and support here, than on her platforms.

Also - where is her Octopus Energy partnership and campaigning about the energy prices soaring? I am telling you now, this grim issue, lurking as we go into winter, is going to cause some terrible problems for card meter users. I was never as destitute as some of the poor folk today, juggling reduced benefits and support - but I still sweat over remembering the cost of topping up the gas in winter. Ā£30-50 would seem to disappear in really cold weeks. This will be impossible for a lot at the moment. And most of the poorest are in very low quality (usually private rented) housing. I see a big push on some form of support being campaigned for in terms of energy bills - like food banks, where donations towards heating costs are asked for alongside tins of beans.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
Itā€™s entirely self serving - so she can continue to call herself a ā€œcampaignerā€ working (ha!) with The Trussell Trust. She certainly isnā€™t doing anything practical. There has been more promotion of food bank usage and support here, than on her platforms.

Also - where is her Octopus Energy partnership and campaigning about the energy prices soaring? I am telling you now, this grim issue, lurking as we go into winter, is going to cause some terrible problems for card meter users. I was never as destitute as some of the poor folk today, juggling reduced benefits and support - but I still sweat over remembering the cost of topping up the gas in winter. Ā£30-50 would seem to disappear in really cold weeks. This will be impossible for a lot at the moment. And most of the poorest are in very low quality (usually private rented) housing. I see a big push on some form of support being campaigned for in terms of energy bills - like food banks, where donations towards heating costs are asked for alongside tins of beans.
My local food bank has teamed up with a charity that tops ups energy payments for service users if referred by the food bank staff.

• Wow
Reactions: 39
Do year 7 really disappear after school and not turn up until dinner time? Not in my daughters school, not in any school Iā€™ve worked in.
because of catchment areas kids often come from all over. My DD dawdles sometimes and goes to shop or something. But not turning up until 6 would be unheard of, especially as they finish at 2.30.

itā€™s one of the hidden struggles of secondary. If you arenā€™t happy for them to come home to an empty house thereā€™s no childcare and working around them is hard!
Iā€™m glad several of you have mentioned this because I started questioning my parenting. When my SG was in year 7 she rarely ventured off after school, and if she did it was a pre-planned visit to a friends house, or come home, get changed, eat something, then go off to the park for an hour. Tbh she's year 9 now and not much has changed.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I used to think I knew what being an Activist meant... campaigns, marches, debates, discussions, raising awareness, Greenham Common...etc

But....it seems to mean making a chequerboard pattern on Instagram out of someone else's post, interspersed with pictures of shopping trolleys and crisp packets
Shes too angry to be a successful campaigner. She just seems to shout and wave her fists around. Nobody in any position of power can be arsed with it.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Iā€™m glad several of you have mentioned this because I started questioning my parenting. When my SG was in year 7 she rarely ventured off after school, and if she did it was a pre-planned visit to a friends house, or come home, get changed, eat something, then go off to the park for an hour. Tbh she's year 9 now and not much has changed.
I honestly think shes just bitters hes got mates now and doesnt want to be bothered much with her now. Its perfectly normal but she who needs to be the centre of everything cannot handle it.

Reactions: 22

It's a step below a change.org petition really, 'that'll do' applies to every part of her life. Bung a couple infographics up and look ma, I'm an activist!

eta: I don't remember roaming in Year 7 and I'm from a relatively small and very safe town (apart from something midsomer-like every so often) and we didn't start kicking about on our own til Year 9 or so.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.