Jack Monroe #205 Overdeliverer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On last night's insta cabbage action - she posted a pic of an empty bowl with a caption like LOOK AT THIS WE DEFINITELY ATE IT ALL SO NOW I HAVE NO PICS OF THE COMPLETED DISH TO SHOW YOU .... followed immediately by a pic of said cabbage and mac and cheese 🥴 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 56
On last night's insta cabbage action - she posted a pic of an empty bowl with a caption like LOOK AT THIS WE DEFINITELY ATE IT ALL SO NOW I HAVE NO PICS OF THE COMPLETED DISH TO SHOW YOU .... followed immediately by a pic of said cabbage and mac and cheese 🥴 🥴
I honestly cannot think about that photo of mac and cheese without feeling a bit sick...at this point I cannot believe she isn't just trolling us because no one could possibly think that looks appetising?!

And over 10 years of producing cookbooks yet she still seems to think that kimchi is something that requires being 'brave' to make :rolleyes: (here's a secret for you Jack: kimchi is actually very, very easy to make if you possess even just the tiniest fraction of culinary skill)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I honestly cannot think about that photo of mac and cheese without feeling a bit sick...at this point I cannot believe she isn't just trolling us because no one could possibly think that looks appetising?!

And over 10 years of producing cookbooks yet she still seems to think that kimchi is something that requires being 'brave' to make :rolleyes: (here's a secret for you Jack: kimchi is actually very, very easy to make if you possess even just the tiniest fraction of culinary skill)
Shame Jack didn't venture further from her aparthotel room to find the rare eateries of London full of these weird and wonderful ingredients! Kimchi is everywhere, it's nothing special!

Does SB not need a hearty brekkie today? No porridge and greasy fried narnas today?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Screenshot_20210906-113844_Instagram.jpg

Truly bizarre because that's clearly a bowl that's been scraped directly into the bin.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Morning cabal! How are we all doing? I'm adjusting to being back at my WFH desk after an extended break but it's nice to be back at it. Days do go faster.

Jack is using Insta like my 60 something parents would if they had it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I wonder how her mum always got her cabbage so buttery?! Perhaps it was by ... adding butter 🤔

Screenshot 2021-09-06 at 11.51.43.png

Very similar 'PAAAARP' sounds, I'd wager 💨

Screenshot 2021-09-06 at 11.55.16.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
A) why is she boiling THEN frying thinly sliced cabbage and then putting vinegar on it??! POBP and butter on would have been fine

B) the fridge clearer was clearly a desperate intervention as her house is a Temple of Botulism
SHE CANT AFFORD BUTTER!

why the duck would you boil and fry it. Oh yeah. Slop.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Not many kids will willingly eat cabbage so most schools wouldnt have attempted it, most veg would have been peas, green beans and carrots. We sometimes got carrot and parsnip mashed together at Christmas time for Christmas school dinners. Its foul i hated it. My mum serves it christmas and just like my sprouts i force it down. 🤣
I had cabbage for school dinners, but that was in the 1960’s!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
We didn't get school dinners in South Australia. We had to bring our own or get a lunch order from the canteen. Ate plenty of cabbage at home though!

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Something is bothering me. Its stupid but why does she eat out of bowls?

I only eat pasta, cereal, soup and stew out of bowls.

Reactions: 18

I think it's a diet thing, my mum eats out of bowls when she's on a 'diet', you can put less food in a bowl (unless you are my mum, who precariously heaps the food high).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I think it's a diet thing, my mum eats out of bowls when she's on a 'diet', you can put less food in a bowl (unless you are my mum, who precariously heaps the food high).
So people don’t realise how teeny, tiny, smol the portions are. Side plate dinner plate are obvious, bowl especially with a teaspoon in ….. all smoke and mirrors

Reactions: 22

It's because everything has the consistency of slurry and a bowl stops it running off the sides of a plate.

Or as I like to think, escaping.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.