Jack Monroe #205 Overdeliverer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A) why is she boiling THEN frying thinly sliced cabbage and then putting vinegar on it??! POBP and butter on would have been fine

B) the fridge clearer was clearly a desperate intervention as her house is a Temple of Botulism
A) because she can’t cook! as she never actually eats her food, she is totally oblivious that she is chatting 💩

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Apparently likes to run round doing a lot of hugging. I could have sworn #actually autistic Jack didn't like being touched, what with her #actually autistic sensory issues.
Lol, Feral cats are well known for their propensity to go around hug everyone.

Jack runs a bull tit mill.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Feel free to call me out, fairer members of the cabal, but I suspect that due to recent and continuing eff ups, Jack's name is a joke/punchline in the communities she would prefer to work in
Funny you said this, I was going to pop in after my grunk and give you all an update on Jack being on a long list of people my company might want to work with on a campaign.

The long list was discussed in a meeting last week and I was keeping pretty quiet (trying to suppress blurting out “mendacious slop!” or similar).

Colleague #1 said “Is she still around?”
Colleague #2 replied: “Not heard about her for ages.”

Then there were some general mutterings about her not being well or reliable. All a bit vague, but there was a lack of enthusiasm about her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
A) why is she boiling THEN frying thinly sliced cabbage and then putting vinegar on it??! POBP and butter on would have been fine

B) the fridge clearer was clearly a desperate intervention as her house is a Temple of Botulism
I must confess I do love vinegar on cabbage, I would not cook it to mush though.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm watching the chase. there's a contestant on called brenda and there was just a question about pythagoras

she gets everywhere!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Funny you said this, I was going to pop in after my grunk and give you all an update on Jack being on a long list of people my company might want to work with on a campaign.

The long list was discussed in a meeting last week and I was keeping pretty quiet (trying to suppress blurting out “mendacious slop!” or similar).

Then there were some general mutterings about her not being well or reliable. All a bit vague, but there was a lack of enthusiasm about her.
Bet your face lit up

• Haha
Reactions: 24
ooooh i know who this account is and they are also an insufferable embarrassing attention seeker…a match made in heaven
OMG I was wondering why I couldn't see the tweet when I searched for it so I logged out of twitter and searched again. It turns out I couldn't find it because this is an account I muted just last week, for being incredibly annoying and consistently turning up on my timeline not because I follow them but because so many people like their annoying tweets.
Anyhoo, late to the party but can you BELIEVE this is my first ever thread title suggestion which has been used! Feeling very honoured and ✨seen✨, might do a speech.

Honorary Graduate Dr Jack Monroe at the University of Essex - YouTube

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
It’s been quite trendy for a while. Yotam Ottolenghi’s Charred Hispi cabbage comes to mind.
Didn’t Tom Kerridge barbecue cabbage quarters on one of his tv shows?
Could have been lettuce.

leaves are leaves 🍃

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Went to a grammar school, can confirm we had chips, but only on fridays, never once saw cabbage up for offer. Was some lovely slab cakes sliced up everyday.

ETA: can also confirm I get wet when it rains.
I also went to a Grammar School, and the yearly increases in the price of a portion of chips in the canteen far outstripped inflation :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Ok this is a reach, buuut… I think someone at Pier PR (try saying that after a few kombuchas) might be a Frau.
We know the true meaning of a pineapple emoji; “crowing trifle” - the Trifle Defender is a queen; and maybe a reference to a tattler with a “bee” in his name who we’re all pretty fond of? 🤔

View attachment 747852
Insert Ru gif - wish I could find it
Ru-veal yourself!

gentle humming of ‘inexplicable egg’

• Haha
Reactions: 22
That award looks very sinister. Lovely trousers too. She could whip them off and have an impromptu picnic with Sue. I'm sure she has some travel eggs and cheap wet ham with her in her handbag. Never leave the house without an egg, that's what I always say.
I have to say I'm loving the growing egg glossary in the cable.

We have:
Sea eggs
Land eggs
Inexplicable eggs
And now travel eggs.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Ok this is a reach, buuut… I think someone at Pier PR (try saying that after a few kombuchas) might be a Frau.
We know the true meaning of a pineapple emoji; “crowing trifle” - the Trifle Defender is a queen; and maybe a reference to a tattler with a “bee” in his name who we’re all pretty fond of? 🤔

View attachment 747852
Thats like one of those mad clues from the old TV show 321 with Dusty Bin!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I think any lingering doubt that Trifle Defender keeps up with these threads is gone...

trifle defender 2.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I was introducing my kids to old school 'Danny the Champion of the World' at the weekend and completely forgot old Novak Nail was in it!!

MV5BNmFlZGI0NWMtOTA3My00YWUwLWE4NTctZGEyOTc3OTA3ZjQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjk3NTUyOTc@._V1_.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
OMG I was wondering why I couldn't see the tweet when I searched for it so I logged out of twitter and searched again. It turns out I couldn't find it because this is an account I muted just last week, for being incredibly annoying and consistently turning up on my timeline not because I follow them but because so many people like their annoying tweets.
Anyhoo, late to the party but can you BELIEVE this is my first ever thread title suggestion which has been used! Feeling very honoured and ✨seen✨, might do a speech.

View attachment 747980
she's verging on deserving her own thread! no one cares about your stupid cakes

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I’m still on that cabbage abomination..soz

Suggesting a table spoon of oil and balsamic vinegar to fry 🙄 If it’s a 10th of a cabbage it’s gonna be a slimy soggy oil slick. Balsamic isn’t gonna “dry up” when it’s in the pan with a tablespoon of oil and soggy cabbage you twit. Balsamic either needs reducing on its own in the pan for a long time to produce a thicker consistency that will caramelise to give it a charred/crispy look/taste or drizzling over once you’ve fried the cabbage.unt!
@Nottonightbabe vinegar and cabbage is a match made in heaven...but not jack style

Trifle defender is my spirit animal and she knows her onions cabbages

*Also from last post bread knife - segregated edge 😬 I meant serrated

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.