Jack Monroe #205 Overdeliverer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's a diet thing, my mum eats out of bowls when she's on a 'diet', you can put less food in a bowl (unless you are my mum, who precariously heaps the food high).
Thank you. I didnt know this.

Also something else thats bothering me is. Recently her recipies ,( if you will) seem to me to bascially her dinner served up in a rate my plate fashion with a run down of ingredients. Theres no real theme, ie time of year, celebrating specific cultures/ days. Its all just a mish mash of American/ potato famine stuff. Is this her body of work now?

Reactions: 26

Also something else thate bothering me is. Recently her recipies ,( if you will) seem to me to bascially her dinner served up in a rate my plate fashion with a run down of ingredients. Theres no real theme, ie time of year, celebrating specific cultures/ days. Its all just a mish mash of American/ potato famine stuff. Is this her body of work now?
Jack knows very little about specific cultures because she is incurious and self-obsessed. Her little universe is not a polyethnic one.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Also something else thats bothering me is. Recently her recipies ,( if you will) seem to me to bascially her dinner served up in a rate my plate fashion with a run down of ingredients. Theres no real theme, ie time of year, celebrating specific cultures/ days. Its all just a mish mash of American/ potato famine stuff. Is this her body of work now?
You are aware of her body of work, aren't you? 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 24
she's stolen the empty bowl thing from Rick Stein! his recipes always end on a shot of the fork/spoon clattering down on the empty plate

• Heart
Reactions: 22
OMG I was wondering why I couldn't see the tweet when I searched for it so I logged out of twitter and searched again. It turns out I couldn't find it because this is an account I muted just last week, for being incredibly annoying and consistently turning up on my timeline not because I follow them but because so many people like their annoying tweets.
Anyhoo, late to the party but can you BELIEVE this is my first ever thread title suggestion which has been used! Feeling very honoured and ✨seen✨, might do a speech.

View attachment 747980
Dr Dr Sawyer!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I hope we don't have to wait a whole week for more cabbage content 😔
It will be turnips and swedes next week - maybe pumpkins to herald the coming of autumn.
Pumpkin spice slow cooker ribolitta with a turkey’s egg nestling in the juices.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Aw shoot Poca, I don’t think there’s been a pumpkin spice Jack but given how basic she is and behind the curve on fashion.....nooooooo!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It will be turnips and swedes next week - maybe pumpkins to herald the coming of autumn.
I've never had a turkey's egg but now you mention it, I'm convinced it absolutely has to be the worst of all the eggs.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
This is Jack though.

She will serve up asparagus and strawberries to herald the coming of autumn.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I'm predicting pears.
All the supermarket magazines, supplements and twitter trends have got pears everywhere, especially savoury.
Jack is such a maverick she spent her caravan holiday trawling through trends, realised it was butterbeans roasted with peppers then VOILA! She returned from her jaunt with a butter bean and pepper thingy.
So pears then. Probably from Del Monte. With anchovies.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
I'm predicting pears.
All the supermarket magazines, supplements and twitter trends have got pears everywhere, especially savoury.
Jack is such a maverick she spent her caravan holiday trawling through trends, realised it was butterbeans roasted with peppers then VOILA! She returned from her jaunt with a butter bean and pepper thingy.
So pears then. Probably from Del Monte. With anchovies.
And an inexplicable egg 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She wont do pumpkin its coming into season. We will get strawberry Pavlova and tomato sandwiches next week.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.