Jack Monroe #205 Overdeliverer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she's stolen the empty bowl thing from Rick Stein! his recipes always end on a shot of the fork/spoon clattering down on the empty plate
But tbf the food always looks delicious and the cutlery/crockery hasn’t been stolen from the doll’s house.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It will be turnips and swedes next week - maybe pumpkins to herald the coming of autumn.
Pumpkin spice slow cooker ribolitta with a turkey’s egg nestling in the juices.
Silly Poca, pumpkins are in season in May, like the swedes.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
There are some pretty desperate ploys for engagement on Instagram, but 'what's your favourite thing to do with a cabbage?' has to be up there with the worst?

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Given how late she is to the kimchi party, I'm guessing we'll see Jack's incarnations of matcha and turmeric lattes sometime in 2028?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
“crowing trifle"
Sorry but it goes so well with her cockatoo hair.

crowing trifle.jpg

If pears are on the menu I'm hoping for something that's going to supercede the famed mussels and pears or the revered golden pear and bacon porridge. Cabbage and pears. Egg and pears. Teriyaki pears. Cheese and pear toasties. Pear and ham pizza. Pear no longer looks like a real word.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I'm predicting pears.
All the supermarket magazines, supplements and twitter trends have got pears everywhere, especially savoury.
Jack is such a maverick she spent her caravan holiday trawling through trends, realised it was butterbeans roasted with peppers then VOILA! She returned from her jaunt with a butter bean and pepper thingy.
So pears then. Probably from Del Monte. With anchovies.
Pearchovy Pie!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
I was thinking about how nutritionally subpar Jack's meals are. A large cabbage has around 312 calories (according to Google anyway). A tenth of that, with mac and cheese? I know you can't judge someone's diet by a single dish, but her habit of serving such inadequate meals is grim.

Reactions: 32
On what planet are cheese, pasta and cabbage close bedfellows? What a horrendous combination.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Hey someone in the know. Has she made cabbage or suede curry?! Now i would love too see that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Hey someone in the know. Has she made cabbage or suede curry?! Now i would love too see that.
I had a nose around, her site still isn't working so it's hard to read recipes in full but the curry she did for Linda McCartney had kale in it. While nosing I came across her banana, tea and chickpea curry which I'd forgotten about, and am now sad to remember again. It also contains yogurt and mandarins 😑

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Sorry but it goes so well with her cockatoo hair.

View attachment 748606

If pears are on the menu I'm hoping for something that's going to supercede the famed mussels and pears or the revered golden pear and bacon porridge. Cabbage and pears. Egg and pears. Teriyaki pears. Cheese and pear toasties. Pear and ham pizza. Pear no longer looks like a real word.
Sorry to borrow the pic TS but this had to be done…
A71521B6-061C-4C82-8451-0FB6EBAF6BBA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.